Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I was confident that I was going to get tickets I would have waited also, or I would have requested CAT-2 and below. But I went for mostly high demand matches and I just didn't want to risk it. I am not optimistic that my Cat-1 seats will be good, I am prepared to sit high up and well off the center line.

But on the other hand, I now have tickets for every match I plan to attend. For the next month and a half I can spend all my time working the final logistics and browsing the internet for interesting places to visit and things to see, do, eat and drink. Plus, I don't have to be up at 2AM for when this next FCFS ticket phase starts here in California. I'll be sleeping soundly when it starts!

So yeah, you're right you may end up with better seats than me, but I'm happy about the situation I am in too.

bbffc97, Gane, Rwalter and 2 others repped this.
  2. KIOSKPECA

KIOSKPECA New Member

Crvena Zvezda
    Serbia
    Feb 20, 2018
    This is so humiliating........

3. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    This is interesting, I didnt take a screenshot but for the QF and SF matches i was interested in the green flipped to red and the red flipped to green.

Three greens flipped to three reds (or two reds) like Brazil Costa Rica and Nigeria Argentina.

Will def have to check this again later and see if it changes.

4. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I still think it's a bit of a toss-up.

In Euro 2016, in the lottery phase from February, I got a Category 1 ticket for the the Quarters in Paris and I was in the lower level almost at the corner -- Still great seats. I also got a Category 1 Final ticket right at midfield, but I was in like the 83rd Row.

In one of the final FCFS phases, I got a Cat 1 SF in Lyon and ended up being in the first row. This was likely a returned Federation ticket as I sat right next to the Portuguese delegation.

Also, in one of the initial ticket lotteries for WC2014, I got a good Category 1 seat for the Brasilia QF.

I also got some terrible Cat 1 seats with the scanner (although honestly, I was happy to even get the tickets to begin with).

5. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. Ill probably be scrambling to get tickets to ARG ICE till right before I leave, if not on game day. lol

6. Danielito1

Danielito1 Member

Real Madrid
    Jan 16, 2012
    Miami, United States
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Two questions:
    1. If you were allocated 2 tickets to the match in the draw... can you still buy 2 more tickets tomorrow to the same match?
    2. Did FIFA released any tickets to the Final yet? Or still not a single ticket was sold?

7. Fussball_eh

Fussball_eh Member

May 26, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    They were sold in the first phase.

8. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    They're there now. Thoughts on the demand chart.. could be worse! Now to gain entry :)

9. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah that's one of the matches I got a Cat-1 for. I got it pre-draw in the first phase and super happy how it turned out.

For WC14 at this time I had zero tickets and didn't even participate in the FCFS, I got all 7 of my tickets in the final last chance phase. Of course those were the days of the scanner, but the point is there is no need to panic yet. I just like to have all my stuff settled (tickets, hotels, flights). I'm 100% set now except I have one more night I need to book, the night of 1st July in Moscow.

10. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They are up but whether you believe all teh group games there have exactly the same demand is another matter.

themanlarry repped this.
  11. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah I think there is a huge random factor, but if I go in with the expectation that my seats will be bad then hopefully I get pleasantly surprised for a few of them. I'm a single for the first 4 matches so maybe that will help if they have the odd empty single here or there closer to the pitch.

themanlarry repped this.
  12. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    No and No

13. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most of the tickets to the final were sold under TST7

14. Felipao~

Felipao~ Member

Apr 25, 2007
    1) Without scanner this like comparing jogging to a jetski. Irrelevant.
    2) For WC14 the TST7 did not include final if your team was eliminated, i.e. all follow my team tix were conditional. not the case in 2018.

These two are major differences.

15. diegomaradona1010

Sep 16, 2017
    Advice?

16. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO. lol TST7 did include final.

Aussiebloke and Stuckin1au repped this.
  17. Gane

Gane Member

Aug 3, 2013
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Then they are NOT an authorized agency and are resellers

18. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Back to where?

They only go back to Moscow!

Keeping on topic - I'm not holding my breath for Mexico v Germany tickets

19. Rwalter

Rwalter Member

København
    Denmark
    Dec 14, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Some demand colors are turning grey now?

Grey=Not available

20. pfc_ivan

pfc_ivan Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    FK Partizan Beograd
    I dont understand how you can have multiple browsers with same account. Don't you get 1 spot in the queue per account? Or does FIFA actually give 1 spot per account per computer per browser?

It would make more sense that they give 1 spot per account, so once you are let in to buy tickets, all your other browsers/computers which are signed in with that account are also let in to buy tickets.

21. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    #6246 Stuckin1au, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018

This is a cookie-based system. When you go to the purchase page, it will assign you a "Queue ID" which is attached to a cookie generated in your browser. This means if you close the page and come back, you won't lose your place. (However, if your turn comes up and you're not there for 10 minutes, you lose it!)

This also means if you open up additional tabs, it will NOT give you an advantage, as you will have same Queue ID.

Edit I rewrote the initial post this version reads better

BMfutbol16 repped this.
  22. JPNYC

JPNYC Member

New York Red Bulls
    Mexico
    Nov 1, 2013
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    So what happens if say, one of my browsers manages to get in with one account, as I am purchasing tickets, another browser manages to get in as well with the same account? I'm assuming session #2 gets an error message? It would suck if session #1 says "duplicate session detected" and forces a log out or something.
    Also I really hope that bug from the first FCFS bug is fixed where I couldn't select matches that were unsuccessful in the lottery. All mine and guests info are loaded up into the account, I don't want to have to use a brand new account.

mkdaman1818 repped this.
  23. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Well don't stay logged in same account in several browsers.. Would just be too easy.

24. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah I gotta agree with you on point #1. I didn't use the scanner for all my tickets I got in the final phase but I think it was 3 or 4 of the 6. I also got Mexico-Brazil with the scanner which was a VERY hard ticket but it was too hard to get to Recife so I sold it on the ground in Brazil. There's no way I would have gotten that match or the Opening Match without the scanner.

I also forgot that in WC14 I got 1 ticket from a group of friends (France-Switzerland) who got it in the first phase before the draw. It was a cat-1 and it was the best seat I had all tournament, about 15 rows directly in back of one of the team's bench. So that gives me some hope for my Cat-1s this time.

I got my R16 ticket (USA v Belgium) direct from US Soccer after the group stage games and it was known we were going to Salvador as 2nd in Group G.

I also remember maybe two times I saw some posts on the BS ticket thread back in 2014 that tickets were available and rushed to the site and was able to grab them.

My memory is a bit foggy as to how I got them all but I agree the scanner played a big part. But the thing is this time nobody has the scanner (OK maybe the touts have something), so it's a more level playing field, but not impossible.

themanlarry repped this.
  25. mexcellent1

mexcellent1 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2018
    Great info guys. I've been reading the thread the whole way and its been incredibly helpful. Just a quick question - who has had past success buying tickets in country at a reasonable price? I'm currently scheduled to be in Moscow during Argentina/Iceland (FCFS dashed my hopes today for this game), but wondering if I should focus my FCFS attention on Peru/Denmark in Saransk for a two day jaunt instead of lingering in Moscow.

Felipao~ repped this.