Rutgers University Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by BrandiC63, Sep 1, 2002.

1. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yea knights!!!!!

Rutgers Rallies to Defeat Miami in Double OT, 6-5
    http://www.scarletknights.com/soccer-women/news/gamepr.asp?prID=129

Scoring Summary:
    UM - Brittany Butcher 20'
    UM - Butcher (Vonda Matthews, Lindsay Yach) 43'
    RU - Carli Lloyd 46'
    RU - Adrienne Dugandzic(Lloyd) 50'
    UM - Mary luke 61'
    UM - Matthews 67'
    UM - Matthews 71'
    RU - Lloyd (Dugandzic) 76'
    RU - Danae Risoli(Dugandzic, Ashley Shaban) 78'
    RU - Shaban(Dugandzic, Risoli) 82'
    RU - Shaban(Risoli) 111'

2. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    That is awesome. When will they be playing Princeton now? It was supposed to be on tonight on my TV.

3. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    RU already played Princeton already and lost 1-0. I dont think I posted that info. Oops!

I dont know where to find the TV schedule but all the games are on delay and I think they are on CN8. If you can help, let me know..thanks.

4. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    I know. I thought they played twce. I thought they were supposed to show it today and tomorrow on Cn8. O, well.

5. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
  6. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    Come on Rutgers! Beat West Virginia! They should be in the final tournament anyway. After all they have a Hermann nominee in Carli Lloyd.

7. JTietjen_Fan

JTietjen_Fan BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 8, 2002
    Atlanta
    Rutgers ousted in semifinals

STORRS, Conn. -- Rachel Kruze's goal in the 79th minute helped West Virginia post a 3-2 come-from-behind victory over Rutgers last night in the Big East women's soccer semifinals.

The Mountaineers, making their second straight Big East title appearance, got on the board first at 15:34, when Chrissie Abbott converted a penalty kick for her conference-leading 19th goal of the year.

Rutgers standout Carli Lloyd answered three minutes later when she got a shot past West Virginia goalkeeper Laura Finley to tie the score 1-1. Ashley Shaben assisted on the goal. Early in the second half, Rutgers (10-8-2) took the lead when Lloyd found the back of the net again for her 12th goal of the season.

West Virginia answered when Marisa Kanela scored her third goal of the season off an assist from Abbott.

Finley made four saves in 90 minutes of action while Rutgers goalkeeper Christine Caldwell was credited with five saves in 90 minutes. West Virginia (17-1-1) held a 17-8 advantage in shots.

The Mountaineers take on Connecticut in the final tomorrow at noon.
    ---
    Published in the Home News Tribune

8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow...

http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/college/rutgers2.php?article_id=43392

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. - The Rutgers women overcame missing their first two penalty kicks in the shootout and rallied to stun top-rated Virginia, 7-6, in the tie-breaker at Klockner Stadium to earn the program's first Final Four appearance in the NCAA Division I tournament Friday.

9. jackiesdad

jackiesdad Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Wow. Talk about bringing a thread back from the dead. You are the Dr. Frankenstein of BigSoccer posters. The last post on this thread before today was 5.5 years before I even joined this board. Nice job!

10. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

I loved the tournament that year.

11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really enjoy revivals...by the way, I've just been informed that my referee buddy Lance has been named as the referee for the D1 final match in Cary...though I have not seen this yet in print...lol