Rush Limbaugh is a big fat racist!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by wu-tang beez, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should admire the fact that I'm trying to break up stereotypes. You certainly aren't.

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And if he doesn't put out that he's beating himself up over not responding, how does that make him look to the people who are so outraged at such overtly racist commments? Exactly, either as an Uncle Tom or a fool - neither one would be a desirable label.

3. TheWakeUpBomb

TheWakeUpBomb Member

Mar 2, 2000
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Congratulations. This is the dumbest thing yet written in this thread.

4. TheWakeUpBomb

TheWakeUpBomb Member

Mar 2, 2000
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    The media overrated Troy Aikman on account of him being gay. True story.

5. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Rack him.

6. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    Didn't Sweden make it to the semifinals of the 1994 World Cup, playing in most of their games in heat that would kill an iguana? Weren't 7 of the 8 quarterfinalists in '94 from Europe? I think most of the games in '94 were played in the early afternoon for the benefit of European TV.

This is really anecdotal evidence. But the last time I had enough free time & money to ski more than once a year; I saw a few Latinos skiing up at Brighton. They seemed to be adapting pretty well to the snow.

Granted, even the LPGA & PGA tours are more integrated than a Utah winter resort. But we're working on it. Skiing is pretty big in Japan and even northern China is working on developing ski areas; or so I have heard. Maybe Dusty isn't a big skiier/boarder?

7. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    I was half asleep when I heard on tv Rush's response to the McNabb incident. IIRC, he said something like "since there was all this outcry, I must have said something right". Did he actually said that (not in those exact words)? Is this line of logic consistent with his general way of thinking?

8. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    I’m surprised no one’s jumped on this yet:

Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Pill Popper

In addition to being a hypocritical, draft dodging, lying, racist, rotund scum bag, he’s also a dope addict and probably a peddler too. Idioditto rcvd 4300 tabs of OxyContin, a C4 controlled drug nicknamed the ‘hillbilly heroin’, in 45 days. Now I’m no pharmacologist, but I swear that amount will kill a horse---or in this case, an arse!
    <<skip bayless wav>>..rock me!!<<skip bayless wav>>

I doubt he was stashing it in his freezer for a rainy day, and was likely selling or giving out large sums of pills to associates.

So that's how he lost the weight :rolleyes: Dr. Atkins is spinning in his grave.

9. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yes is the answer to both of your questions.

10. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quarterbacks' ratings do tend to get better as they get more experience, so comparing career stats of a player in his fifth year to one in his tenth is pretty much apples and oranges. Their career ratings are about the same, but McNabb is 8 years younger and has played in a little over half as many games as Johnson. In addition, in only one of the last three years did Johnson have a higher rating than McNabb.

Again, quarterbacks' tend to complete a higher percentage of their passes as they mature. Plus having good receivers helps.

Not 1600 yards worth of advantage over a career half as long. Notice the lack of exact numbers in this area?

No, in other words statistics can be twisted in many different ways. Did you know that McNabb's career completion percentage of 56.4% is higher than Hall of Fame QBs Joe Namath (50.1%) and Johnny Unitas (54.6%) and is very close to John Elway's (56.9%)? Did you also know that McNabb's career passer rating of 77.5 is higher than Namath's 65.5 and is pretty close to Unitas' 78.2 and Elway's 79.9? Based on this should McNabb (and Johnson) be put into the Hall of Fame?

How many rings did Johnson have after five years in the league?

This is a flat out lie. Johnson had only 16 more yards passing than McNabb did; and the Eagles actually had more yards of total offense and made more first downs. The author would have made a much better point if he mentioned the 3 turnovers McNabb was responsible for.

http://sports.orlandosentinel.com/default.asp?c=orlandosentinel&page=nfl/scores/final/B97235.htm

Yeah, it's because he's black. :rolleyes: That must explain the fuss the media makes over Rodney Peete and Jeff Blake too.

11. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    In defense of Broadway Joe-who btw is painfully overrated-and Johnny-U, they played in a more imprecise era of the fwd passing game. Aside from Otto Graham, the most underrated QB in the history of the game, few of the QB's back then had numbers like guys who benefited under the modern diagramed passing schemes (ala Fran Tarkenton, Dan Fouts & Dan Marino). McNabb plays in a variant of Walsh's 'west-coast' offense and should have a higher completion percentage since most of the balls are thrown underneath the 2ndary and towards the seam.

Brad Johnson, tho hot for the past few yrs, is regarded as a journeyman who lucked out w/ tallented recievers w/ the Vikings and Bucs. but more than anything, Andy Reid's game plan sucked and his adjustments were even worse, that's why they lost the NFC championship. That, and the Bucs made all the big plays count.

12. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supports the point SoFla made previously RE: Jason Sehorn in regards to athletes who play in NY, no? :D

No doubt. You are 100% right. My point though was to show that statistics can be twisted in any number of ways to suit your purpose and that allegiance to cold hard numbers doesn't allow for any mitigating circumstances.

13. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    So McNabb may or may not be overrated and black quarterbacks may or may not be given preferential treatment by the media and the NFL. Either way it would be someone's opinion, something Rush was hired by ESPN to give.

Kellen Winslow and Warren Moon and countless others stated we need to talk about the race topic more but in the same breath said Rush should shut up. So the only people they want talking about it is people that have the same skewed viewpoint as they do. Nice free exchange of ideas.

It's the left that claims they're more tolerant but the only people I hear telling anybody to shut up is that same left. Since when is tolerance calling somebody racist as soon as they mention the word black in an other than positive light?

14. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    And I Quadruple Especially do not want to see Cruz Bustamante, Jimmy Carter, Mark Shurtleff (Utah's Spanish speaking attorney general) or George P Bush on any MFL telecasts or any MLS telecasts if Uncle Phil decides to Informercial MLS on to Univision or Telemundo.

I would not mind seeing Noelle Bush, but only if she took a lot of drugs right before she went on camera. Now THAT would actually make a Galaxy game bearable to watch.

15. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But that's the way I've ALWAYS seen Limbaugh...he's the funniest mooncalf I'm aware of...

16. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Obviously he's overrated, but why be an idiot and bring up race? Even if true, it's dumb to say and can't be proven. Lots of players are overated for a number of reasons.

17. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    Ben's absolutely right. Even if you think that's true, just keep it to yourself.

But to Limbaugh's point; Donovan McNabb may be an overrated quarterback. The point can be debated. But to say McNabb is because he's black is off-base. If it were 1987 and you said Warren Moon were overrated because he was black, I could see that. I actually think he was underrated, but you could make that case. Being 2003, and with the number of black quarterbacks there are, why would the media overrate McNabb? I think the truth is that McNabb is overrated because it's the NFL and the NFL is a lot BS hype as a whole. When the Eagles were in NFC Championship Games, they were winning a lot of games by 17-10 margins. Yes, I think he got a lot of credit for a good defense. And that has nothing to do with his race.

On a related topic, I've always thought that Jason Williams was an overrated basketball player and that it WAS because he was white. Mainly because there aren't a lot of white players left in the NBA and even fewer who could do a lot of the flashy stuff that Williams did. The trouble is that he's a terrible shooter and he can't make the very simple plays you need from him. For every dazzling pass he makes, he seems to throw five or six balls out of bounds or into the hands of the defense. Now that he plays for the bottom-feeding Grizzlies, people see him for what he is: Pete Maravich without the shooting touch.

18. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    Just some quick questions.

Do you think their are members of the media who would still prefer to see an African American quarterback get as much credit as possible?

If so, is that a bad thing?

19. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    Definitely.

Not at all. Rush says he doesn't think so either as far as the sports media goes. But people should be aware that all media has bias, one way or another. Rush is biased towards a viewpoint and he'll let you know what it is. The regular news media however rarely admits their bias and when Rush points it out he's called a racist.

20. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    There's the free exchange of ideas thing again.

tol-er-ance n. The capacity for or the practice of recognizing and respecting the beliefs or practices of others.

Hmmm. Nothing in their about telling someone to shut their piehole.

[drama]
    YOU BIG FAT RACIST!!!!! Shut your mouth!!! Even if you think that's true, keep it to yourself!!
    [/drama]

21. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    east-coast media over-hypes locals, period!

Case & point:Jeremy Shockey Mr. Congenial had an eye-popping whole 2 TD's last year, yet was perceived 2b the 2d coming of big, badarse Mark Bavarro. :D LOL!!! He finally had a solid game yesterday, but he'll continue to be Tony Gonzales' & Shannon Sharpe's b!tch in the end.

McNabb continues to be lackluster in the sluggish offense, but despite the brain freeze of andy reid for not getting more out of his 'hands' team on the onsides kick.

Sehorn was really gifted b4 the injury. Since then, he been burned more times than Al Sharpton's perm.
    <rim shot>Hey, Oh!<rimshot>

I agree about J-Will being the reincaranation of the late, great Pistol Pete minus the jumper--or consistency.

the time is now 8:54 & Limbaugh is still a big fat racist, hill-billy pandering, pill popping draft- dodging, hypocrite.

22. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The best discussion I've seen of this topic.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/wiley/031003.html
    from Ralph Wiley on the ESPN web site. The gist of it: Rush was wrong on the football part, but even the guys who know far more than he does are wrong quite often. However, that's not really relevant to what happened. Wiley argues that Limbaugh, who'd promised to keep politics out of his ESPN appearances, took a little ego trip. He was hired because he's Rush Limbaugh not because of whatever he knows about football. And eventually, he just couldn't stand not being Rush Limbaugh even for just 15 minutes a week. Also, he stepped into the quick sand as soon as he implied that it wasn't just the media who were doing this. Pro sports is the closest thing we have to a true meritocracy because if you lose you're unemployed. There isn't a GM or coach in the NFL (or any other big time league) who would hire or play someone that they didn't think could do the job.

So yes, Rush's remarks were all about race...and ego, his.

23. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    Daksims, I don't know what you want from me. If you exist in the public eye, or even if you want to live in polite society, you've got to accept that there are certain... well... double standards. Blacks get some leeway when it comes to making assertions about race. I think if you're white, you accept that you should restrain yourself in public. It's not a requirement, it's just etiquette. I don't doubt that Limbaugh believes that McNabb is overrated because of his race. I happen to disagree and, in addition to being a registered Republican, I'm normally of the same mind as Limbaugh. He's obviously more than entitled to his opinion, but being in his position, he should've damn well known what the consequence of his words would be. In that regard, it was stupid to say that. That's all. Say what you want, just be prepared for the effects of your words. That or go on "Tough Crowd."

That said, I was surprised by what they had to say, especially Tom Jackson. That it wasn't their idea to have Limbaugh join the show and that he's always been a divisive personality. I thought he would take the high road and say that Limbaugh is entitled to his opinion. But seeing the replay of the incident, I could see in his eyes (Jackson) that he was just this side of thunderstruck, infuriated even. That must've been an uncomfortable set afterword.

24. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    I don't think it was uncomfortable afterword. It was uncomfortable for Jackson when people started questioning him about why he didn't speak up immediately.

His tirade was laughable in my opinion, considering you could see him at the time of the remarks and he was obviously not upset about it. His explination that it took a while for it to hit him is nonsense.

I will ask again for the people who think Rush's comments were racist.

Do you think there are members of the media who would still prefer to see an African American quarterback get as much credit as possible?

If so, is that a bad thing?

I will add.

If not, is that a bad thing?

25. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An even bigger factor is that white people making fun of white people, or black people making fun of black people, get more leeway than vice versa.