Russian NT thread

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by FootyFan365, Aug 10, 2011.

1. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Given that I'm Ukrainian and we all are raging Russian fans as Dima likes to point out its only right I start this thread.

Why the hell did Arshavin and Kerzhakov get subbed in the 31st and 27th min today??

2. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Picked up knocks but they didn't look too serious. First ha;f was one of the worst displays I've ever seen from Russia but we looked better in the second. Zyryanov was literally invisible, Glushakov useless as well. Pogrebnyak was all over the place though, good game from him lol.

3. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Disgraceful stuff from the Russian fans btw, booing and throwing shit at Zhirkov.

4. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why, because they hate Muslim southerners?

5. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Haha, southerners.

6. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Россия-2 — Россия (мол) 2:1

Голы: Игнатьев, 16; Ионов, 81 - Яковлев, 39

Россия-2: Шунин (Джанаев, 46), Агаларов (Бендзь, 46), Гаджибеков (Набабкин, 46), Тагирбеков (Таранов, 46), Макеев (Гетигежев, 46), Ионов, Сапета, Баляйкин (Файзулин, 46), Игнатьев (Концедалов, 46), Голышев (Максимов, 46), Дзюба (Давыдов, 46)

Россия (мол): Заболотный, Цаллагов, Кириллов, Чичерин, Бурлак, Зотов (Кулеша, 90), Оздоев (Кутепов, 89), Гатагов (Емельянов, 65), Кокорин, Яковлев (Петров, 57), Канунников

7. DynamVostok

DynamVostok Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Moscow,Russia
    Club:
    Dinamo Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Maybe get some discussion happening about Russia's 2014 squad too. Who do you guys see taking over some of the old guard. Even have the potential for 2018(Too far away I know but a considerable amount of players in my list will be at the peak of their careers in 2018)

Here is a list I assembled not long ago of players who are in a preferable age group(25 and Under) and have at times shown to have some sort of potential. In brackets is current age followed by appearances in the RPL. Ofcourse the majority are not superstars but I do think they are not bad and have some potential. Even the whale Prudnikov has now scored in back to back games for Anzhi which is good to see.

Name(Age)-(RPL APPEARANCES)

Goal Keepers
    Igor Akinfeev(25) -211
    Anton Shunin(24) -66

Defenders
    Taras Burlak(21) -20
    Yevgeni Makeev(22) -53
    Kirill Nababkin(24) -92
    Viktor Vasin(22) -25
    Sergei Parshivlyuk(22) -68
    Georgi Schennikov(20) -56
    Ali Gadzhibekov(21) -33

Midfielders
    Alan Gatagov(20) -48
    Pavel Yakovlev(20) -42
    Alan Dzagoev(21) -85
    Denis Cheryshev(21) |REAL MADRID B|
    Ionov(22) -43
    Pavel Mamayev(22) -89
    Aleksandr Sapeta(22) -56
    Aleksandr Kolomeytsev(22) -35
    Yevgeni Balyaikin(23) -60
    Aleksandr Ryazantsev(24) -100
    Dmitri Kombarov(24) -163 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Denis Glushakov(24) -90
    Viktor Fayzulin(25) -95
    Alan Kasaev(25) -102
    Roman Kontsedalov(25) -41

Forwards
    Maksim Kanunnikov(20) -28(5)
    Aleksandr Kokorin(20) -66(6)
    Artem Dzyuba(22) -98(20)
    Pavel Golyshev(24) -46(11)

8. DynamVostok

DynamVostok Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Moscow,Russia
    Club:
    Dinamo Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Could also add Vladimir Dyadyun to that list. 10 goals in 28 matches for Nalchik while on loan and scored against Kiev in Kazan the other week he is only 23, more of a goal poacher. Not a bad set of players really if they can continue to develop.

9. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Dyadun is mid-table quality at best imo.

But we have a lot of promising young players like Shennikov, Gadzhibekov, Gatagov, Kokorin, Yakovlev, Dzyuba, Mamayev, Dzagoev, Burlak, and so on.

Maybe I'm biased but Mamayev is the best center midfielder we have period right now. How is that he didn't even get a call to the B national team? :confused:

As far as center backs go we've got Burlak, Gadzhibekov, and Tsalagov, all three have shown potential.

10. DynamVostok

DynamVostok Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Moscow,Russia
    Club:
    Dinamo Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Agree with the majority of your post, and yes Mamayev is one of my favourite players in Russia, he actually was called up for the B team but did not want to participate which was understandable.

I think with the money Anzhi has it is only a benefit for young Russian footballers development, since they are not leaving the country may aswell continue to strengthen the league so they compete against the best. Imagine the benefit players such as Burlak will have facing someone such as Eto'o, Kuryani etc

I don't understand all the hype about Samedov in the Russian press he is 27 and has the touch of a rapist :confused:

11. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    It's just that we're short on right wingers, and most people would rather see him get a chance than Torbinskiy. No idea in hell how Torbinskiy has all these caps.

12. DynamVostok

DynamVostok Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Moscow,Russia
    Club:
    Dinamo Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Was Izmailov a right winger? He was in good form before his injury. Apparently doing well in pre season. Deserves a call up if he gets some solid game time at Sporting.

Torbinsky probably gets called up due to fitting the system as he has been with the team for a long time. Not a fan of his, would rather someone else get a chance but Samedov frustrated me today.

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Ukraine >>>>> Russia.

Oh, wait.....wrong thread. :D

14. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I always forget about Izmailov, either way none of these guys will help us beat the top teams. I thought DA going with Pav/AA/Kerzh against Serbia was an interesting idea but the midfield was crap. I want to see this for once,

-----Denisov
    Ryazantsev-Mamayev-
    Kerzh-------AA
    ------Pav

btw yasik, that's no way to talk about our beloved Russia, the one team that unites this forum.

15. DynamVostok

DynamVostok Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Moscow,Russia
    Club:
    Dinamo Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Not against that lineup mate, problem is that it will need to gel. If it does though, it looks good. Izmailov came off the bench for Sporting after his long injury and scored to tie the match also had a chance to win it.

Past few days a good number of Russians under the age of 23 have scored, good to see.

16. wiz0rd

wiz0rd Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Moscow
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    i hate advocaat

i f***Cking hate him!

zyryanov is a compelte 0. he's gonna be 34 next summer. you really think it's smart to still involve him in the NT for the Euros? idiot.

semshov is having his revival year but he's also gonna be 34. a good bench option i guess for Euro 2012 but nothing more.

denisov is a ticking time bomb and can get a red card at any point. shouldn't be starting. good bench option though.

mamaev should be our main DM. torbinsky has speed and flair, a good bench option but shouldn't be starting. great attacker to put on though if game is tied going into overtime.

bilya is a complete zero and wasn't even on the bench for everton yesterday. brutal. arshavin...should also be a bench player.

i'd love to see this starting 11 (4-5-1 against teams with a strong center)

akinfeev
    anyukov-igna-brat-schennikov
    ------mamaev [DM]----------
    -----shirokov[CM]--glushakov[CM]
    ------------dzagoev----------
    ------------pavlyuchenko-------

bench: torbinsky, semshov, arshavin, bilya, denisov, zhirkov, berezutski, parshivluyk, kerzhakov, pogreb

or 4-4-2 with wingers against teams with slow or weak wings

akinfeev
    anyukov-igna-brat-schennikov
    -------mamaev--shirokov-----
    dzagoev--------------zhirkov
    ----------pav--kerzh-----------

also, a 3-5-2 with wings would be veeery interesting with zhirkov/schennikov/anyukov deployed a bit up the pitch (like zenit is playing now with criscito and anyukov) and 3 central defenders

akinfeev
    ----------brat-igna-brat---------
    anykov--------------------zhirkov
    ---------mamaev--shirokov---------
    ------------dzagoev---------------
    -------pav------------kerzh--------

17. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I definitely don't want Glushakov starting. Torbinskiy has no business being called up as far as I'm concerned.

Mamayev is best with a DM playing along side him and we only have Denisov.

18. DynamVostok

DynamVostok Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Moscow,Russia
    Club:
    Dinamo Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Good to see so many youngsters scoring this weekend.

Dzyuba, Prudnikov, Yakovlev etc

Fayzulin deserves to be a regular starter for Zenit.

When Ryzantsev comes back from injury lets hope he brings back his good form. Deserves to be in the national team.

This team would look good.
    anyukov-igna-alcoholic-schennikov
    ---------Mamayev-----
    ------Ryazantsev---Shirokov
    -Dzagoev-----------------Arshavin
    -----------Kerzhakov------

Don't think the young defender at Anzhi would do much worse than the alcoholic.

I have liked Dzagoev national team performances as of late, even when out of form for CSKA he seemed to care for the shirt which I have noticed not many players do.

Prefer Kerzhakov over Pav simply because Kerzh is active for 90minutes, Pav although an excellent finisher disappears far too much. With the likes of Arshavin having the same disappearing trick I think it is best to keep those amount of players down to a minimum.

19. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I think Pav's put in the better NT performances although I agree that Kerzh runs like hell for the whole game. But he's just so frustrating sometimes, the guy really lacks a brain and I can't even count how many times he's disrupted a beautiful team move by doing something stupid.

20. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah it is really dumb to play a 34 year old Zyrianov in a friendly. WTH.

Faizulin a regular starter for Zenit? Not if they want to win the title and advance in the champions league.

Dynamvostok - no Zhirkov in your 11???

21. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Zyryanov's done, he rarely puts in a notable game anymore for Russia or Zenit. Ryazantsev is a perfect replacement for him. Doesn't quite have the playmaking ability that Zyryanov had but he's technical as hell and can keep the ball like the old Zyryanov used to.

22. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, and the fact that he is playing, shows that it was stupid to hire a coach who was "done" in Russia 2 years prior.

23. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Yea I was pretty supportive of the Advocaat hiring but I'm well off the wagon now.

I want to see Dzyuba replace Pogrebnyak as well.

24. MaxV

MaxV Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    If he continues to develop, Aleksandr Kozlov has a chance to be one of Russia's best players. Obviously, he still has ways to go.

I would also add:

Evgeny Pomazan (GK) ... Really talented goaltender. Imo he has more upside then either Shunin or Pes'yakov.
    Igor Cheminava (CD) ... limited playing time, but I can see the potential, I'm hoping Zenit loans him out
    Basel Abdulfattakh (CD) ... Still a young player, but hasn't really developed as was hyped
    Vladimir Granat (CD) ... solid defender when he's focused (not always the case)
    Ivan Taranov (CD) ... not the biggest upside on this list but his versatility is a plus
    Artur Yusupov (MF) ... interesting young midfielder
    Roman Emelyanov (MF) ... we'll see how he develops with Shakhtar
    Magomed Ozdoev (MF) ... still raw, but certainly no shortage of upside

There are a bunch of others with significant upside.

Plenty of talented young players, but unfortunately most of them are pretty raw.

Ionov, Fayzulin, D. Kombarov, Dzagoev, Ryazantsev, Mamayev, Schennikov, Burlak, Glushakov, Dzyuba, Nababkin and Parshivlyuk are the most ready I would say, but all of them still have some things to iron out also.

I'm getting very tired of waiting for Kasaev to break out. Someone needs to tell him that he doesn't need to out-dribble 11 opponents to score.

Yakovlev is a very exciting young talent. Kind of inconsistant, but when he is on, he looks world-class.

25. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Eh.

Yakovlev's shown glimpses of future awesomeness,and don't forget about Kokorin and Gatagov.