Rumblings from the ACSTL side

Discussion in 'Saint Louis Athletica' started by SiberianThunderT, Sep 5, 2010.

1. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I know, you may look at the "ACSTL" in the title and get your blood pressure rising, but I've always been browsing their side of the forum and saw some stuff that may or may not interest people.

Cooper is selling/has sold the men's team. The new owner is said to have deeper pockets and MLS ambitions, and is currently being screened by NASL bigwigs and such.
    Not gonna get my hopes up or anything, but hey: new owner, new possibility. =-/ Maybe if ACSTL survives another year or two us fans can petition to bring WPS back.

2. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not holding my breath. I've moved on, but for the sake of St. Louis soccer fans, I hope they get that deep-pocketed owner.

3. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any confirmation of this yet?

Where is he going to find a deeper pocketed owner from this area?? If he's not from this area how much would he really care.

Too bad he didn't do this when the Athletica were still here. Even IF by some chance we get the Athletica it would be a totally different team with many younger players we've never heard of.

Lori may be the only player who would come back.

4. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Okay, since posting, info has been corrected, but still similar: STL resident Ryan Woods is buying into the team (not buying it outright - though there are still conflicting reports on this issue). He sounds fairly interested in making this work from what article or two I've read; there's even a picture of him (and his business partner) hanging out in section 20 in the ACSTL forum here. His name popped up a while ago when talking about stadium plans, either in Collinsville or Richmond Heights. I'm not quite sure as of yet how deep his pockets are. Nor have I seen any mention of bringing a women's team back. Which doesn't surprise me.

5. AlwaysAthletica

May 28, 2010
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do we know of him?
    How did he come by his money?
    Is he as blind (and arrogant) as Cooper?

6. Mosan

Mosan Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Munich
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good luck to them. However I don`t have hope this leads to substantial interest and effort for professional womens soccer in St Louis though. With the drama of Athletica in mind I doubt any connected fate with a mens` side would be a wise foundation for a restart anyway.

7. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what's the latest on this ownership situation and any hope of bringing the Athletica back?