S24.Brasil - Sweden

Discussion in '2016 Olympic Women's Soccer Tournament' started by Gilmoy, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    ugh. Not Raquel. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, I'm getting back to work...

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Both FWs that had seemed to me totally unable to score (Debiniha and Beatriz) are now out...

3. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    yea, there's a couple fan in here who love bunkering and call it "sophisticated"

time for brazil to start F'ing with Sweden. drop the ball in the center of the field...make Sweden attack and get everyone into their half. open the field. why not

4. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Kate, how are Sweden more rested than Brazil? They both had identical quarterfinals: scoreless draws followed by penalties.

5. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same thought I had, but Sweden has had much less travel, so there's that.

exref repped this.
  6. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

And Sweden would open up because...?

7. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Brazil is shooting from 40 yards?

8. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    They won't they learned that lesson in group play, let us remember.

But Schelin, please STOP FAFFING and SHOOT the ball fer crissakes.

9. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to twist the discussion from the USWNT forum. I think there are a few (like me) who admire a good bunker and realize that it does take skill and a lot of fitness. I wouldn't say that I love it or even prefer it though.

And I'm cheering for Brazil regardless of how I feel about bunkering, because of Formiga, because Brazil are playing at home, and because I hope that it will do something for woso in Brazil. Oh, and because Pia....

exref and blissett repped this.
  10. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    i was joking, but when they counter Sweden throws a lot of numbers going forward. Pia wants a lot of people crashing the box.

More Sweden possession is one way to open up the game.

11. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    113' 0-0 Cristiane(?) receives at 16m mid-left, back-heel to a cutting run intercepted. Samuelsson clears upfield -- rises hard into Marta's head :cry: Marta down momentarily, gets up. Ref won't let her re-enter during deadball.

114' 0-0 Sweden right throw-in at own box top, Marta promptly returns.

114' 0-0 Schelin roams to 30m wide right, rolls a pass up wide right for Jakobsson turning past box top, down to 6m. Cross floats over box to 2m left post, just over a central runner's head, bounces through 6-left.

115' 0-0 Brasil hold at 40m circle right. Serve to box top cleared away. Andressa Alves spins 180 cw past Dahlkvist, gets pulled down. Foul, yellow card on Dahlkvist.

118' 0-0 Brasil fk at 25m slightly left, bent through gap and bounces to left post. Lindahl sprawls and blocks, collects. Stays down with back/hip pain. Stoppage, trainers ...

12. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, that was their chance.

I hope Lindahl is not hurt; Sweden is about to really need her if this goes to KFTPM.

13. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    That Marta free kick there had a very nasty little spin and bounce. Lindahl was happily well-placed.

14. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    120' 0-0 Brasil creep to midfield, Sweden defending across 37m. Andressa Alves dribbles to 35m box left, misses a pass into near touch.

120' 0-0 Sweden subs in (3 of 3+1) #4 Emma Berglund for RB #15 Jessica Samuelsson. +3'.

120+1' (of +3') 0-0 Brasil chip from 30m wide right to 6m right post, Lindahl comes out and slaps it away and down. Quick shot from 12m 6-right, blocked by defender or Lindahl's hand, back to 10m 1/3 left. Cristiane(?) rushes a scissor-kick wide left, blocked at 6-top left.

120+3' (of +3') 0-0 Brasil long serve to 7m center, just too far for Cristiane to hop-flick between 2, bounces to Lindahl. Pia :mad::p

120+3' (of +3') 0-0 Andressa Alves 1-v-1 on Schough at 8m wide left ... loses ball to her, Schough pokes off her and over endline :oops:

AET 0-0. Yet more kicks!

15. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Sweden are so lucky.

16. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And on to KFTPM....

17. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Turns out Brasil isn't any better at breaking a bunker with sophisticated play.

BlueCrimson repped this.
  18. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will this referee call Barbara on moving off her line? That's my question...

EDIT: Oh, and another question: which team studied the other's pk takers the most? We're about to find out.

19. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    I actually thought USA did a better job at creating chances and Pugh and Dunn were better or just as good 1v1 as anyone on the Brazil team.

20. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Ugh. we can't do this twice.

bangs head against wall.

blissett and jocasta repped this.
  21. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marta: 1st not 5th this time...less pressure.

EDIT: Not a lot of power on that, but good placement.

22. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 | 1 _ _ _ _ | #10 Marta, left instep off Lindahl's hand, into back left low (guessed right but too high)
    1 | 1 _ _ _ _ | #8 Lotta Schelin, right instep into back right high :ninja:

1 | 1 0 _ _ _ | #11 Cristiane, left instep to 2/5 right 1/2 high, Lindahl dives and blocks
    1 | 1 0 _ _ _ | #9 Kosovare Asllani, right instep to 1/4 left low, Bárbara dives and saves

2 | 1 0 1 _ _ | #9 Andressa Alves, left instep to back right low hard (past Lindahl)
    2 | 1 0 1 _ _ | #17 Caroline Seger, right instep to 1/4 left low (off Bárbara's hand)

3 | 1 0 1 1 _ | #4 Rafaelle, left instep to back right low (past Lindahl)
    3 | 1 0 1 1 _ | #5 Nilla Fischer, right instep to 2/5 right low (Bárbara dove wrong)

23. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Save by Lindahl! If Sweden win this in KFTPM.....

24. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And save by Barbara!

25. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Keeper is staying home this time.