Ryu Seung-woo @ DSC Arminia Bielefeld 2015/16 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Gayageum, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    They should still be able to get out of their group, Roma might be an obstacle.

2. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Although I thought it was a mistake from HMB to not include SHM, it was justified at the time. And HMB was the one who led us to the bronze, so we should be extremely thankful for all the hard work he put in for 3 years to guide that squad to that level.

3. kennypowers

kennypowers Member

Nov 3, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You put guys like SHM on the roster in any tournament with a chance of exemption. That just my selfish long term outlook opinion.

4. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Son's departure should be confirmed soon; Bayer Leverkusen is already trying to sign Kampl from Borussia Dortmund for 11M euros. Also, I hope the Lamela to Inter deal doesn't fall through though whether he leaves or not Son should be ahead in the pecking order for the time being.

I wonder if Spurs would still chase aftrr Berahino after signing Son.

5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Why does Spurs need Berahino when they have Kane?

6. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Because Pochettino wants to play 4-4-2 and he made this clear last week in explaining why he needed to sign Berahino.

killaorca repped this.
  7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lets not forget Son was a lot more promise than product at the time.

batumchange2 repped this.
  8. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Given that he established himself at a Bundesliga club, I think he still deserved the place more than someone like Kim Kee-Hee.

Kanuck repped this.
  9. kennypowers

kennypowers Member

Nov 3, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Looks like Berahino isn't coming anyway.

10. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    berahino fits the need for a backup striker/kane's forward partner as well as the hole out wide but after SHM, i don't think they will pay the high fee. they really need wanyama and maybe a charlie austin.

killaorca repped this.
  11. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sons of Thunder repped this.
  12. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I agree. After Son's transfer, given that West Brom wants 25M for Berahino, I highly doubt the Spurs would match the valuation. Also, WBA has said he will not be sold unless a replacement can be found. Maybe the spurs would sweeten the deal with Adebayor going the other way.

Also, now I think about it, I wonder why Bayer is trying to sign Kampl. They already have replacements in Brandt and Mehmedi, and backups in Ryu and Kruse.

13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Aranguiz is injured. Also, Kampl excelled with Schmidt at Red Bull Salzburg.

zdrstvte repped this.
  14. Swansea

Swansea Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Kane is Spurs only option up front - Pocchetino doesn't want to play 4-4-2, he's played all of pre season with a 4-2-3-1 and has continued with that. They'll sign another natural striker, Berahino has put in a transfer request and it should eventually go through even if it is on deadline day. If it doesn't, then they'll have to get someone else in even if it is a bit of a panic buy. You can't go the whole season with just Kane, and then a few potential false 9's when you've got as much expectation as Spurs have. Spurs do have the sort of money to spend big on Berahino and SMH, they've made a big net profit so far this transfer window and have got plenty of money to spend with the television rights the way they are in the UK.

15. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    He's been playing 4-2-3-1 because he had to until now. He's apparently said that he wanted to try out 4-4-2 formation last week when asked about Berahino.

16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I don't think SHM will fit in 442 formation...

17. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kampl to Bayer is basically done.

18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Playing off the lead striker should suit Son fine given thats what he usually does at Leverkusen anyway

19. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    It depends how they use the 4-4-2.

20. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You know Schmidt played a 4-4-2 variant all last season right

21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    ah ok ok, so he'll be fine

22. Swansea

Swansea Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Well if Poch seriously wanted to use that formation, then Levy's let him right down. He can't realistically look to be playing 4-4-2 with any sort of regularity if he's in all likelihood only going to have two strikers, as he won't be able to do any sort of rotation up front.

If he does want to do that, then serious questions have to be asked as to why Spurs have already played 3 games (and dropped 7 points) without having enough strikers for Poch to play his preferred formation. Against Stoke, Kane got injured and they had to play the last 20 minutes with a 4-6-0, Stoke piled on the pressure and got an equaliser as a result.

23. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  24. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Exactly. But is it that surprising given that it's Daniel Levy we're talking about? He's no Huw Jenkins when it comes to signings, and to be harsh he's exactly the opposite. Just look at how he deals with managers as well. The messy dealings with Redknapp, followed by premature sacking of Villas-Boas, and yet again followed by mind-boggling sacking of Sherwood.

In any case, this is why I thought Berahino would/should have been a top priority for the spurs. They have signed N'Jie, but they need at least one more striker, maybe two.

25. LeVin

LeVin Member+

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC