.S. YOUTH NATIONAL TEAMS RETURN TO ACTION WITH FALL TRAINING CAMPS FOR U-17 AND U-20 USWNT

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Klingo3034, Oct 7, 2021.

1. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't be fooled......it's in their DNA.

2. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Onyeka frickin Gamero 78' 3-0.
    Riley Jackson is an absolute stud in the midfield - very steady.
    Amalia Villareal is a tornado of Nitroglycerin.

3. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FT 3-0

Taj_Mahal_in_March.jpg

4. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Actually they played the entire match whiteout, as far as I saw, even one dirty foul, but there were a few "clumsy" ones.
    It almost seemed like they were avoiding contact more than making it. Maybe Canada knew that their dirty tactics would just result in a higher score or even a red card or two as the US players are SO much better that they would simply move out of the way when the thugs came to call.

In this match Canada was exposed for, at this time, the mediocre team they have always been.

Did you notice that Canada really have almost no real skill if their physical play is reduced? They can't dribble, they can't shoot, they can't pass and they can't play defense there is not a lot left. Even the goalkeeper they used was bad. At least 2 of the US goals were not only saveable but absolutely should have been saved. There was one that I had a 12 year old girl that played 'keeper and she would have saved at least one of the two goals I mentioned.

But it is all as I expected and we have two of the three "near certain" finalists playing for the championship, as little as the championship game means. The teams are playing for the "right" to represent CONCACAF at the U17 WWC. (I think being in the finals also qualifies for something else but I do not think it is important.)

The remaining I hope that gets accomplished is that I REALLY hope PR somehow destroys Canada. It is highly unlikely but it is a dream I have for this age group.

Canadians have a rep for being nice, sweet and always deferring to others. Well I guess this particular set of Canadian young ladies did not get the memo explaining that.
    I know PR is truly bad but it is at least, maybe, close to on a par with Canada. From what I saw today that is not a big leap at all.

I have read at least some (much) of the talk about the reasons for this format and I believe CONCACAF really screwed it up. No team that did not make at least the final 8 should even being playing in this tournament but, I guess, CONCACAF wanted some political correctness and acted to make sure all the weak remoras swimming around the sharks got to play the sharks. They did and mostly got chewed on.

There is really only one good women's soccer program in CONCACAF (The US) and 2 fitting in behind (Canada and Mexico) all the rest of CONCACF is simply bad and some are even worse than that.

Yes Canada and Mexico will, from time to time, field a team that can beat the US but, in CONCACAF, it is NEVER(well almost never) the US coming in as underdogs.
    The entire rest of CONCACAF should be rebranded as CONCACRAP as that would give a good view as to what their current women's state of women's soccer.

5. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lauren Martinho with the rifle from outside the box. 1-0 19'

6. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Although Mexico is the best team the US has faced by far I strongly expect that the final score will be 5-0 in favor of the US.
    Should the US have a couple more "walkabout" moments in the defense Mexico might get 1 or 2 but they are just not even near at the same level as the US.

My real hope for this match is no injuries. The way everything is structured this "final" is really no more than a friendly except the winner gets a trophy. Of course the loser gets one too. ;)

7. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well I was wrong about the finale score. It was 2-1 US. However my worry about defensive "walkabouts" did come true. In fact there were at least 3 and I think 4 defensive "walkabouts" that could have easily cots goals and 1 of them did.
    But that does not mean the Mexico was better in the defense. It just means that the US had a LOT more attack and they are a bit better at finishing.
    This team was pretty spoiled, as was Mexico, by the hideously horrible rest of CONCACAF. That meant that neither team was even remotely prepared for even decent token opposition. That meant that the team with the most actually skilled players was nearly certain to win, as actually happened.
    Two of the three teams from CONCACAF will be good representatives at the U17 WWC. So that is a good thing.

The U17 WWC will be fun to watch and I hate to say it but the US will have to be a LOT better than they showed in this tournament to get even into the semis. But there is time and I believe the talent on the US will prevail and they will fix most of their lack of concentration problems before they complete group play.

8. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Its hard to test your defense when there really are no tests. So, yes they will have to be better, as will the mdfielders who got used to dictating tempo.

Anyhow, congrats to them. I saw one of the players at a traffic light last night, she was very happy with what they accomplished.

9. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...ladies-cup-as-world-cup-preparations-continue

U.S. UNDER-20 WOMEN’S YOUTH NATIONAL TEAM WILL TRAVEL TO FRANCE FOR THE SUD LADIES CUP AS WORLD CUP PREPARATIONS CONTINUE
    CHICAGO (June 14, 2022) – The U.S. Under-20 Women’s Youth National Team will travel to Aubagne, France from June 16-29 to compete in the four-team Sud Ladies Cup.

The USA will face France on June 24, Mexico on June 26 and the Netherlands on June 28. Aubagne is located 12 miles east of Marseille in the south of France.

These will be the final international matches for the U.S. U-20s before head coach Tracey Kevins selects a roster for the 2022 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup to be staged from Aug. 10-28 in Costa Rica.

All four teams participating in the Sud Ladies Cup have earned berths to Costa Rica and the tournament will serve as excellent World Cup preparation while including some intriguing matches for the USA, which defeated Mexico, 2-0, in the Concacaf Women’s U-20 Championship Final on March 12. The USA will face the Netherlands in the second match of group play at the World Cup on Aug. 14 in San Jose, Costa Rica.

Eighteen of the 20 players from the roster that won the Concacaf Women’s U-20 Championship and qualified for the World Cup will travel to France. The two players from that championship team that won’t travel to the Sud Ladies Cup are winger Alyssa Thompson, who will be with the U.S. Under-23 Women’s National Team in Sweden during this June window, and defender Samar Guidry, who has an excused absence from this event.

10. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    u20.jpg

Two days away and absolutely no media outlets are listed on the USSF site. Help a brother out. An irrevocable, lifetime invitation for Thanksgiving Dinner to anyone that can provide a website, streaming service or instructions for teleportation.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  11. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    I’m also looking as well.

12. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know how to hijack one of these? ? ? ?

sat.jpg
    I'll give it back..........I promise.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    jackdoggy and Klingo3034 repped this.
  14. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Namdynamo, Klingo3034 and jackdoggy repped this.
  15. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DAMN SKIPPY
    A noted soccer expert described the match as........kicking French booty.
    Great job young ladies, keep it rolling.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Namdynamo, jackdoggy and Klingo3034 repped this.
  17. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    U20s win the tourney with a PK win over the Netherlands:

https://festival-foot-espoirs.com/ladies/detail_actualite.php?id=5247

This says it was 5-4 in penalties:

United States – Netherlands: 2-2 (5-4 pens)

South Ladies Cup - 3rd day

Lattre Stadium - Aubagne

Goals: Cooper (5'), Shaw (63') USA; Noordman (12'), Henry (32') in the Netherlands

Warnings: Shores (76') in the United States; Peddemors (82') in the Netherlands

USA: Purcell – Oke, Mason, McConnell (Flynn, 46'), Shores – Della Puerta, Moultrie (Colton, 62'), Missimo (Lageyre, 46') – Jackson (Patterson, 62'), Cooper (Sentnor , 54'), Shaw

Namdynamo, Klingo3034 and jackdoggy repped this.
  18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5-4 is the correct tally. Good practice for the U20 WC:

Klingo3034 and jackdoggy repped this.
  19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Sud Ladies' Cup Team of the Tournament:

https://festival-foot-espoirs.com/ladies/detail_actualite.php?id=5259

Mia Justus ( United States) : The Florida State gatekeeper showed confidence in her interventions but also in her kicking game with which she often helped her team to bring the ball cleanly out from the back.

Ayo Oké ( United States) : On her right side, the California Golden Bears Athletics player spared no effort and was often available offensively while performing her defensive duties.

Trinity Byars (United States) : The University of Texas striker will have been clinically effective during this Sud Ladies Cup 2022. She logically finished top scorer in the competition and will have greatly contributed to the crowning of the Americans!

Jaedyn Shaw ( United States) : One of the youngest players in the Sud Ladies Cup 2022 won her place in this eleven-type by having notably scored two goals during the competition, including a gem against the Netherlands. Only 17 years old, a bright future seems to be waiting for the young American!

Namdynamo and jackdoggy repped this.
  20. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I am pulling for Korbin Albert, a local Chicago kid to make the final squad for the U-20 World Cup. I have watched her play since she was a little U-11 and now a starter at Notre Dame. Always had good skills.

jackdoggy and Kroad repped this.
  21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ABSOLUTELY WILL BE MISSED.
    Already anticipating her Triumphant Return.

23. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...mes-roster-for-2022-fifa-u20-womens-world-cup

U.S. U-20 WYNT HEAD COACH TRACEY KEVINS NAMES 21-PLAYER ROSTER FOR 2022 FIFA UNDER-20 WOMEN’S WORLD CUP IN COSTA RICA
    USA SET TO FACE GHANA, NETHERLANDS AND JAPAN IN GROUP D AT FIRST FIFA YOUTH WOMEN’S WORLD CUP SINCE 2018; 18 PLAYERS WILL PARTICIPATE IN FIRST WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
    JULY 25 2022

Interesting information provided on the roster. And now we have two professionals on the roster.

24. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
  25. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    avvid.jpeg