Russian section of NYC?

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by cmblfc, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    Re: Russian Nat Team (U-17, U-21, Main)

I won't even bother arguing with you over how Islam has a single common language rather than the Judaic split between Yiddish and Hebrew, how we are all from the same alien testtube or somesuch according to them Scientologists, or how absolutely any religion entails a unique culture. All future queries on the matter will be referred to my post regarding the Arabic Jew, the Russian Jew, and the Ethiopian Jew + what I think of their "common ancestral roots".

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

Hey, I'm Jewish too, and love Ukrainian football. Maybe there is something wrong with me?

3. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

The term "Jew" actually has two distinctly different meanings.

1 - An adherence to Judaism
    2 - Belonging to a particular ethnicity, which is part of Semitic family of peoples

Perhaps, it would be easier for you to consider the following: the word "evrei" in Russian language (congnizant of "Hebrew") refers to the latter, while the word "Iudei" refers to the former. Unfortunately, English possesses only one word ("Jew") to cover both terms.

So, you're both right and wrong at the same time.

4. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

Here's hwat ikh learned:

Dimon came full circle to prove dat he's a Loshara fin Novocherkago, by saying dat he did not say hwat he said, while saying it all along.

Slitty is truly a Russian - a new Russian dat is - he wants Western wealth unt Slavic pussi - git luck in his pursuits.

G74 - he be chillin mit DK unt Panteryi fin Florida - he needs a Hortytsya pipeline

(O & Y)19 will have kindele itchues - best'o'luck to dem

FM kin move to Yibonix 305

Z paid $2.25 per volume of Saltykov Shchedrin - hope he got a kiss mit his poichase.

The whole thread fin Loden's tukhis Slavyane comment should be dumped into rivalries

5. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just shit myself re-reading a comment over 2 years old...

6. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia

Would the aforementioned Arabic Jew, Russian Jew, and Ethiopian Jew all be defined as Jews under the second definition despite the vast differences in culture and ancestry? How about the Tatar who happened to stumble into a synagogue, see the light, and take on Judaism?

Not so much against ethnic mixing or intent on preserving some sort of non-existant Slavic purity - just want the kids to grow-up Russian. Also, as I am not doing as well as FM, you will once again humbly insist on an explanation of meshuggah. Is there another similar word you've often used in the past or am I experiencing Dima's "creativity" flowing through my bloodstream?

7. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

Slitty you're splitting Jews up in all these different categories, why? 90% of the world's Jewish population is Ashekanazi, commnly known as " European Jews". They make up 90% of the world's Jewish population. Around 8% are Sephardic Jews, with the remaining being Beta Israel ( Ethiopian Jews), Uzbeksitani Jews, etc.

8. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

Meshuggah - the adjective dat describes Loshara's behaviour.

9. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

Yivreyskiy s-potz-alist, Blya

10. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Use a birch branch to wipe jorsel', Dimon will tell ya - tis the Ethnic Rasseyan Kievan thing ta do.

11. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    I hate to ruin it for the long gone Shurik, but he has misinformed you all! During a recent visit to a local liquor store, I had a very nice chat about this very beer with a good-humoured Turkish fellow of Italian descent who spent most of his life somewhere in Russia. He had set up a promotional booth and was out giving out free samples; all the while consuming two himself for every single one that a prospective customer tried. Only after our conversation transitioned from his heavily accented English to his much more articulate Russian did I find out that the Turkish brand of Efes Pilsener which I was sipping on was actually one and the same with its Russian equivalent of Staryi Melnik. Sorry Shurik, but Staryi Melni is no different from the Czech and German "imports" - its Turkish beer brewed in Kaluga, only with a Russian label slapped onto it. Fabulous town that Kaluga.

12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    all right, so what are we to do with this thread? Shall we continue our "Russian Identity" topic here?

13. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Actually, the difference between the "Ethnic Jew" and "religious Jew" is far grander than you can imagine. Ultimately, you put a frenchman on the islands of Polynesia and see what becomes of his grandkids.

The "ethnic Jew" will have an 85% chance of having the "Jewish gene" on his/her Y-chromosome. Have you heard of that? Ultimately, different Jewish groups have something in common and something differing in their cultures. But they will hold a greater part of their ethnic history in common. I should know. I am an Ashkenazi Jew (usually meant for an EE Jew) and I am married to a Sephardic Jew (in CCCP that meant the Central Asian or Bukharan Jews). We have more in common than different, even though, on the surface, diufferences are obvious.