S. Nakamura at Espanyol 2009/2010

Discussion in 'Japan' started by PinoyMarauder, Jul 10, 2009.

1. goldenface

goldenface New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Tokyo/Toronto
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Just to remind others, the thread is called "S. Nakamura at Espanyol 2009/2010"

:D

2. newplanet-redded

newplanet-redded Red Card

Feb 2, 2010
    you can discuss Nakamura in the above thread (Japanese Footballers Abroad Thread).
    that's why nobody has posted here for 6 months.

3. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, now you have...
    Thanks! :)

4. goldenface

goldenface New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Tokyo/Toronto
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm going to post on the Nakamura thread about Nakamura. Sorry, I'm just going to do what I want. Sorry dad.

5. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    So the Espanyol move has turned out to be a fiasco, let's say he returns to the J-League midseason... where would it be? Marinos can't afford him. Grampus has surely expended its transfer budget. Gamba? They must have cash from their lucrative sell-on trade to the Middle East. Or could Shunsuke end up, God forbid, at Reds, where Japanese stars go to die?

6. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Do Albirex have some money? They have the crowd and the ambition (??) that would do for an over-30 Shunsuke.

Another ideal spot would be at Sanfrecce, to take up Kashiwagi's place.

7. La Famiglia

La Famiglia New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Kobe
    Club:
    Vissel Kobe
    We'll take him!
    Vissel have slashed the wage bill and not spent much during the off season. Still, if there were funds available, I guess we would have used them by now.
    I think he and Okubo would link up brilliantly..

8. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    One of the candidates for the transfer (loan? The article I read said that it would only be for a few months similar to what Beckham is doing) is Tokyo, but our supporters are nearly united in their opposition.

9. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Shunsuke's situation has become quite pathetic:

http://soccer.yahoo.co.jp/world/news/show/20100212-00000019-ykf-spo

Some board member at Espanyol is quoted that Shunsuke is a good footballer but not even trying to learn Spanish... and he would not be sold now due to the club's tour to Japan in the summer, but he is available for loan - for 250 mio. Yen = ca. 2.5 US$ (including his wage bill). Further it turned out that his agents already have talked to a few J-clubs to evaluate possibilities: Reds (don't want him), Grampus (issues because of Shunsuke's commitment to Subaru), FC Tokyo (too expensive), Marinos (too expensive & probably not liking the Subaru-thingy).

Now... with the Spain-move turning out really disastrous it sounds to me like Shunsuke could also be deciding Okada's fate. I am starting to think that Shunsuke in his current "form" should not even be included in our WC squad...

10. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'd like to see how he plays for japan before deciding to drop him or not. He does a completely different role for japan than he was supposed to for espanyol. Also he can't speak to the other players. This wasn't an issue as much at celtic cause strachan loved him and trusted him and based the entire side around what he does pretty much.

He should've gone to middlesbrough when he had the chance. The similar freedom he would've got there on the pitch and his contrasting style to the british game would've been good for him to remember that passing teams are still widely in the minority and passing movements do baffle a lot of sides. To be completely honest there are very few teams in the world cup who are real 'passers'.

11. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Omiya is linked pretty closely to Subaru.....can't wait for us to put up a stupid bid for him only to be rejected.......again.

12. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So Reds, Grampus, Tokyo and Marinos are all out of the running? The only other team I've seen linked is Gamba. I'm not sure if I'd be happy with Gamba spending all that money on a player that we'd have for at most 18 matches. It's not like Gamba are desperate for midfielders.

13. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  15. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Truth is, none of the top-Japanese team need him. Overall, there is abundance of good midfielder in Japan. Honestly, even as a Sanga fan, I'd kill for a good striker or for some tough side-backs, but an aging midfielder kinda prone to injury and at a stellar price... I can live without...

I can only think of a team that needs a publicity stunt and wants to bring in a big name, but in the end the only "logical" place for him to go are either back to Marinos (if financially feasible).

I still think he'll do great at Sanfrecce. Maybe at Jubilo.

Besides that it would be a move dictated by reciprocal economic interest to a second-tier club, such as Ardija, Cerezo or Vissel. At Sanga he would be well accepted by fans and media, but in that category we already have Yanagisawa.

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So it's likely to be Japan?

17. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, transfer period is over for Europe & he wants to keep his chances for WC - that should mean he is targeting Japan.

18. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  19. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  20. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    And to think, FCT put the season opener (vs. Marinos) in Category 2, which means tickets are 500-1000y cheaper than Category 1.

We got 40k vs. Urawa after the Nabisco Cup last year and even if this game sells out (50k) the team still won't make as much money as it would for the Urawa game.

In a way that kinda sucks but then again we'll probably get 40k+ at Ajinomoto to see Shunsuke's "comeback", probably 15k more than would have shown up normally.

21. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hm... He kinda did last summer, didn't he?
    They had printed uniforms already, allegedly...

22. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes, but I would say that Marinos are to blame for what happened back then... It was not only the uniform-thing, if I recall right their president tried to renegotiate after already agreeing terms. Which is a good enough reason to look for another employer if you ask me...

23. gandychan

gandychan Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    For some strange reason, Espanyol played Shunsuke as a sub in the 87th minute. Didn't see him play, but why would they start playing him if he's about to leave?

They also lost 2-1.

24. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Dunno... From what I read negotiations are proceeding between Shunsuke's agent and Marinos. If you consider the "traumatic events" of last summer, one would assume that Marinos-side would do everything it takes to keep things confidential until they have his signature.

On the other hand, I don't know about Espanyol's injury list, but for sure Shunsuke himself was injured the past weekends. So maybe it's just business as usual, he gets some minutes here and there.

25. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    His stock is so devalued that they risk little in the event he is injured; he's just not worth much cash.
    But if he plays a little and maybe has an uptick in form, they could squeeze a higher price out, perhaps.
    I can definitely understand the logic.