Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franzel123

Franzel123 Member

Munich
    Germany
    Apr 29, 2018
    Send you a mail!

2. onlinetick

onlinetick Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Has anyone actually sold anything in resale? Just curious if that stuff is hitting the site at all. Have read a few posts of people who have stuff available, but not posting.

3. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    FIFA won't sell until they've sold ALL of their own stock, and that could be through the tournament or never depending on game. Hope is not Tunisia v Panama.

4. Delija29

Delija29 Member

May 1, 2018
    Germany
  5. LucozadeWarrior

Feb 2, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    While this refreshes the availability page, it doesnt really help with refreshing availability when you are inside the site after the queue to buy tickets. So ofvery limited use but thanks for suggesting.

6. Mrmagu

Mrmagu Member

Corinthians
    Brazil
    Nov 14, 2017
    Just after that Friday (8 days ago) when there was that drop of few new tickets I checked my reselling tickets status for first round TST tickets and one of my tickets (Costa Rica x Serbia In Samara), changed from status TICKET TO RESELL to status REFUND PENDING , and the RECOVER option is not available since that day. I can understand that it was resold in that new batch of tickets.

7. andafunda

andafunda Member

Arsenal
    England
    Apr 30, 2018
    Mumbai, India
    Been waiting for a new drop since the last week. Come on FIFA!

8. onlinetick

onlinetick Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Thanks. Was just curious. Thought in years past they hit the site immediately. Seems like they may be making them available in batches this time. Would be nice if they would be a little forthcoming on what they are doing.

DrDreana repped this.
  9. TomásGerardo

TomásGerardo Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Medellín
    In 2014 we knew this was going to happen - surprised FIFA Ticketing did not implement it then. I think most scanners now are basically check for change plugins - no more no less.

10. Arabian Legend

Arsenal
    Saudi Arabia
    May 4, 2018
    Hey! How many tickets do you need for Morroco vs Portugal? I may end up with an extra one. It's Cat 2

11. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hi guys
    On viagogo my friend found 6 tickets cat 1 egypt x russia seated together at 580 usd end user price (after fees..)
    For this price it is definitly not hospitality (which allows any number of tickets seated together if available..)
    How the hell that could be possible if we can only apply by 4 ?
    Does viagogo control information coming from reseller ?
    Like if someone posted 2 sets of 4 tickets for the same game to sell, can they control that these can only be sold as sets of 4 max not as a set of 8 ?

12. purpleheart18

purpleheart18 New Member

Apr 30, 2018
    There is the feature called Group Sitting where different applicants request to sit together and FIFA accommodates if possible. I don't know anyone that has had this work, but it's possible that some people have.

13. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    My Serbia v Switzerland got sold then too was trying to sell Serbia v Costa Rica but not sold for me. They were put up for sale together which is even weirder then it didn’t sell

14. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    But viagogo dont now that, they might only have received from the seller 2 fifa confirmation emails as a proof (with no reference to seats).
    The seating option was only possible in january.
    I dont think viagogo can control and check these infos from reseller

DrDreana repped this.
  15. purpleheart18

purpleheart18 New Member

Apr 30, 2018
    Good insight. Very likely that they have additional inventory, and prioritize fan sales where their own inventory is lower. Unfortunately, lack of transparency on their re-sale platform encourages sales in the secondary market (as well as the 10% service fee), which is precisely what FIFA indicates they want to avoid.

16. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yes I deduced exactly the same logic except one point......FIFA Do not ever give a Fuk about the Fan. It’s all about selling and driving demand as high as possible.

17. Nate Kurdurka

Nate Kurdurka Member

manU
    United States
    Jan 30, 2018
    Yea, but if you just leave your computer on continuously, and keep refreshing the page constantly once inside the FIFA ticketing portal, wouldn't that prevent you from getting booted out?

What I'm saying is, wouldn't this help you be ready for when the tickets do drop? I'm assuming when the next drop hits, it will be difficult to get into the portal because everyone and their mother will be trying to login at the same time. Where as people that are already in the portal when the drop actually happens will have an advantage.

Or am I totally wrong with this line of thinking?

diegomaradona1010 repped this.
  18. Franzel123

Franzel123 Member

Munich
    Germany
    Apr 29, 2018
    would be nice if it makes a voice after a drop

19. Mahmoud Fahmy

Mahmoud Fahmy Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Doha, Qatar
    Why Tickets TST4, TST5, TST6 and TST7 not printed till now? Do FIFA plan for collecting in Russia? so weird!!

Gane and bbffc97 repped this.
  20. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Are you not entertained?

JaWC2014 and Stuckin1au repped this.
  21. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I’m thinking they are trying to give people an additional period of time to resell their tickets perhaps knowing that tst4-7 are notorious for group games returned

22. Franzel123

Franzel123 Member

Munich
    Germany
    Apr 29, 2018
    I dont see any resell.

23. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    What question specifically are you asking ? Also when you answer please say which phases of ticketing tickets are you trying to resell.

Ric_Braz and JaWC2014 repped this.
  24. Franzel123

Franzel123 Member

Munich
    Germany
    Apr 29, 2018
    I was referring to the post before where the poster has indicated that Fifa is trying to give people time to resell on their platform before they send the tickets. And I just said that there is no sign of reselling on the Fifa platform.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  25. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    He meant nominating the tickets for resale (ie. clicking the button). Where on some date in the future there would theoretically be a drop of some withheld tickets plus some tickets put up for resale.