RSL waives Alex Nimo

Discussion in 'Portland Timbers' started by burud111, Nov 24, 2010.

1. burud111

burud111 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Connecticut
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Utherhimo

Utherhimo Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not really he will be invited to the combine in jan...

4. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    RSL now has 10 midfielders on its roster. Nimo would likely have been #11 on this list, although you could argue that he's ahead of Gil as far as current ability.

Coming off of a GA contract, I assume that Nimo won't be interested in a developmental deal.

I assume that your 24-man senior roster will be something like 2 GK's, 4 forwards, 8 defenders, and 10 midfielders. Depending on how many quality players you pick up through Superdraft, and other means, I'm not sure that Nimo will justify a spot. I think you currently have 11 guys, with a mystery attacking-mid waiting to be signed when the window opens (somebody needs to be scouring the foreign reports for who this, and hounding the technical staff for more info). You'll probably pick up at least a couple of senior roster players in the Superdraft, and maybe trade for a couple of others with allocation $$$. The rest will likely have to come from waiver pickups, and foreign sources.

Players like Nimo are tough to deal with when they come off of GA, because they usually have senior roster expectations, but may not quite be ready for that as a player. It will be interesting to see what happens with him.

For the record, I've always liked Alex. He is a very intense, hard-working kid. I know that the RSL organization is upset with him for some of his comments, but I'm pulling for him.

5. Jahinho_Guerro

Apr 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    so much for his portland or none

6. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    Any idea where he is playing?