Rumsfeld: "No major progress in war against terrorism"

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by GringoTex, Oct 22, 2003.

1. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    i dunno if i completely agree with that because it still leaves a giant pile of *#*#*#*# to own up to...it doesn't really leave anyone off the hook especially when it's covered with names...but i do agree there's no way it was accidental.

as far as two years ago...i work for the bush administration so i'll just wink and nod in superdave's general direction as if i were agreeing with him per, where was this two years ago.

2. Mefisto

Mefisto Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Århus, Denmark
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Rumsfeld: "No major progress in war against terrorism"

he is certainly not my tool- I wanted to take his soul but it turned out he hasnt got one

3. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  4. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your, and supa-david's, point is spot on. October 16th you're JUST having this discussion?

The fact that this (amazingly nuanced) articulation of the environment was articulated on BS at the end of last year/top of this year, by many, and not entertained for discussion by the GUYS WITH THE *#*#*#*#ING REAL-TIMNE DATA is, to put it mildly, a disgrace...

If this was leaked, it makes the admin look like fools.

Leaked on purpose, fools struggling for a new media playing field.

5. NSlander

NSlander Member

Feb 28, 2000
    LA CA
    I vote fake.

Not only does this set the stage for Rummy take the fall, it implies a degree of good faith in combating terrorism,,,in Iraq.

AGAIN, an administration official juxtaposes Iraq with Al Qaida and terrorism. This subject line for the memo reads "Global War on Terrorism". Understandably, the first bullet point concerns AL Qaida. But the second bullet concerns,,,,Iraq. Towards the close of the memo, Rummy states "the coalition can win the war in Afghanistan and IRAQ in one way or another, but it will be a long hard slog." Effectively justifying the Iraqi invasion as part of the "War on Terrr", and claiming the war will be over by Christmas.

If the subject line is "Global War on Terrorism", why the hell is he talking about Iraq? Saddam is/was a brutal despot who killed his own. He was not behind 9/11, nor did he rely on the madrasas, as intimated by the memo. But all that is beside the point because the dangers our soldiers in Iraq are dealing with now are not those of "Global Terrorism".

But hey, everybody could use a long hard slog once in awhile, so lets give it some more time.

Remember that 9/11 flag that was rubbed onto the Saddam statute 6 months ago? This is the passive aggressive approach.

6. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Before the war started, I made the prediction that the stress of post-war occupation would eventually cause one of the White House staff to launch into a rage-filled tirade. Come on, Rumsfeld! I know you can do it!

7. mannyfreshstunna

mannyfreshstunna New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    Wouldn't that be fun to watch?