Rugby: 6 Nations 2004 [R]

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by CelticOnFire, Feb 7, 2004.

1. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    Six nations starts the 14th. Games for that day are as follows:
    Ireland/France-Stade France, Paris
    Scotland/Wales-Melienum Stadium, Cardiff
    England/Italy-Olimpico(?), Rome

Who do you think will win? I think it's guna be harder for England without Jonny, but they will easily beat Italy.

Zach

2. mr magoo

mr magoo New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    South Shields
    After the great performances by the lads during the world cup i think were going to come back down to earth with a bump.

France to win it.

3. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Alright, who's the (other) a$$hole who voted for Italy? ;)

4. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    Heres Jon- no wait

Jonny is out. So are Englands chances.

Ireland to win. In WRC2003 they lost to england close and Australia close. England has no ofence now becides Jason Wright.

Zach

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Its a shame that Fox Sports World completely ignores the Six Nations. I know they dont have the rights to show it but they could still talk about it on their weekly rugby show 'The Rugby Club' but they don't even mention it.

6. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    COME ON!!!

why are people continuing to say England? Jonny led them in WRC. Without him, they would not have one, that is a gaurentee.

And please, state your reasons for your vote. I am going to guess people are saying Italy beucase they are the whipping boys of the 6 nations.

Zach

7. the_baron

the_baron New Member

Jan 27, 2004
    County Tyrone
    I voted for France simply because they look unbeatable at home. And Michalack will get his revenge for his dismal performance against England in Australia.

8. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anyone voting for any team other than England are living in denial. They're the form side, they will be on a high after winning the World Cup and they'll be doubly determined not to fall flat in the next tournament they play. The forwards are as good as any pack in the tournament and that's where test matches are won, up front. Not to mention the back division, who can take apart any defence. In all aspects of the game I can't see any team in the tournament who come near England at the moment.

9. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    Chicago

Is anybody posting in this from/living in the Chicago Area? If so, were do you plan on watching games?

10. Papa Bouba Diop

Papa Bouba Diop New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    No Jonny Wilkinson means no trophy for you. France will take it.

11. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Re: Heres Jon- no wait

You dont have a clue about rugby do you???
    England havent got any players called jason wright.

There aint much rugby knowledge on this thread is there eh
    If you all think england cant win without wilko than you;re sorely mistaken .We outrank the other teams in all departments.get real ,fools.

12. Manc_Scally

Manc_Scally New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    On top of your Mum
    Re: Re: Heres Jon- no wait

Ahh Sinner me old mucker, I'm glad you picked up on thst post....

I nearly shat myself when I saw Jason Wright up there, who the fcuk is he....

Now I'm no Rugby expert, but I do play for my local club and have followed it most of my life, what I have read here is all crap....

England to win the grand slam....Bollix we have no players, thats why we can field about 3 different World Class sides....

Muppets.....If you want any info on the game called Rugby Union, just drop me a line....

13. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    Holy cow....

damnit, yeah, that is my bad for making me look like 15 year old fool that I am.

Whos the wing that scored in the final agnaist australia? He will be key for the chances for England.

In the mean time, ill step to the side and try not to show my face.
    Zach (I think)

14. Old Cosmos Fan

Jun 8, 2002
    Originally NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I picked England. The only problem is the final match is in Paris and France are tough at home. As for Ireland they travel to Paris and to London, not much chance of winning both, or even one.

15. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Robinson is going to play in the centre in the first match apparently with Balshaw at full-back and Lewsey and Cohen on the wings. It gives England more attacking options than when Tindall is in there as he's more of a bullocking kind of centre who tries to punch holes in the opposition defence with his size and strength rather than the finesse that Greenwood, Robinson, Lewsey, Cohen and Balshaw will bring to proceedings. This is fine against Italy, but I'll be interested to see if Woodward persists with this policy for the tougher tests to come. I'll be surprised if England don't put 40+ points on the Italians.

16. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    England vs France will be the crucial game. France have done well, but as with all French teams they have flaws and aren't as good as they think they are. England will win that barring any fluke occurances.

Wilkinson gets a lot of the glory being the kicker, but the England team is strong in all other areas of the pitch. The only thing to stop them will be the inexperience, all the new players replacing the older lads like Johnson/Back etc..

England played promising today. I especially like the depth with new people like Henry Paul and Chris Jones coming on and looking comfortable. Some wonderful running and tries from the backs, and the forwards got more dominant as the game went on. Italy played well, I can see them beating Scotland and pushing Ireland and the other 6 Nations teams.

17. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    First week results [r] second week fixtures

One down, 4 to go.

France 35 Ireland 17
    Wales 23 Scotland 10
    England 50 Italy 9

Week 2
    Saturday, Febuary 21
    France vs. Italy.
    Stade de France, Pairs
    Scotland vs. England
    Muarryfield, Edienburgh

Sunday, Febuary 22
    Ireland vs. Wales

18. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ireland Vs Wales is the pick of next weeks games. Wales are on very good form and their running game is a joy to watch when it's in full flow. Ireland did ok against France last week considering they were missing a few key players, particularly O'Driscoll.

19. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    Game of the week

is Scotland/England. The Scottish hate everything about England and they do whatever they can to piss them off.

Ie: world cup 02. Eveyrbody in Scotland was wearing Argentina stuff.

This game is going to be intense.

20. Manc_Scally

Manc_Scally New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    On top of your Mum
    Re: Game of the week

The Sweaties are full of shít mate...!!!

Their team is to young and to inexperienced to bother England.....The only place where it will be intense is in the stands.....

I don't think Richard hill had a good game at openside against Italy, be better to put him back on the blindside and get Backy back in there, or give Joe Worsley a go....

England to hammer the Scots by at least 30 points...

21. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The game against Scotland won't be very passionate. Scotland have been poor for a long time, maybe they'll raise themselves for next week's game after being hammered by Wales, but I don't think they've got the quality.

Wales - England will be a good game.

22. Manc_Scally

Manc_Scally New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    On top of your Mum
    The 2 games I'm most lloking forward to are:

England V Taffs
    England V Frogs.....

going to be great to rub the Grand Slam in their faces again...!!!

23. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Scores from today:

France 25 - Italy 0

England 35 - Scotland 13

Both favorites won, not anywhere near as convincing as they were expected to but then 6 Nations games are usually more competitive than they look on paper.

Ireland-Wales is on tomorrow and should be interesting. A good test of how strong Wales are and whether they can seriously challenge France and England in their next two games.

24. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States