rules for vaccined ya's coming home for camps/games

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by luvdagame, Dec 7, 2020.

1. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    just trying to find out....

first: i assume our yanks abroad will get vaccined once it's the turn for sports.

question: how does that change the health rules for them when coming back home for a camp/game if players here are not yet inoculated?

2. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Our yanks abroad will probably be vaccinated abroad as Part of their health packages attatched to their contracts. If is in the EU, it’ll probably before players do in he USA.

3. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #3 FanOfFutbol, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Whatever happens anywhere else there will probably be no vaccinations in the US before Jan. 20, 2021 because everyone knows that COVID is really a left wing plot masterminded by the Unicorn that shot Kennedy from the grassy knoll working with the entire shadow army that prevented a fair election.
    Sorry, poor impulse control.

Actually, here in the US, athletes that are not part of the multimillion dollar crowd will probably be way down on the list if there is any logic applied. In fact I believe all professional athletes should fall in the vaccination line somewhere behind the bum on the corner. But they should come ahead of politicians. But that ain't gonna happen.

It is hard to place one person over another but someone will have to come up with a scale that weighs a person's value and their risk and places those with high value and high risk as early as possible on the list. That will probably be done in a committee so it will get screwed up in a major way and we will probable see people like lawyers and politicians and celebrities at the top of the list. That along with a few celibs getting their mink coats a vaccination.

But all this is just part of "life."
    "Life is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" Shakespeare

blissett and Cliveworshipper repped this.
  4. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Well in he EU and in the USA , communiities that can’t avoid contact are higher on the list.

Prison populations are in that class, take solace that Mossimo Giannulli will be near the top of the list not because he is a billionaire, but because he is a prison inmate.

Heeligan2 and FanOfFutbol repped this.
  5. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The key words are "can't avoid." I believe that if the virus is a real problem in prison populations then they should be treated like lepers were in the year one. Isolate them in colonies for their stay and then quarantine them after release. The purpose of prison is to punish, rehabilitation is just to make the public feel better. We spend too much time and effort trying to make poisoners comfortable, particularly those in for so called "white collar" crime. Most "white collar" criminals injured more people that most any 10 in high security prisons.

But now days we are too nice and you are probably correct that prisoners will get vaccines before children or teachers or police or people in convalescent homes. Heck, I think bus drivers should get as much priority as just about anyone else.

But I do not run things and that is, probably, a good thing.

I just do not want the virus to kill me.
    "I want to die peacefully In my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and yelling like his passengers." Woody Alan.

blissett repped this.
  6. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    For a change it would be nice to see the most vulnerable among us be the first to receive preferential treatment from the government rather than the politicians, billionaires, and celebrities.

But, no, one of the definitions of what constitutes a "civilization" is a class based society. We certainly have that. Unfortunately, we seem to have forgotten the slogan that "to whom much is given, much is expected."

LIZZIE and jnielsen repped this.
  7. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I believe we live in a non-civil "civilization" and that is highly unfortunate.

8. tiaotnszn

tiaotnszn Member

Chicago Red Stars
    United States
    Nov 13, 2019
    Well things got a bit off topic....

Back to the original question, quarantine rules might not change much (at least for the foreseeable future) because, from what I read, we cannot be sure that it prevents you from spreading the virus. As I understand it, when they give that 95% number, that was basically the number of people who had the placebo and showed symptoms versus the number who got the vaccine and showed symptoms, with the limiting factor on our understanding being that it was only people who showed symptoms. So we don't know, for example, if there were a bunch of people in the vaccine group who were infected, but never showed symptoms. That would still be a successful vaccine because it would protect most people from having any of the bad outcomes, but those people could still potentially spread the virus and still infect others. That's why you will see some articles now about how we should still keep up mask standards even after you have the vaccine because you might still be a spreader. We might be able to change that in the coming months when we have more information and we can see some of the effects of the vaccine in the real world, but at least for a while things are going to remain basically the same.

jnielsen repped this.
  9. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be nice to see the most awesome among us be the first to receive preferential treatment.

10. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    ...yeh, i was gonna say wait, what?

thoughtful posters (who I usually enjoy reading). but they didn't answer my question!?

hopefully molnupiravir totally works (just hoping) and is made part of the quarantine protocol?

...vaccine plus molnupiravir?

11. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018