Ruiz to The Galaxy

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by gerth21, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Ben7

Ben7 Member

Jan 14, 2007
    nice summary taco jones.
    cheers

2. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You forgot Thiago!

It's that last bit I have never understood. When these "agreements" were 1st announced with Sao Paulo and Chelsea it was stated that there would be loans coming. We'll aside from Saragosa what have we seen? Not a damn thing. You tellin me Chelsea doesn't have some young reserve who needs some playing time who couldn't help us? Same for Sao Paulo. FCD seems to get pretty good milage out their Brazilian counterpart. Why can't we?

3. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Maybe LAG/AEG could buy whoever does the South American scouting for DC United. I understand that they have a detailed database of SA players. So let's get him and his info. It's standard practice in big business for corporations to raid top talent from the competition, so what's to stop us from doing the same? God knows we don't have the in-house talent to do this job. LAG could make him an overpaid "assistant coach" like college b-ball coaches do with parents of prized recruits. AEG has the money. Salary cap keeps them from spending more on players, but they can spend whatever they want on coaches, right?

I was actually joking when I started writing this, but now that I think more about it...

4. Guicho

Guicho New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    CREMAS
  5. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  6. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is the same, but the real new ones won't have the bananas.
    [​IMG]

The first Ruiz pic seems like a ripoff of this:
    [​IMG]

7. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So are the new jersey's up for sale yet? I need a Ruiz and Donovan.

8. Guicho

Guicho New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    CREMAS
  9. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say we should try to get Gomez at $400k/year (doesn't sound like he'll go for less) and then offload Ruiz to another team.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2008/01/gomez_moreno_ej_and_supplement.html

10. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its not all about age, he's 33 by the way. Gomez has proven himself to be a quality player in this league. Moreno is just on year older than him and is falling apart. But Gomez continues to play as well as he ever has. I'd rather have Gomez than the diving fish. If Gomez stays in the league next year, we can check their stats at the end of the season to see who had a better year.

12. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read somewhere that there was to be a press conference today to introduce Ruiz. Has it happened yet?

13. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comparing Ruiz and Gomez is comparing apples and oranges. We can argue about who is the better player, but the fact is we already have a couple players that fill the position Gomez plays (attacking-mid/withdrawn forward), one of whom is named Donovan, but we don't have anybody decent at forward who can do what Ruiz is capable of.

With a salary cap, it's not about getting the best player, it's about getting the best player in the position that you need to improve...

14. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    No, but age does matter as far as productive minutes go, and Ruiz too has proven himself to be a quality player in this league, and he can fill a hole the Galaxy has at forward, rather than in the midfield, and at 28 he will likely be there longer.

15. Guicho

Guicho New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    CREMAS
    Cuscatleco me das risa.

16. Guicho

Guicho New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    CREMAS
  17. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read this on a blog somewhere and in scowering the Guatemala threads I came up with a link:

http://www.lared.com.gt/detalle_noticia.php?id=7692

Apparently Ruiz's right knee is inflamed and the Galaxy doctors are advising him to not play in their upcoming friendly vs. Argentina in hopes he'll be healed in time for him to play in the Pan-Pacific tourny and Asia tour with the Galaxy.

I really hope our team can avoid the injury decimation we had last year that started at the beginning of the season and then continued the entire year.

18. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a huge dilemma on going to this game or staying home and watching the US vs. Mexico game. I might just stay home now because Guatemala's chances of scoring have now become 0.:mad:

As for the Galaxy, they better not let him play unless he is 100%. They better not rush him out there just so he can play in this tournament. I hope they learned their lessons on all of this last year.

19. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    RUIZ WILL NOT PLAY WITH THE Guatemala Nat team next week.
    http://thelagalaxy.blogspot.com/
    And
    http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/news/te...ent_id=137048&vkey=pr_lag&fext=.jsp&team=t106

20. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Uh oh--we didn't draft a different Franklin, did we? Hope it's not this one:

[​IMG]