Rumour - Beckham to Arsenal???

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by OutKast3000, Nov 28, 2004.

1. OutKast3000

OutKast3000 New Member

Jan 7, 2004
    http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3197944

"AND THE REST
    Arsenal, Man United, Real Madrid and Monaco are all after Southampton starlet Theo Walcott...Russian international striker Dmitry Bulykin has admitted to be in conversation with Bolton...David Beckham will become a Gunner in a £10m swop that would see Freddie Ljungberg sign for Real Madrid...Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric may resign to take over at Greek side Panathinaikos..Aston Villa boss David O'Leary is planning to bid for Arsenal midfielder Jermaine Pennant. "

FYI

2. The Canandien WizKid

Oct 11, 2004
    Mississauga, ont, Ca
    I saw that to. I hope to god he doesn't we don't need him acting lost here. We need out Freddie!!! And i swear thats more than they payed for Henry, certainly a poor decision yes, high probability of failure, what are they ManU...

3. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    I'd much rather have Beckham than Ljunberg. I honestly don't see that much in Freddie as far as world-class talent goes -- he's fast and quick, can create space for crosses pretty well, and hustles and tracks back, but Beckham is a much better crosser and can usually get his crosses off. If we sold him to Arsenal (I can't seeing us sell him at all, as long as Perez is around) I'd probably only want Campbell or Cesc (I don't think Arsenal will be letting him go anytime soon, and he was a Cule...) -- Henry wouldn't play enough to make it worth it, Vieira isn't the same Vieira we've seen previously, would want too much salary, and isn't getting younger, etc.

4. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    probably a false rumor trying to get people's attention....althought it may be the best way for Becks to piss sir alex off

5. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    what a stupid rumour...

why would we let one of our best players go for an older less talented, celebrity?

6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Figo really leaves, Beckham is needed at RM.

7. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i saw this on skysports
    if figo and becks leave i will be happy, we need a revolution at real
    get gerrard and joaquin in replacement.....how that would be a dream come true!

8. javster

javster New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    We need Figo! He is the only one who has been sold throughout the end of last year whenever everyone played horribly..
    :eek:
    ------------------------
    http://www.thegalacticos.com/
    The Real Madrid Discussion Board

9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Figo's departure is pretty much a done deal.

10. echineko

echineko New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Malaysia
    not too long ago viera to real was a done deal too. i'll believe it when he's at the news conference. though i would rather see him stay, though, and be a mentor to joaquin. but i'm not holding my breath on that particular transfer either. :(

11. kraayzizou

kraayzizou New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    St. Louis
    You're crazy as a Real fan to be happy to see Figo leave, and that is all we can say about that. Figo is still one of the world's greatest players, present and past. On present form for months he's been our most dangerous player. How can you be happy to see that go!? Yeah, Joaquin would be an awesome addition to the squad, no doubt. But getting rid of Figo with a smile on your face, are you a Real fan or not???

12. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    in that case the last thing madrid need is to lose Beckham as well..which i dont think he will....i think becks does better on the right rather than the middle

13. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As far as I knew, Real Madrid is not even talking with Figo about an extension. His contract expires. However, we had many surprises so far. Joaquin could be another factor. Robinho could be another.

I am not a fan of Beckham, but I do believe Beckham will be more effective without Figo.

14. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    David Beckham needs to get back into the right position

I'd post the first paragraph, but the article starts off talking about his hair, and I can't bring myself to do it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3205724

15. Rafa

Rafa New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Beckham for Ljungberg is a terrible idea. Beckham staying is a great idea. Anyone who says he isn't good enough for La Primera is crazy.

It's the same old story: We need a solid central midfielder so Becks can stay on the flanks. Viera would have solved a lot of issues.

16. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guti seems pretty solid to me.

17. Rafa

Rafa New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    No disagreement, but they seem intent on wanting to buy a midfielder now, which beats adding to the long line of forwards.... In the lineup they have now, it would be hard to believe that Viera wouldn't have added something special.

18. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    is anybody else glad we didnt get vieira?? i am
    we would have spent so much money on a player, to atmitance of arsenl fans, has underperformed this season.
    i am very impressed with guti, and he has only been playing in that position for a month or so, give it time and who knows..... he could become best in the world ;) he has been praised in marca all week!!

19. Rafa

Rafa New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    You know, everyone was Beckham hating when Makalele left, and the guy didn't exactly light up the Premiership when he went to Chelsea....

Moving between the big clubs in England and Spain - who knows how the actual player will respond, but I can't see Viera failing in the current Real mix.

20. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Real Madrid is an overated team with or without a defensive midfielder.The game of football is a team sport of 11 individuals. The way they play together is how you win,not the way they play individually.

21. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Aaaaaaaaaaaand back to Australia ya go. Thanks for playing...

22. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Of course, not long before the Galacticos, in a land not so far away there was a club in Germany called FC Hollywood against whom the same argument was made.

23. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course, but you have to consider that Real madrid needed the sort of player in Makalele. He was the unsung hero of the season before. Everyone knew that. I did not expect him to light up in Chelsea. The need of every team is different. Beckham is not the type of player for his current position at Madrid.

24. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree - and Guti struggled the first game at the new position. I am so glad we didn't get Viera. He wanted Zidane's salary & more ownership of his image than Beckham was given. But even in soccer terms, Guti is the better player this year - I know their histories are very different.

25. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i believe guti has been one of our most important players this season, he really has grown into the role. its good to see remon thinks so too.
    i think under a manager like remon, an easy going manager, he will suceed more than under a camacho type character. he will always be a spoilt brat and i think a strict manager brings that out in guti even more!