Rugby World Cup Viewing - US vs. England @ Fado

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by EdTheRed, Sep 5, 2007.

1. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    I'm a-gonna check out the U.S. - England Rugby World Cup match this Saturday at noon at Fado. It's gonna be crazy there, since the game is happening at the same time as the Israel-England Euro qualifier, but hey, this is the Lot 8 forum, where crazy is a good thing.

Supposedly there's no cover for the Rugby, although there *is* a satellite provider-mandated $20 cover for the soccer (yeah, that's right, I said "soccer"), and there's a $20 satellite provider-mandated cover for the earlier (7:45 AM) New Zealand - Italy and (9:45 AM) Australia - Japan rugby matches. (Looks like $20 bucks gets you in Setanta's good graces for the day.) Basically, I wouldn't be surprised to have to fork over $20 to get in. Even so, I'm gonna be there, and any and all are welcome to join me while we cheer on the Eagles to almost certain defeat. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

2. blurtz23

blurtz23 Member

Nov 2, 2005
    S. Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was planning on heading to Kitty O'Shea's...but this does sound tempting.

3. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    If we actually get a few folks together, and Bogman Steinz doesn't get invited to any swanky embassy parties, I'll let him know what we're up to (he's been all over the RWC in his Bog).