Ryan Suarez signs with Victory

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by deedougie, May 17, 2007.

1. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Vics press release:

http://www.californiavictorysoccer.com/home/183787.html

I can't see this doing anything but helping out the Vics!

I know there was talk with Suarez joining the team last year and I'm glad to see that its happened. He's definately has the talent to be one of the best defenders in the USL. I know he can be a hot head but he will definately solidify the back line.

The one thing that was certain from the Rhinos game was that the Vics needed some help in the back. The Calvary has arrived!

2. SL Benfiquista

Feb 11, 2006
    San Leandro, CA
    No doubt a good signing. They initially couldn't agree to terms, but it looks like the Vics saw a big need to shore up the defense and agreed to pony up the dollars.

3. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Earlier this year, Suarez was training with the Seals. The Victory is a suited fit for him. With a lot of injuries and not much depth to cover given his resume he has to make this team much better. Put him, and let Munoz return and these guys could gel--if not overnight then at least as the season progresses.

Plus, Suarez really wants to stay in this area, though really he should be playing in the bigs. We'll take him any day!

4. sullyofthesunset

San Francisco Glens
    Jun 7, 2006
    San Francisco
    Amen to that. This is a win-win situation. Saurez stays close to home and the Victory get a solid pro defender that they desperately need. I bet Reed and Jusavek(sp) are feeling much better about things right now, I know I am.
    Go Victory!! and oh yeah... Go Seals!! Seals on Sunday!! four bucks off a ticket if you have a Victory stub. It's a few blocks more of a walk from the Kezar Pub but hey it's damned close. USL soccer in San Francisco. Pro and PDL, God is good!! Support your local clubs.

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of ppl gave Suarez crap when he was with LA and Chivas, but I think he is a quality defender.

He will improve the Vic backline, no doubt.

6. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    I agree that it can only help... And boy did I love to hate him when he played against the Quakes...

7. sullyofthesunset

San Francisco Glens
    Jun 7, 2006
    San Francisco
    Where is this guy? Mulder to Scully we have an X-File. What happened?
    :cool:

8. yeroc25

yeroc25 New Member

May 25, 2007
    SF
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now all we need is a decent striker or two:eek:

9. yeroc25

yeroc25 New Member

May 25, 2007
    SF
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently he's been playing since May. He must be wicked fast cause I never see him:D

10. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He got hurt early on and hasn't played since.

11. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    I sincerely hope that he's been ready to play for a while now, but the coach saved him for TONIGHT's game!

12. Jesuzinho

Jesuzinho New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Ryan Suarez should be called up to play with the U.S. National Team. He is a great player with experience and speed at the back. Coach Bradley needs to call him, he has a player with lots of talent.

Ryan Suarez is a great fit for Donovan for the new era of play of the U.S. soccer Bruce Arena sucks! he only called him up to play once and that game was just because it was in San Jose, CA home of San Jose State University where he played and won national honors.

LET'S RALLY FOR RYAN SUAREZ

13. Aljarov

Aljarov Member

Sep 14, 2004
    fmnorthamerica.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Are YOU Ryan Suarez? I can't believe anyone else would think this MLS-washout could be an international level player?!