Ruiz AWOL?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Jul 3, 2005.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Its reported by Davis in the DMN this morning that Ruiz was released to Guatemala for "personal reasons" earlier this week and was suppose to come back Thursday but never showed. Now they haven't heard from him. Does anyone have the link?

Should we be worried that Ruiz is going to start acting like he was in LA? Its obvious he puts country way before club, or at least IMO...

2. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess whoever bitched about him not getting in the game as a late sub has an explanation.

3. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have a problem with him not playing - I just wish he had told the club.

4. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So now that the ankle is ok he's focusing on Guatemala's duties now? Great timing :(

5. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Ruiz was obviously too injured to train or play for Dallas this week therefore what are the options on withholding his release for international duty. I don't think FIFA would believe that a player gets his health back between Saturday night and Monday morning. Does anyone know what FCD' rights are in this situation? The Gold Cup is not a WCQ tournament just simply a regional competition.

6. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think we need to go down that road. The problem here was one of communication.

7. ihearttheburn

ihearttheburn New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Denton/Plano, Texas
    Yea- he'd better have been kidnapped by the Guatemalan government or something and thats why nobody has heard from him. No way we're gonna stand for these antics. We DEFINITELY could've used him last night.

8. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, vintage floppyfish. We've loved him through the start of the season. Do we go the mistreated spouse route and decide to love him while he's taking advantage of us? Or are we good enough without him, and decide to get rid of him?

I have to say that, while we'd be hellafire with him around, if we can't count on him then to heck with him. Am I too ready to dump him overboard? I don't think so. He pulled this crap in LA, and he's pulling it now. It's pretty clear that he's a primadonna, will always be a primadonna. He's a great player but there's limits as far as I'm concerned.

Let Chivas have him.

9. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not going to disagree with that. frankly, when we signed him, I had reservations. his thespian actions in the box every single game get really old really fast. I'm very happy to have him score for the Hoops, and I really wish he had played on Saturday, but we would still be a winning team without him. we have been for the last month.

10. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, bs.

Come on people - he IS the Guatemalan national team. Country before club is going to be his m.o. as long as he is able to.

Let CC and GE deal with it. Something tells me that they will take care of it just fine. Based on the quotes in that article, all this is is a problem with Ruiz not telling the team what was up. GE can set that record straight easy enough.

Let's not blow this out of proportion.

11. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    I second this emotion. If all we have to put up with is Ruiz, recovering from injury, missing one game, not wanting to fly to Dallas Thursday and fly back Monday, then so what. He'll get his punishment if GE and CC thinks it's needed and be right back on the field helping us win games. Guatemala has a good chance to qualify for the WC for the FIRST TIME EVER. Plus, its a very small country and he lives there.

12. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Well if everyone wants to kiss, make up and forget about this that's fine. What is clear is that just like Gibbs club soccer is only a stepping stone to bigger things and there is no real royal to the shirt. I see absolutely no way that Ruiz signs a new deal to come back to MLS next season. All of that said, he can and will help the Hoops win the Cup this season because unlike Gibbs he plays with passion when he steps on the field and gives his all.

13. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    Well, if MLS is the highest-profile league that will take him...

Not enough info yet to comment on the whole situation, for me personally.

14. FC Dallas

FC Dallas New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Jumping to conclusions.

For all we know; he may be superstitious and 'believe' that a spontaneous interruption in his schedule might change his 'cursed ankle' trend.

I'm off to follow the ghourd ;)

15. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    agreed, I was watching my highlight tape of this year up this point, he's too much of a danger to want him to go just for a little crap. He is happy here, he is scoring goals, lets not throw him off the ship for one act of selfishness. You'll all agree when him and Eddie are making everyone their bitch at PHP.

16. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, talk about a kneejerk opinion.

17. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, like I said, I like having him around to score goals for us. I certainly don't mind if he stays. nevertheless, I can't pretend that I liked his play style or his attitude before he played for the Hoops, and that still goes - the only thing I like about him now is the fact that he plays for us. if he were to leave, as VioletCrown suggested, I think we'd still be where we are now. just without that GOTY. ;)

18. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Need to stay in touch? Give the guy an FCD mobile phone. They do have towers in Central America. A bilingual member of the management team would make these missunderstandings a thing of the past.

19. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is there really not a bilingual member of the management? surely there must be. you're kidding, right? I hope? please?

20. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Management?? No...but there are bilingual members of staff.

Hispanic Marketing & Communications Coordinator - Julio Cano
    Sponsorship Services Manager - Sophia Rosales
    Sponsorship Services Coordinator - Jason Martinez
    Account Executive - Giampaulo Pedroso

And I though Asst Coach Feruzzi spoke Spanish, too??

21. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    with footie of course you can't be expected to speak the native language of every player on your team, since that can include Czech, Korean, French, German, Swahili and British English, but I can't imagine how a Hans Westerhof could get by without passable Spanish or at least a Spanish-speaking asst coach. I guess on second thought Clarke and Co. can do without since we don't have that many Spanish-only speakers.

22. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is especially silly if true since Vergara went to great lengths to proclaim that every player on Chivas USA needed to speak Spanish. Maybe he should require them to speak Dutch. Also, does having non-Mexican coaches make sense to anyone else on a team (the Mexican Chivas) that prides itself on having only Mexican players?

23. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK. I'll jerk my knee the other direction. Y'all have convinced me. Guess I've just been in a crappy mood lately.

24. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does my memory fail me, or did not Carlos pull something very much like this in his second year with El Lay?

If I am correct, as soon as he got back he patched things up with the team and started hitting nets again.

Cheers!
    Sir Drinxalot, vox fatum and devotee of the Goddess Divia.

FCDORF. I do, I will.