Ruiz Message

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by MKO, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Ruiz

MLS spokesman Simon Borg, mixing metaphors nicely when asked about reports in the Spanish-language press on Necaxa approaching CD Municipal to buy Carlos Ruiz.

No need to hear it from Mls Spokespeople, like i posted in page one of this thread (pat myself in the back) Necaxa is after Ruiz. One guarantee is that two if its strikers are over the Hill. Both Zaguinho and Castro are in their 30's. they will make a move for sure next season. As soon as i get some info ill hook yah Up, My word is as good as gold :D

2. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Maybe the contract is similar to William Sunsing's from a few years ago. I remember reading that the league bought the players card, but had to agree to pay his Costa Rican team a percentage of any transfer fee MLS might get for him in the future.

If this is the way the Ruiz contract is structured, it would explain the "barking up the wrong tree" comment. It could also be a good thing. Maybe after another year or so, MLS could sell him for a good price, pay the percentage to Muni, and encourage other promising young players to come to MLS to get their start. Everyone happy.

3. DougO

DougO Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    look ma, no haiku

In the interests of accuracy, of course San Jose was being shopped for 7 years before we got an Investor. They certainly didn't mind screwing us over for the first 5. And the "fix" in year 6? That was our DUE- Landon came to us on the Eddie Lewis allocation- the one where they sold Eddie out from under us two weeks before the start of year 5 with no replacement, killing us for the 5th year. Some pet!

Cheerio. looking forward to these last two games.

DougO

4. seraph

seraph New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    LA
    Re: look ma, no haiku

Accuracy? If you call being shopped while have the Krafts as owners then I guess we have different ideas on what ownership is. Now I'll admit they weren't in it for the long haul in SJ (like Horrorsh!tz), but they DID have an owner.

They? I assume you mean the league. "They" didn't screw up SJ, the Krafts did. They used SJ as a farm team to send all the good players to the team with a good fan base. I believe firmly that this caused so much bad karma that NE will never win anything, ever. :)

"That was our DUE- Landon came to us on the Eddie Lewis allocation- "
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA! Every team is DUE! We lost Vanney and got nothing. DC lost Olsen to injury and should have gotten salary cap relief and an allocation - they got nothing. Cowlumbus lost Stern John and got... Every team is due!

PS - Landon wasn't the biggest addition to the team. It was Ekelund.

PPS - The only reason you got Landon is because you were lucky enough to be sponsored by Nike. If it were a Kappa or Adidas team, you would still be waiting for your due. Don't think the league is in the business of paying it's "debts".

5. DouginSJ

DouginSJ New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    San Jose, CA USA
    Re: Re: look ma, no haiku

The Krafts' tenure was never meant to be permanent. They stepped in to run the team when an I/O deal went south. They were never owners; if anything, they were just leasing us.

That's what we hope for. ;)

True, but way before the Eddie Lewis thing, we had amassed a handful of the "you suck" allocations that went unfulfilled year after year while L.A. and the Metrotards nabbed the best players, for what it was worth. Following MLS' own rules, Luis Hernandez should have gone to us. But in hindsight, we're glad he didn't.

Pure speculation based on the sour-grapes theory that L.A. deserves every good player that comes along, which of course 9 other teams in the league think is crap.

Though I do agree with Cadaver that MLS will probably pull some amazing chicanery to prop up your team in the hopes that you'll win a championship in your new stadium. The one thing the league can't do for you is keep you from choking.

6. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: look ma, no haiku

May be in addition to our Vanney allocation the league will remember we're still owed a marquee player for Carlos Hermosillo!

As to choking - ask Yallop to look in the mirror. Which team in MLS managed to blow a commanding lead in the standings over the course of the last month?

7. honkifulovemls

Sep 5, 2001
    NY/MA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: look ma, no haiku

that's probably got to be the only good thing about us not having been able to win the Cup so far: so that when we finally do win it, nobody can say "it was the Galaxy's year to be fixed by the league" - we've worked hard and long for the Championship, and when we win it, boy will it be sweet :) :)

8. Re: The Cadaver

true, i will also compare the Guatemalan Soccer league with our Mexican second or third division leagues.