Rubin Kazan fanbase

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Dmed10, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    Hi,

can someone aware me on the fanbase of Rubin Kazan, are most of the supporter from Tartarstan/Kazan? On facebook groups etc there seems to be a few Brazilian/Spanish/Mexican eg supporters of Rubin Kazan along with some from Central Asian countries. I am also a fan of Rubin Kazan.

2. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    I imagine most of the fan base comes from Tatarstan, they've never been known to have fans nation wide like the Zenit or the Moscow teams. Good to have a non-Russian fan of the league though, welcome aboard. Unfortunately this forum is well past its prime but you can PM me if you want to talk Russian footy or post here ig you feel like it.

3. Circa 1985

Circa 1985 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    I'm a fan of Rubin Kazan too. They are my 2nd favorite team after Zenit. Things really fell apart for them the last few years, but they could qualify for Europe again this season. They lost really good players in Natkho, Rondon, and Eremenko who are all near the league lead in goals, but Portnyagin and Ozdoyev have stepped up. Hopefully Ozdoyev is purchased by Rubin after his loan and doesn't go back to Lokomotiv.

As for the fanbase, it's mostly Tatars with support from central Asian former republics. They had Berdyev as their coach for a long time and he is Turkmen. Plus they have had several central Asian players like Bayramow from Turkmenistan and recently Galiulin from Uzbekistan who is now playing for Ufa. I imagine they have some following in Georgia too as Kvirkvelia is a promising defender and they have had many other Georgians. I wonder if they have any following in Iran because of Azmoun and Haghighi.

4. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Most of us follow Azmoun's games with Rubin and Rostov ;)

Btw do you guys think Azmoun will leave Rubin this summer?

How about Haghighi? Would he get some playing time or will Rubin sell him? I heard that Sporting Braga is interested in him

5. Circa 1985

Circa 1985 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Azmoun will probably leave. Rostov is in a relegation battle and he isn't in their Starting XI. Likely won't be able to crack Rubin unless they need some extra bodies with European competition next year.

Haghighi's team looks to have been relegated in Portugal, so who knows.

6. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Both Azmoun and Haghighihave had better season since they left Rubin Kazan. Azmoun is the top scorer in Rostov with 9 goals and 2 assists while Rostov is in second position. Haghighi moved to Maritimo in Portuguese top division and at least he gets playing time there.

Now it is Rubin which struggles in RPL.

7. TomStevens

TomStevens New Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Hi. Hope you don't mind me getting in touch, I'm hoping to find Russian football fans to speak to. My name is Tom and I work for the Guardian newpaper in London. I'm hoping to do a Euro 2016 project over the summer where I profile one country per day, and wondered if you would be interested in taking part representing Russia? Do let me know. There's more information about the project here - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/06/euro-2016-what-hopes-do-you-have-for-your-team You can email me at tom.stevens@guardian.co.uk Many thanks, Tom

8. unitedfc

unitedfc Member

May 31, 2016
    1 Spartak Moscow 32,000
    2 Zenit 18,000
    3 FC Krasnodar 16,000
    4 Terek Grozny 15,000
    5 CSKA Moscow 14,000
    6 Arsenal Tula 10,000
    7 Lokomotiv Moscow 10,000
    8 FC Rostov 10,000
    9 Rubin Kazan 9,000
    10 Amkar Perm 7,000
    11 Krylia Sovetov Samara 6,000
    12 FC Ufa 6,000
    13 Anji 6,000
    14 FC Orenburg 5,000
    15 FC Ural 5,000
    16 Tom Tomsk 4,000

Rubin has an average attendance of 9,000 this season.