S.C. Braga x Sporting Clube de Portugal - Liga Sagres 17 Jornada Jan. 29, 2010

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by ---Z---, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    You would think that :rolleyes:

He's good, pretty good actually, but you're total disregard for players like Saviola, Falcao, Aimar, Di Maria, Liedson, Moutinho, etc. simpy shows that is a very biased thought. If he was truly the best player of our league, he wouldn't be at Braga, no offense, and he would have at least 1 CAP for Brazil by now.

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    :rolleyes:

Make a case for the others if you like but please leave the over rated out of the discussion.

I like that Alan's performances mean nothing and it is all about being called up to Brazil or being on a richer team. The true mark of a good player isn't his game it is his pay cheque and hype.

I guess it would also be "Biased" to say Braga is playing the best in Portugal since you know, most of our players aren't on their national teams and of course we are no where near as rich. And we aren't scoring as many goals as Benfica. Except in one game where we put 2 in their net and their goleadas amounted to nothing when they faced our defense.

So as I said "FOR ME" Alan is the best player in the League. Braga wouldn't be on top of the table if not for a big contribution by him.

3. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Alright, as usual your inferiority complex acts up and you go on to talk about Benfica when they weren't even in the conversation, that's cool.
    And great, you have an opinion, but it's a foolish one so don't think you're barred from criticism and ridicule just because it's your "opinion".

4. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Javi Garcia...best player in the league. I said it. :D

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Oh really?
    My opinion is my opinion. Based on the season, it is a fair one. Your inferiority complex is what drives you to every single one of my posts no matter where I make it.

You think Moutinho, and Liedson are having better seasons? Great opinion for you to have. Sporting sure are in fine form thanks to their stellar performances week in and week out.

Falcao is a striker other then being clinical when needed the majority of the game does not revolve around him like it does Alan for Braga.

Benfica have the best attacking unit in Portugal. It is a combined effort put any one of those players in Nacional or Leiria do you think they would have the same influence? Maybe be stand out players but the team itself isn't going to be burning down any houses.

Alan came in and took a deflated Braga and made it a capable offense. Without any credible strikers mind you since Meyong has turned into a statue after his injury, Matheus has two left feet and Paulo Cesar is at best a sub striker.

Aimar and Javi are the only ones worth mentioning besides Alan when it comes to this season. Of the 3, I'll stick with Alan.

6. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wow...way off topic...thread closed....