Rush Limbaugh is a big fat racist!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by wu-tang beez, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I wonder why I haven't posted in the Political Forum for six months....

2. TheWakeUpBomb

TheWakeUpBomb Member

Mar 2, 2000
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    McNabb's press and hype, as others have pointed out, has very little to do with his skin color. He's a good media personality, however. Which is why you see much more of him than Steve McNair (another black QB, for those of you outside the country). I'll take McNair over McNabb any day, but the comparison between the two and their respective "exposure" illustrates just how ludicrous Limbaugh's statement is.

3. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thanks for slumming with us. Anytime you want to leave your Man U ivory tower forum and visit us again, the light will be on and the door unlocked.

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    1. Rush said something really dumb about McNabb. That's not surprising - he once called Chelsea Clinton a dog. (However deserving that may be.)

2. It was also racist, since there are plenty of decent NFL QBs who happen to be black. Carter, Stewart are not those QBs, but Vick, Culpepper and McNabb are. Its not 1986 anymore, and he's not Doug Williams.

3. McNabb a consnsus top 5 QB? Whoa, lets slow down there. McNabb is not a consensus top 5 QB. Espn just made a point of that last night. Manning, Favre, McNair (also black), Gannon, Garcia, Maddox, Green and Bledsoe are all arguably better than McNabb. McNabb has had a very low completion percentage in his career, which could also be said to be the most important QB statistic.
    Take Peter King's opinion on it: "The bottom line is that yes, I agree McNabb is overrated. He would have been on my top 10 list of quarterbacks in 2001 -- when he played two terrific playoff games and had a good regular season -- but he's been too inconsistent since then to be called a premier quarterback."
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=openmouthinsert&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

4. Motterman, I think you used the wrong word for Limbaugh. He's not an orator. He refuses to appear when others can argue with him. He's a demagogue, and one of the better ones of our time. Perhaps calling him a tamer modern day Father Caughlin would be a better comparison.

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, you're right, he's really lost weight.

6. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    Yeh Motterman - we haven't exactly missed you either my friend.

Between your reactionary politics, the fact you support ManUre and your recently trolling in the Arsenal forum the fact you are still a BS mod. surprises me.

I guess the standards are pretty low these days.

7. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't be so hard on yourself mate.

Besides, it's obvious that these recycled quotes that Limbaugh made in the 1970's have been on tap probably since he was up for the MNF job a couple of years ago, and the first sign of a racially related comment was enough for everybody to let loose with them.

Sportswriters and sports commentators comment on social issues all the time, they just frame them in a sports context or microcosm. This is nothing new, other than it coming from a noted conservative viewpoint.

Everything from Shockey to Martha Burke has been talked about in the sports/social arena for years. This mock shock I'm seeing really puts some things in perspective...

8. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I keep banging your head with the fact that I'm a mod, don't I. :rolleyes:

F off.

9. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to turn this into an Other Sports thread, but...
    Marvin Harrison.
    In his prime, Freeman and Sharpe. Last year, Driver. This year, he's got nothing other than Ahman Green and it shows.
    The one exception to this - McNair has made things happen without a real star WR.
    Rice, Brown, and the best receiving RB in the league in Garner.
    Terrell Owens.
    Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress.
    Is not in the same league as these others.
    Moulds and, now, Josh Reed.
    If any of the guys you listed above was throwing to Thrash, Pinkston, and Freddie Mitchell over the past two seasons, their completion rates would drop precipitously as well. That's the problem with NFL stats -- other than possibly kicking, none are accomplished alone.

10. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESPN is going to make this a plot for their "Playmakers" show.

11. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't think they could ever outdo Dream Team, but I think they might manage it by the end of their first season. Astonishing. :D

12. TheWakeUpBomb

TheWakeUpBomb Member

Mar 2, 2000
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    So, the thrust of your post is that Steve McNair is probably the greatest QB of all time, and we should all thank our maker that we get to watch him. I have no problem with that.

Although I'd be remiss in not pointing out that Mike Vick had great numbers with effin Brian Finneran as his "go to" wideout.

13. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Especially as he's on my fantasy team. :D

14. mannyfreshstunna

mannyfreshstunna New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    Rush further proves he is an out of touch fool. McNabb has two bad games and Rush thinks he can discredit 3 years of MVP ball?Not on my watch!

15. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I won't either, except to point out that McNabb also has the luxury of a great defense backing him up, unlike most of the other QBs mentioned - he doesn't have to do as much to win the game. Also, funny how you didn't reply to Peter King's opinion ;)
    Btw, Trent Green is quite good - his numbers speak for themselves, yet you probably wouldn't rate his WRs too highly.
    Finally, even if Manning has Harrison, whom would YOU rather have throwing to Pinkston and Thrash, Donovan or Peyton? I thought so.

Oh, and Rush is still a racist; need the political quotient in the post.

16. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm trying to figure out just how ignorant you are, so help me out.

Did you mean to write "1970's" or did you mean "1990's?" The 9 and 7 aren't right next to each other, but before calling you an aggressively ill-informed apologist for a racist, I just want to be sure.

17. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Amen

18. MyHouse!

MyHouse! Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Tallahassee
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a young broadcaster in the 1970s, Limbaugh once told a black caller: "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."

A decade ago, after becoming nationally syndicated, he mused on the air: "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

In a similar vein, here is Limbaugh's mocking take on the NAACP, a group with a ninety-year commitment to nonviolence: "The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

You were saying?

19. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, it's just that Tennessee hasn't had a decent WR in years. I mean, Derrick Mason isn't exactly Hall of Fame material. McNair has always had a reliable TE and Eddie George, who combined have protected him more than average. But at this point he's a guy who doesn't put up the stats of the others but just keeps winning games.

And Vick, by the way, didn't have "great numbers" in his passing game. If I remember correctly, the Falcons averaged under 200 ypg passing last year. But thanks to his feet he was still a great fantasy player. Now that he has Price, it will be interesting to see how good he can be with a top-tier wideout on his team.

20. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    On October 19, the Dallas Cowboys will be 5-1 and Quincy Carter will be on his way to thye first of many Pro Bowls. Mark.

21. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    too early for crack, Gringo

[big tex wav]Easy there Pardener, the Cowboys gotta go thru McNabb on the 12th to make that happen. [/big tex wav]

22. TheWakeUpBomb

TheWakeUpBomb Member

Mar 2, 2000
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    He didn't throw many picks. The passing game was highly effective for Atlanta, due in part to his feet and his accuracy. He had great numbers. And I'll take Thrash, Pinkston and Mitchell over Finneran and McCord any day.

Says the guy who also said that Chris Simms would be a better pro QB than Mike Vick. That still may happen if Vick happens to be crippled sometime soon, but it ain't likely. I believe Simms is still trying to overcome Shaun King on the depth chart. Well, at least Shaun King led his college team to an undefeated season....

By the way, who was it that the Cowboys lost to? Ouch.

Doug Johnson says thanks for not making his season a complete failure, just a big fat failure.

23. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I said that back in happier, drunker, crack-induced days when we all thought Simms was leading us to the promised land...

F*** me.

24. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Proof that today's crop of QBs, black or white, is generally crap.

25. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    McNabb squashes story

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...p/20031001/ap_on_en_tv/limbaugh_quarterback_4
    "He said what he said. ... I'm sure he's not the only one that feels that way, but it's somewhat shocking to actually hear that on national TV,"

Way to be a gentleman, that’s why you get the Campbell’s Soup adds and Idioditto gets the adds for smokeless tobacco. Now hush up and get back to explaining why you dogged the draft for a rectal wart, yet went skiing after your examination.
    -------------------------------------------------
    A QB’s accuracy is only one of many factors in determining efficiency like 3rd down completion rate, pick/pass attempt, yrds per attempt, red zone conversion and a lot of other things. MVP awards are given for intangible qualities, victories,& stats. For Pete’s sake, Jake the Fake Plummer is a top-5 leader right now. The season’s early, McNabb will finish strong and have the Eagles vying for the NFC east title again.