RSL vs. KC Wizards; Wed. 8/29; 7:00 p.m. [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Arelius, Aug 25, 2007.

1. futbol_dude3

futbol_dude3 Member

Jul 15, 2006
    brown over findley?

2. sutible

sutible New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Croatia
    I have to say my motivation is betting, I bet for while (7 years). I found MLS very intersting cose in short words this leauge is very uniqe and all bookies calculate odds on same base like any onther world leauge and as results of that many times there is lot of mistakes.

What is uniqe about MLS:

- such busy schedules
    - when team are going on toure they are on the road sometimes for a month (while in Europe in genneral you play one game at home other away and only one game per week)
    - also refferies they do thiers job by the book (you have many penalty kicks and yellow cards)
    - I have to say as many of you are aware MLS is in low techniqual level so singing players like Blanco, Beckham means whole lot of diference
    - USA is hughe country and distance among citys are also relevant (my whole country have 4,5 mil ppl that is like medium size city in USA) so that result in almost no visiting fans (while in Europe you have ppl that are living fot theirs clubs and you have some times somthing like 5000 ppl going on away match on stadium that have capacity of 20 000)
    - home advantage is relevant but also you have teams like Kanzas were you have 10 k per match and stadium capacity like 40 k so that is realy IMO not such home advantage

I could get on and on about this but if you follow it and calculate whole this in given odds from bookie often you found value.

To illustrate match L.A- Chivas bookies gave odds on Chivas 3.4 (for 1 dollar you get profit of 2.4) and that was pure value. First of all no home advantage both from same city, many key players for L.A had international games in Europe 24 hours before. It was 6 th game of L.A in 21 day etc....

I watch games on mlsnet I paid 14.99$ for video on demand.

I hope I didn`t abuse this forum with all this

3. Black Prince

Black Prince Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    No abuse; thanks for the commentary!

4. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    What internet sites do you go to get your betting odds?

5. phills

phills Member

Nov 24, 1999
    I do not want brown over findley but that is what I heard

6. Riptide311

Riptide311 New Member

May 9, 2007
    Utah
    C Brown is a joke. I would much rather have Atiba up front then him.

7. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Cuántos goles tiene Atiba?

8. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I've been saying the same thing, only replace "C Brown" with "Eskandarian."

9. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Is C.Brown really an option over a healthy Esky and Findley? ... or is it a decision based on lingering health issues for those two?

I don't know but both have had early subs and seemed to have some minor injuries (Findley's hammy, and Esky's foot/achillies??) or something like that?

I will say this, I'm amazed how poor finishers many players in MLS are (and many on RSL are). It's like their great "athletes" but lack some technical soccer skills - i.e. they grew up relying on their athletic advantages that perhaps they didn't pay as much attention to develop solid technical skills.

I say this mostly but how surprised I am at times that SOME players struggle to trap the ball or complete passes or put shots on goal (or even near it).

It's like a little boy that's on my son's team - he's an unbelievable natural athlete, he's the fastest kid in the league and he does very well to expoit his speed and natural strength... unfortunately, it's almost like he doesn't care to learn how to properly develop basic soccer skills (dribbling, accurate passing, trapping, shooting) because he just outruns everyone and can slot the ball in the net. This is great until you reach a level where you physical skills no longer give you enough of an advantage to make up for weakness in technical skills.

Obviously, all of the players in MLS are very good technical players compared to me or non-professionals... but within their peer group, it just seems like that's one area where they aren't up to par overall yet. Don't get me wrong, they've improved leaps and bounds, but they still have a way to go.

10. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    You just lost all credibility with us. We are expected to believe that you have a date? JK! :D

11. ccb1212

ccb1212 Member

Sep 5, 2006
    West Jordan,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris Brown is starting tonight in place of Findley. Blah. All three of the new guys are playing. Espindola is playing in the midfield instead of up top.

12. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Starting Lineup
    18 - Nick Rimando (GK)
    3 - Carey Talley
    5 - Kyle Beckerman
    6 - Ritchie Kotschau
    8 - Chris Brown
    9 - Fabian Espindola
    10 - Javier Morales
    11 - Alecko Eskandarian
    23 - Eddie Pope
    25 - Jean-Martial Kipre
    27 - Matias Mantilla

Substitutes
    1 - Chris Seitz (GK)
    7 - Atiba Harris
    16 - Chris Lancos
    17 - Chris Wingert
    22 - Jamie Watson
    55 - Robbie Findley
    77 - Andy Williams

13. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Over half of the starting lineup are players signed by Kreis since he took over.

14. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All three Argentines - sink or swim tonight!

Chris Brown in for Sturgis may be the only obvious starting choice that keeps this from being our best XI - Findley for one of the forwards is more a matter of preference than an obvious choice.

15. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Pretty kicking midfield, assuming Morales is everything Kreis says he is...

16. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Not quite sure why Kreis still favors Esky -- (other than his hustle)...

17. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Pretty decent bench as well.

18. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Beckerman with a shot in the first 10 seconds!

19. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Goal RSL!

Mantilla!!

20. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Damn. Who is that team out there and what have they done with RSL?...

21. ccb1212

ccb1212 Member

Sep 5, 2006
    West Jordan,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goooaaaaallllll!!!!!!

22. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    I had almost forgot how to spell G-O-A-L...

Fastest goal in RSL's history...

23. ccb1212

ccb1212 Member

Sep 5, 2006
    West Jordan,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe these Argies might be good. Not only did they score early, but a goal off a corner as well.

24. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Morales to Esky. Just wide!

25. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure enjoyed the first minute :))) and the first five minutes! We're pushing the tempo in a pretty encouraging way. Fun and promising, at least, even if the positive result doesn't hold up.