S49: England v. USA, 2 July

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by soccernutter, Jun 30, 2019.

1. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    My young son told me the following this morning.

Geez Dad if England hadn’t screwed up so much they would have won.”

soccernutter and blissett repped this.
  2. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    kolabear repped this.
  3. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't disagree with you, but consider the "science" of what we had before.
    We had a running AR who had to "listen" to the ball coming off the players foot and "eyeballing" whether the offensive player was offside. How many "really bad" calls did we see on our HD TV's before VAR took over?
    Sure VAR isn't perfect, but it's better than what we had and it will continue to evolve.

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just for the sake of completeness: I don't think I had posted FIFA official highlights of the game yet :coffee::

kolabear, soccernutter and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  5. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jonathan Wilson's an excellent analyst of tactical formations. I just wish he'd write about women's soccer more. But he'd rather watch the cricket. (Seriously. I'm not jesting. He's into cricket)

It didn't become a major controversy but Wilson's also had the best idea on suspensions for yellow card accumulation: after the Round of 16, wipe out the group stage yellow cards. There's never a game (prior to the semifinals of course) where a player can cynically take a yellow card knowing it's wiped out immediately.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.