Rugby on TV in North America

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by jandvco, May 4, 2005.

1. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: I loved my Dreamcast, but Globecast? hmm...

Yes.

The advantage is, if you already have your majority service through someone else other than DirecTV (e.g. DISH, Comcast, etc.), you don't need to switch to DirecTV to get Setanta USA. You can keep your existing coverage, and get Globecast only for Setanta USA as a-la-carte service without wasting money on the rest of DirecTV enchilada.

2. VON9905

VON9905 New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Re: I will have to look into it...thanks!

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I was afraid I came off as a jackass at first, but I just hate people wasting money on things that they could have had for a cheaper price or even had better quality - like the other day when I found out my father-in-law spent $400 on one of those RAZR cellphones!

-Von

3. Hull.fc.nut

Hull.fc.nut New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    an anyone tell me if it would be possible to view the challenge cup final between HULL and LEEDS on 08/27/05. I,m a massive Hull fc :D fan and have not missed a game home or away all season and now that Hull have got themselves to this final for the first time in twenty years I find myself on vacation in the USA. Please,please can anyone help me see my beloved "FC" in a game that is as important to me as the world cup final (football) is to a true football fan. :mad:

4. PatK

PatK Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Hillsborough, NC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In order to get Sentanta on DTV, you need get their Total Choice package 42/mo and then pay the 11.99/mo for a total of $54/mo, plus TTL.

If you want to add the sports pack, which includes the regional networks, FSC, GolTV in English, CSTV and ESPNU it's another $12/mo.

You can then add the MLS DirectKick for $69/year.

VON's post saying that you needed to get the super premium package is highly misleading. These things do add up, but no need to add HBO or any of those premium packages.

5. denalimn

denalimn New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Minnesota
    Both Setanta USA and Fox Soccer Channel are showing the All-Black-SA game tonight. Does anyone know if the two channels show the same telecast (ie., same announcers, etc) Since I have to Tivo the game regardless, does either broadcast have any advantage over the other?