RSL vs. Toronto FC; Sat. 9/15; 1:30 p.m. [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Arelius, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Joffray

Joffray Member

May 24, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    the feed took a crap and went to advertisements in the 88th minute.

2. Joshrocker48

Joshrocker48 New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Michigan
    I'm pissed about the crappiness of MLSlive.tv today.

3. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a problem with FSN. Apparently they've given up on it, too.

4. bcstanding

bcstanding New Member

Jan 31, 2007
    RioT Section 26!
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Joshrocker48

Joshrocker48 New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Michigan
    Thats really disappointing.

6. Czar Pazzo

Czar Pazzo Member

Jul 25, 2003
    The Darjeeling Ltd
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    It looks like it's a 0-0 draw... the audio is back... the video is just a graphic that says "Pre-match report"

7. WTFC11

WTFC11 New Member

Jul 17, 2004
    Southern Utah

Yep, I was watching it on FSN, and it cut to commercials for NASCAR about then. Gah!

8. bcstanding

bcstanding New Member

Jan 31, 2007
    RioT Section 26!
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, as an RSL fan, I'm accustomed to having to resort to find the smallest shread of anything positive, so I'll just say I'm glad we got more than 0 points. Cunny guaranteed a goal today. :)

9. Rosicky

Rosicky New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    SLC
    chris brown sucks

10. RSLin2008

RSLin2008 New Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Utah
    The worst thing about the Espindola red card is now a 0-0 draw against a side that hasn't scored in 800+ minutes can be portrayed as something to be proud of.

11. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Ended Nilz, but my favorite part was hearing that "If you believe in me" song. "The first time I met coach, he made me feel like I could do better."

EDIT: You can watch the last few minutes now if you really want to.

12. embratsu

embratsu Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Boston
    Ditto

And Jason Kreis sucks for starting him

13. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man down through 3/4 of game, opponents taking 24 shots, 12 on goal, and we escape with 0-0 draw... disappointing?

Maybe, possibly you should consider recalibrating your expectations.

14. RSLin2008

RSLin2008 New Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Utah
    We were completely outplayed by what has been the worst team in MLS for the last 2 months, including the 35 minutes we were at even strength, and you're not disappointed?

15. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe acquiring Yura moves us one step closer to letting Brown go.

I can dream, can't I?

16. n1xhere

n1xhere Member

Jul 12, 2007

You can, and so can I.

17. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    Many of us are disappointed with you. Don't let the resident 'negativity police' tell you what to think.

Kreis & RSL should--must--do better than this rubbish. Period. Have some pride, fellow RSL fans.

18. Ghoster

Ghoster Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Pleasant Groove, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Okay, so what pisses me off is the ref gives Mantilla a yellow in stoppage time for taking free kick 3 yards from where the ref wanted it. Talk about an anal and authoritative ref!:mad:

The announcers said this is Mantilla's fifth accumulated yellow and he'll have to miss the next game. What a bone-headed #@^&$ ref! Some refs just have to leave their "stamp" on the game.:(

19. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Damn, RSL...

[​IMG]

20. soccerbum23

soccerbum23 Member

May 21, 2006
    Lost in Utah
    I think the ref was very confused or felt bad that TFC has not scored a goal in 12 hrs of play. You would think after Espanola Red Card that there should have been others carded for the fight????

21. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    This was a disappointing game for many reasons:

1) the result
    2) 2 yellows and a red - leading to 3 players out for the Galaxy match
    3) seeing TFC dominate the ball for the first 25 minutes or so
    4) watching Mantilla get beat continuously and make bad tackles in or near the box
    5) having the last 5 minutes cutoff from DirectKick.

22. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We got a point on the road 4 days after playing on the road a close and hard fought game against the best team in the league.

I'll take it.

23. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Did anyone go to Jersey's? That was my first time today. Awful service. Terrible TV set up. Shit food. I will never go back there. EVER.

We need to find another official RSL home. I can't take it there. They (Jersey's staff) almost seemed put out that a good number of people showed up.

24. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Yea!!! Another moral victory. Playing down a man for 55+ minutes without allowing a goal? That's awesome! So we morally beat Houston by coming back from 4-1 to lose 4-3 despite Jaqua's hat trick. Then we played toe to toe with DC United, although we just couldn't quite tie up the game (yet I don't think RSL deserved to, DC was the better team still), and now we kicked Toronto's ass by not letting them break their monumental goalless streak even a man down for most of the game. Amazing. They should just give RSL the SS for all the moral victories it has won this season.:eek:

25. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally finished watching a few hours ago - we went to the County Fair and didn't see the game live. The first half was pathetic all the way around - bad defensive scheme, pathetic offense, boneheaded red card for Espindola. Well, not all the way around, as we once again have to give props to Nick Rimando for a fantastic half. Morales continues to underwhelm me more often than not.

In fact, the half was so uninspiring that I pushed the stop button on the DVR and took a nap. That was the best part of the game for me (but then, I always feel like I've won some sort of prize when I get to take a nap).

The second half saw our only real offensive chance (Esky to Brown) but that was it. Not even any free kick chances. Well, Talley took some weird shot. Add in Esky's silly yellow card a minute in to the half and the offensive performance was even worse.

Thankfully, the defensive scheme for half two was much better, and while the shots kept coming, none were as dangerous as in half one. I admit to being relieved at not having given up a goal to end that ridivulously long scoreless streak for TFC, and to finding some satisfaction in the tie given the length of time we went down a man.

Moral victory? Hardly - we stole a point. Given the way we played in half one, we didn't deserve a point. So in that sense, yes, I am happy with the point. That's different than being happy with how RSL played or satisfied that we didn't win.