Ruiz pulls a Houdini, again.

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Dammit!, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    I couldn't help but laugh when I read this:

Notebook: Team miffed with Ruiz's absence

Striker not heard from since leaving for Guatemala

by STEVE DAVIS / The Dallas Morning News

Carlos Ruiz was AWOL on Saturday, and club officials aren't happy about it.

FC Dallas general manager Greg Elliott said the Guatemalan striker faces disciplinary action – whenever the club sees him again.

Ruiz was allowed to return home to Guatemala earlier this week for personal business. He was due back Thursday, but the club had yet to hear from him Saturday.

Elliott said he and coach Colin Clarke could only assume Ruiz was still in Guatemala, because the striker was due to report there anyway today for international duty in the Gold Cup.

"The big issue for us, first and foremost, is the lack of communication," Elliott said. "There is no excuse for him not communicating with us. We just can't have that."

-----------------

I think someone should buy him one of those cell phones with a GPS tracker in it.

2. mickeymac

mickeymac New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Paso Robles, CA
    Maybe he found another love child he needed to visit.

3. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THATS the Ruiz we all know and love. Its all about him and what he wants, no one else matters

4. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Well, all he needs to do is get traded to another team and pull this again. Then he can tie Rodrigo Faria (who did this in NY/NJ, Chicago and SJ).

I know he doesn't get paid what he thinks he's "worth", but MLS should fine him some cash for these stunts. If a guy signs a contract, and then doesn't bother to go to games to play, why does he deserve his full salary?

5. Kronos

Kronos Member

Sep 11, 2002
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's out the door anyways...everyone knows he's gone next season...now it would be a different story if he still played for LA :D

6. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Who;s gonna take him? He' s a loose cannon.

7. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the problem when he does crap like this he hurts his club team. Why knowing his history of doing this would a team in Germany or Europe take the same chance. Hes only hurting himself and his chances by pulling these stunts

8. ashaman112

ashaman112 New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Thought this needed a bump up in case some people missed the fact that Ruiz didn't show up for the end of season game for FC Dallas.

Link

Even though Landon doesn't always "show up" for a game, at least he shows up.

9. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    Ah yes, Ruiz' absence signals the opening of yet another Hooter's.

10. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You stole the words out of my mouth ;)

11. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is certainly one thing I dont miss about Ruiz. He is a self absorbed "me-whore", he's out the door huh. He did the same thing in his tryouts across the pond, who is going to take him? A second div. Netherlands club is more than he deserves. If you are going to be the guy who is so good the rules dont actually apply to them then for gods sake play that good, Ruiz hasnt been that good for a few years now. Take him, I sure dont want him on my club. :p

12. Bailamos

Bailamos New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Yeah, at least Pando shows up to miss on the field!

I kid.

But seriously, I'd be more mad if he wasn't showing up, even if he'd knocked in a couple.

13. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep he defintly not coming back to the MLS