Ryan Junge interview

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Big Strong Patrick, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Big Strong Patrick

Big Strong Patrick That's so Gaven

Dec 9, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did an interview with Ryan Junge a few weeks ago via Myspace, if anyone has additional questions I think he will answer them.

1. How long is your travel time to Obetz and the stadium and what do you think do you of a future practice facility further from the city? ITS ABOUT A 20-25 MINUTE DRIVE TO OBETZ FROM WHERE I LIVE..BUT THE STADIUM IS A LOT CLOSER SO ITS ONLY ABOUT 10 MINS, DEPENDING ON TRAFFIC THAT IS

2. What is your favorite international club team/player and why? HONESTLY, I DON'T REALLY HAVE A FAVORITE, I JUST ENJOY WATCHING THOSE CLUBS AND PLAYERS BALL IT UP DAY IN AND DAY OUT. I GUESS I COULD GO WITH TORRES OR C.RONALDO

3. In the past, did you ever have a favorite MLS team & player? I LIKED WATCHING BRIAN MCBRIDE, THAT WAS BACK WHEN I ACTUALLY PLAYED FORWARD SO I WANTED TO BE LIKE HIM AND HE HAS FAMILY IN NEBRASKA SO THATS COOL TO

4. Did the existence of MLS inspire your soccer career? I WANTED A PROFESSIONAL SOCCER CAREER SINCE I WAS LITTLE SO THE MLS IS A GREAT WAY TO LIVE OUT THE DREAM I HAD WHEN I WAS A KID.

5. What is your timetable like on a roadtrip, how much $ are you given for food? ROADTRIPS HAVE A LOT OF DOWN TIME WHICH IS ALWAYS NICE. USUALLY THERE IS ALWAYS A MOVIE ON USA OR TBS OR SOMETHING SO I TUNE INTO THAT, EXCEPT ALL THE DAMN COMMERCIALS THEY HAVE THAT GO ALONG WITH SHOWING THOSE MOVIES!

6. Are you given a laptop computer to watch game film, and can you watch all MLS games? I HAVE MY OWN LAPTOP, BUT MY O KEY IS BROKEN, SO THEIR MAY NOT BE AN O OR TWO IN SOME OF THE SENTENCES I WRITE

7. Does the team still have a sports psychologist and a nutritionist, do you have full access to all medical needs? WE HAVE FULL ACCESS TO MEDICAL NEEDS, I'M NOT REALLY INTO THE NUTRITION PART REALLY, I MEAN I EAT MCDONALDS 4 TO 5 TIMES A WEEK HAHA, BUT I DO TAKE CARE OF MY BODY FOR THE MOST PART

8. Do sales reps for athletic companies give pitches to get you to use their product? I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED THAT

9. Do you know any people in the USL or MLS that you have played with as an amateur? PETERSON AND I WENT TO COLLEGE TOGETHER AS WELL AS ONE OF OUR BUDDIES THAT PLAYS FOR THE WIZARDS. ANOTHER ONE OF OUR TEAMMATES PLAYS FOR THE MINNESOTA THUNDER.

10. Do you supplement your Crew income with soccer clinics or a second job? I TRY TO DO WHATEVER I CAN REALLY TO KEEP BUSY WITH CREW JR's OR CAMPS

11. Do you think it is hardest for a defender to prove he is an indispensable part of the line-up? DEFINATELY! ALL OF OUR POSITIONS ARE THAT WAY THOUGH REALLY. AND RIGHT NOW WE HAVE A GOOD LINEUP OF GUYS SO WHY FIX IT IF ITS NOT BROKEN YA KNOW

12. What happens during an away game if your are not on the traveling roster? PRACTICE AKA FITNESS!!

13. The first thing I think about when I hear the # 27 is that it was the cable channel for MTV when it first started, your jersey number seems like (at least at first) it was given to you, do you have a mental association with it? I GREW UP WITH PUTTING ON THE #3 FOR GAMES, BUT HONESTLY, I'VE NEVER REALLY THOUGHT THAT MUCH ABOUT THE NUMBER ON MY BACK.

14. Each Crew player has a hand gesture to signal when they are being called to sub into a game, what is yours? WELL RIGHT NOW IT WOULD PROBABLY BE SOMETHING WITH MY SHAVED HEAD AND FACIAL HAIR..THAT OR SOMETHING ABOUT EATING SINCE I TEND TO DO THAT A LOT

15. Do you stay in Ohio year-round to maintain a lease or job? IN THE OFFSEASON I HEAD BACK HOME TO OMAHA. IT'S NICE HERE BUT IT'S ALSO NICE TO GET AWAY AND GET BACK TO THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS I HAVE BACK HOME

16. Do you think Columbus has enough of a nightlife to satisfy a prospective "jet set" international soccer player?
    WELL IT HAS ENOUGH OF A NIGHTLIFE FOR ME SO I WOULD ASSUME IT WOULD BE THE SAME FOR AN INTERNATIONAL PLAYER.

17. Does the Crew introduce you to the other pro athletes in the city? NOPE, AND THEY SHOULD BECAUSE I WANNA CHECK OUT AN ARENA FOOTBALL GAME

18. Did you attend the MLS combine, if so what can you share about the experience? NOPE, I WAS DOING SCHOOL

19. What is your game day ritual and what kind of food do they have to eat at the stadium vs on the road? I SLEEP A LOT ON GAME DAYS, BUT AS FOR A RITUAL, I DON'T REALLY DO ONE. WE ARE ON OUR OWN FOR FOOD IF ITS A HOME GAME, BUT AWAY GAMES THEY GIVE US PASTA AND CHICKEN USUALLY

20. Do you ever trade jerseys? I TRADED LAST YEAR WITH THE TEAM FROM HONDURAS WAS IT?

21. Do you follow soccer closely, checking on-line and watching hours of international games or not so much? NOPE, AND I PROBABLY SHOULD

22. Aside from physical fitness do you do all of the soccer stuff you need to do at practice or do you also work on skills later? SOCCER STUFF IS ALL DONE AT PRACTICE, BUT I USUALLY LIFT WEIGHTS EVERYDAY ON MY OWN, JUST TO KEEP BUSY AND IT HELPS EASE ANY STRESS THATS BEEN BUILT UP FROM PRACTICES AND OR GAMES

23. How many tickets can you get for a home or away game? HOME GAMES WE GET 5 BUT THERE ARE GUYS WHO DON'T USE THEM ALL SO THEY GIVE THEM TO OTHERS WHO HAVE FAMILY IN TOWN OR FRIENDS. AWAY GAMES USUALLY THEY ASK HOW MANY WE NEED.

2. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good stuff. I tried to do this with a few players and they never replied. :(

I'm a little low on content so maybe I'll throw the link up to this interview on Crewture today. I hope Junge gets a chance at left back, looked good in the Open Cup.

3. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus

Call them out then Troy:

4. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    Is that just Troy as in Cowboy Troy or is it acceptable to yell out "TEE-ROY!"?

PS. Why does Ryan have to yell so much?

5. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Troy is an inside joke in the NCR threads. Some psycho freak who will probably come to PA and shoot me is pretending to be me on myspace. All the same pictures except his name is Troy from Washington, D.C.

The sad part is that he gets more comments from hot girls then I ever do. My parents should have named me Troy.

Anyways, I sent a bunch of messages to myspace and they are ignoring me. I had to do these ridicoulous picture salutes and they say they can't verify it is me. Whatever, no big deal, someone is just trying to pick up girls with my pictures in Washington, D.C. Ehh, no problem. :eek:

6. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    Post one of those picture salutes on here. I can't quite figure out what yr on about.

7. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know Andy Gruenbaum, Brad Evans, and Robbie Rodgers have a facebook, Identity is usually solid on there and if ya let them know its for your blog they might be more willing. My guess though is that they pry arent allowed to do "interviews" with out FO permission.

but they're always great for the sites credibility when ya bust one out.

8. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crewfighter, you need to post a pic on here because I've lost confidence whether it's Ryan posting or Troy.

Can you post a pic of yourself wearing a purple shirt holding a sign saying "NOT TROY" and winking with your left eyebrow raised?

I think that would go a long way to restoring my confidence in you.

9. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    A professional soccer player and all he has is a laptop that has a broken letter O. Would be funny if it weren't so sad that in and of itself says a lot about MLS pay levels.

10. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    I'm pretty sure it's Ryan.

But then again...

Just to be sure make sure you've got a baby's bonnet on too.

11. junior21

junior21 New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nice work

12. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    I think he needs to post a picture with one of the hot chicks. If he can't do so, then he's probably Ryan.

13. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    Either one's fine. If he doesn't hurry up though we'll all die waiting.

Get on your horse, Troyan!