News: Russian Premier League 22-23 (R)

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Nacional Tijuana, Jul 28, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lol didn't expect to see this here haha respect

We were just talking about Torpedo this weekend or last weekend with our Russian speaking soccer crew in Indy (mostly Ukrainians). Cool they're back, didn't realize they had fallen out again. Used to follow RPL closely until the war in 2014, started to kinda glance at the table in the last few years but nothing serious

Really poor performance by Russian clubs in Europe besides 1 season in 2019 I think it was. Incredibly low given the resources available. There's some young kid from Crimea playing for Loko or Spartak I think, been keeping an eye on him for last year or so. This war will really plummet footy in Russia, terrible they were robbed of a chance from World Cup and now not allowed in UEFA comps. Spartak were absolutely robbed @ Betis too or else would've made the sweet 16 of Europa

3. Nacional Tijuana

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nine rounds complete and Zenit is on top, on 23 pts, 3 clear of CSKA. The aforementioned Torpedo has still not won, and is last.

In system news, The RPL relegates to what is now the First League (formerly Football National League), which in turn feeds down to the Second League (formerly FNL 2).

4. Nacional Tijuana

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a question for anybody in the know on this, but Torpedo is listed as playing at Luzhniki, like they did in their last stint in the RPL. However, this section of the current season wiki (scroll down the tiniest bit) has their venue "set to change". I had thought they moved in to Luzhniki just this season and were playing at Streltsov during their second-tier spell. Are they moving back into Streltsov? Or is the note saying that they haven't yet moved back into Luzhniki?

I've never been to Russia, but have long been fond of Luzhniki from afar.

5. GalaxyBowl

GalaxyBowl Member

LA Galaxy
    Aug 21, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the new Football Manager video game, Russia and the Russian Premier League are indefinitively banned from all continental and international competition. I've simulated to 2030 and they still haven't participated in anything. I wonder if UEFA and FIFA are going to be want to continue barring Russia from the sport until after this war ends whenever it does.

6. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The logic behind keeping Russia banned from competition but not Israel is just twisted.