Russia '18: Game Tickets thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Sep 12, 2017.

1. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    #1 wixson7, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The TSTs don't go on sale until we qualify right?

4. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    "Team-specific ticket series: ticket strips for fans to follow the national team of their choice. Team-specific ticket series are available as packages that include three to seven matches and can only be requested during sales phase 1."

Sales phase 1 (divided into two stages)
    During the first period of sales phase 1, which starts on 14 September and finishes on 12 October 2017, fans will be able to submit their ticket applications. During this sales period, it will make no difference whether they submit their applications on day 1, the last day or any time in between, as all applications will have the same chance of being successful. In cases where the number of tickets applied for exceeds the available inventory, tickets will be allocated by a random selection draw process. All successful, partially successful and unsuccessful applicants will be duly notified of the outcome of their applications by 16 November 2017.

5. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    With that said, I expect USSC to send out an announcement soon. Somewhere USSC will get involved and prioritize their lottery...but for some reason I thought it was after the draw....

6. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Official Sales phases for 2018, (and these look to mirror closely to 2014.)

Phase 1 Random Selection: Sept 14-Oct 12 Pre-draw. Single tix, VST/TSTs. Last time no (or very limited) USA TST's were sold during this phase.

Phase 1 First Come First Serve: Nov 16-28 Open sales for individual matches mostly. Last time, again no USA TSTs were sold, this was mostly for individual matches, pre-draw.

Phase 2 Random Selection: Dec 5-Jan 31 Last time, late November (just before the draw), USSC sent out the email saying this is the round for USSoccer to perform the lottery. It was around Feb when results were announced, using their alleged USSC ranking system. My guess is they'll do the same.

Phase 2 First Come First Serve: Mar 13-Apr 3 Last minute sales, and I think most everyone will have their tix by then.

7. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah kinda remember it was like that. Everyone applied for TSTs and like nobody got them.

8. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way I got my TST in South Africa was by doing a Ghana TST-7. I saw they would be in the same knockout path as the USA and I was able to watch all their Group Matches (also in the JoBurg area) and then knockout matches (which began with USA v Ghana) If USA had just won, I would have been set with them all the way to the Final (heh). But that Cup you could request TST-7s after the draw. I didn't get a USA TST-7 in the first phase.

In Brazil I got a USA TST-5 but I knew I had to leave after the quarterfinals and didn't bother applying for TST-6 or 7. It is hard to say which TST gives you the best shot but TST-7 an TST-3 would seem like the most popular choices.

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first round of TSTs if I remember right are so hard to get because of they guarantee you final tickets even if your team doesn't make it I remember right whereas the supporters group ones you got refunded if they didn't make it

10. hmason

hmason New Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Just signed up for USA TST 7s at Cat 1, with the option of getting less games and a lower cat. how this is what happens because the $3400 is pretty damn steap.

4 Years ago I applied for USA TST 4 at Cat 1 and ended up with TST 3 at Cat 2.

I kind of doubt there will be as many US fans heading to Russia as did Brazil.

11. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also did USA Cat 1 TST-7. Getting as many of the 7 games is far more critical to me. Cat doesn't seem to matter as much. They give all the real good seats to VIPs and folks shelling out big bucks for MATCH Hospitality seats. CAT2 and CAT3 tix can often be in better spots than CAT1s. Getting Semis and Final tickets will be tough (unless scalping will still happen like in past World Cups).

Interesting note I hadn't seen before on the FIFA site about Supporters Tickets. They won't become available until the Second Ticket Phase that runs from Dec. 5 to Jan. 31,

"Supporter Tickets and Conditional Supporter Tickets will be available during the Random Selection Draw of Sales Phase (2)."

So if I miss out this phase I can attempt to get a USA TST through the U.S. Soccer Membership Supporter Ticket sale/draw.

wixson7 repped this.
  12. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's exactly how they did it last time

13. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Yep, looks like they'll do I exactly like last time. Still doesn't hurt to apply for TST now, but my guess is USA TSTs will only be dished out by USSC vetting in Round 2.

14. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got my application in last night as well. TST-3 for me as I know that I wouldn't be able to stay any longer but this will (hopefully) be my first away World Cup.

silicus and wixson7 repped this.
  15. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you get single US games thru USSC or are they only TST's?

16. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    irrelevant now, but USSC was only doing TST's last time, assume they would have done the same.

not sure why i'm still looking at this f-ing thread. furious.

17. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Lock thread.

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No

We will never forget

19. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    No one is going to forget. But a thread about buying tickets to see the USMNT in Russia has now lost its meaning.
    Unless it’s retitled “How I’m planning to spend the money I’ve saved for WC’18”.

20. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder

We all grieve in different ways.

monere repped this.
  21. papermache16

papermache16 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Use that money for 2026, if you still have it.