Ryu Seung-woo @ DSC Arminia Bielefeld 2015/16 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Gayageum, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Isn't that somewhat inaccurate?

IIRC, he can join the Police squad directly. But he needs to sign with a K-League club in order to join Sangmu...

3. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Actually he doesn't have to come back until January 2019. Then, he has to play a season in the K-League while applying to play for Sangju Sangmu FC or Ansan Police FC. Then he should start his service for either club from January 2020.
    Basically in 2014, a huge issue was raised about the legality of military police sports clubs. This was in truth fuelled by parties like Sangju Sangmu incensed by the fact that the age limit was higher for Ansan Police FC, while the players for Ansan enjoyed a far more comfortable military service, which made them much more popular.

Long story short, Ansan Police FC was told that it would be shut down unless its entry conditions were made the same as Sangju Sangmu FC's.

4. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    My goodness... What an absurd and petty fight... This is like a battle of midgets to determine who's the giant.

Brings to attention olijolly's comment.

olijolly and zdrstvte repped this.
  5. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  6. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

should move this thread to 'Abroad' thread

7. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    No. Not unless he gets loaned out.

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Last I checked, he's still on a CL top tier team. I think he'll get loaned out but until then...

9. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    guess we can wait but in your op does he have a chance making it in this club as a regular?

10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    not this season but half these threads over past several years have been about bench guys.

nmssis repped this.
  11. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    :D
    true

12. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And, I'm sure most Leverkusen fans won't forget these moments that Son Heung-Min has left behind for them and the club. Absolutely memorable indeed.

[​IMG]

JJV1994, Ceezy, datschge and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    JJV1994 repped this.
  14. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Robbie Kruse is expected to join Stuttgart. It sounds like Ryu will stay with Leverkusen.

15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    needs playing time!

16. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    more playing time or no olmypics

nmssis repped this.
  17. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    What are people's opinion of RSW staying in Leverkusen? I don't think he'll be getting any playing time...

18. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    He'll definitely get loaned out.
    There's no place for him at Bayer...

19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Ya but the transfer window is closed so if he were to be loaned out, it'll be in winter.

20. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Windows closed in germany so it would have to be to some out of the country option unless the paperwork is taking time.

21. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    If he continues to improve and compete, he'll play. It was interesting to see them send Robbie Kruse out and keep RSW.

22. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't think its about Ryu over Kruse rather than lack of any demand for RSW who was either injured or on bench lots last season even in BL2. I'm imagining that they'll try to find a place for him to be showcased (e.g. cup or friendly) and hope he goes out on loan for regular minutes in january.

23. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I don't know if it was lack of interest for Ryu. They could have sent him to Buli 2 imo.

Kruse on the other hand was expected to leave Leverkusen throughout this whole summer. His late or recent appearance might have been more to generate interest to get rid of him (and to show he is healthy to interested clubs).

24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I was actually surprised to not see Kruse go out earlier but not convinced that RSW has an immediate future at Leverkusen. And maybe a deal has already happened but the announcement will happen in AM.

25. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Me too. I'm sure clubs were skeptical of his health. Multiple articles (including from kicker) stated Kruse didn't have future in Leverkusen. As for RSW, I agree.. I don't think Kruse's exit means much .. at least I don't think it is atm.