RSL vs. KC Wizards; Wed. 8/29; 7:00 p.m. [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Arelius, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Ryantherusskie

Mar 17, 2006
    Where it's kept Real
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Not even a single mention of how sucktacular our field is, or how the ref jobbed them.

Of course, it's always interesting to see fans slitting their wrists after losing to RSL. As if we're not ever supposed to get better or win a single game ever. It's sports, Wizards fans - sometimes you lose.

2. neophyte

neophyte Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    I guess I have to wear my orange Barca jersey to every home game now-- we're 2 for 2 when I wear it!
    Great game, the Che's looked great, it's fun to have a reason to cheer again. And great game Beckerman.
    Oh, and KC is full of hackers-- we harassed Raybould the entire second half.

3. RSL_Suffering

RSL_Suffering New Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Idaho Falls, ID
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me, MOTM would go to Mantilla. I can't argue that Espindola's quality up top and Andy's bomb changed the match, but Mantilla's performance was rock solid. Not only do you get the opening goal in the first minute, but he he turned in one of the best defensive efforts from the back line all year. How great is it to see an emotional leader on the field leading the defensive back four, (no disrespect to Eddie intended)?

Does anyone think that with Mantilla on board that there would be any chance that Eddie would rethink retirement? Wishful thinking perhaps, but over the course of a whole season I think those two could form a great partnership...

4. mauro_

mauro_ New Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Bs As, Argentina
    What's up I'm from Argentina and I'm actually very confused as why MLS' teams don't buy more players from here. I mean a lot of players are bought from both Brazil and my country, is there a rule on foreing players or something???

really off-topic I know :D

Anyways, congrats on the win :)

5. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Each team has a restricted number of senior international and youth international roster spots. The primary purpose of MLS (outside of making money for the ownership groups) is to develop professional talent of US players for our national team.

6. Immanuel Kant

Immanuel Kant Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Sandy
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My MOTM was Morales. I thought in the first half his touches and his engine is what drove the great soccer we saw. When he was subbed at half time, we lost a lot of our ability to possess.

7. Aerick

Aerick New Member

Dec 13, 2006
    Sandy, UT
    Since I can't give rep, I'll post:

Laugh-out-loud funny! :D

8. Aerick

Aerick New Member

Dec 13, 2006
    Sandy, UT
    I think we need to keep Atiba, Christian, and Nik from this list. Stewart, C. Brown and Forko can be traded - if needed. Curfman, Kirby, K. Brown, Cutler and Hashimoto can all be cut as far as I'm concerned.

9. Aerick

Aerick New Member

Dec 13, 2006
    Sandy, UT
    What's the deal with Espindola's goal celebration? Is that something he's done before, or was he "honoring" JK by using his celebration routine?

10. USAHammerFan

USAHammerFan Member

Mar 20, 2007
    Sandy, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honoring? Do you think he ever saw a goal that JK scored? Unless someone told him you have to do a back flip if you ever score since you have his number....doesnt seem likely to me but who knows?

11. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In any case, it was awesome and I loved it. Just don't get hurt man, ok?

12. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    It seems to me that is exactly what happened. Precisely why Kreis broke out into a huge smile -- not so much because of the goal, but because of the goal celebration (done by a #9)...

13. beaveman

beaveman New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Mapleton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he watched Jason's 100th goal (which also came against KC, didn't it?) and decided to mimick the celebration.

14. n1xhere

n1xhere Member

Jul 12, 2007
    although I love the honoring Kreis theory, got another question, anyone know where I can get the whole match online? or even if Comcast does a ONDEMAND thing with it?

15. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States