RSL Player News/Rumor/Gossip Part IV

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soccerbum23

soccerbum23 Member

May 21, 2006
    Lost in Utah

He will....no worries. Ballouchy is in the portion of the citizen process that does not allow him to travel out of the country. This should be taken care of long before the team departs to Toronto in Sept.

2. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Hmmm. You don't know much about the way Immigration works, do you?...

3. jp992751

jp992751 Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Logan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It took my wife almost 2 and a half years to finally be allowed to travel outside the country. 2 and a half years!!! That is crap. She came here legally with a spousal visa and it still took that long to get everything worked out. For all we know Ballouchy papers might just be sitting in a filing cabinet until someone decides that he is bored and will take a look at them.

4. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on how long you have been married. My first wife came here on a spousal visa and she had to wait for two years before she could travel. My second wife doesn't have to wait as long for the reason that if you have been married for over two years, your spouse can skip the conditional green card BS and get a permanent green card and be able to travel immediately (as soon as she gets her green card). If not, you have to wait for two years.

5. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You would hope so, BUT the INS is another one of those monlithic guv-mint agencies for which time and space have no meaning, so don't be too certain about things being taken care of within a certain time period.

6. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
  7. Merk

Merk Member

Aug 10, 2005
    15th & 15th
    He'd better. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not interested in hearing about Tampa Bay real estate.

8. RSL Punk

RSL Punk New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    "Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired." :cool:

9. Merk

Merk Member

Aug 10, 2005
    15th & 15th
    Brass balls. Repped!

10. RealSandy

RealSandy Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Sandy
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only caught the last minute of the interview with Garlick but he did say that he thinks that RSL's FO is the best in the league and so are the fans. He said that it is the truth and he isn't just saying it to say it.

11. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    What could Garlick possibly know about RSL's FO? ... Doesn't he know that it's common knowledge on BigSoccer (and the internet pundits' universe) that RSL's FO "sucks", "is a disaster", "a trainwreck", etc.?

12. Merk

Merk Member

Aug 10, 2005
    15th & 15th
  13. RSLKamasBranch

Nov 2, 2005
    I won't judge the FO on what Garlick says any more than I'll judge them on what a BigSoccer poster says. In the end, they'll be judged on results.

Garlick isn't going to badmouth the people who extended his career and gave him a chance to keep playing while he landed his lucrative deal in commercial real estate.

14. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    No, but he's also had more interaction with the FO than practically all BS posters combined... As a player he's interacted with the FO in a different way than ANY BS poster who isn't a professional MLS player. They've determined his paycheck, influenced his daily work life, etc. Hence, you ought to put some weight into what he says... They don't pay him anymore, he's interacted with 4 other FO's, and when he says this is the best one so far, I believe him. He's moving out of state for his new job in a completely new industry so it's not like he's worried about kissing anyone's butt at RSL.

If he really thought they were mediocre or no better than any other FO, he could (and probably would) say something to the effect, "It's been great working with them" or whatever. He has no motive to make the comparison. He personally gains nothing by it.

Why's it so hard for people (and fans of the team most of all) to believe that there are good people doing a good job at RSL - EVEN IF they make mistakes and stumble at times?

Seriously, when the USMNT played in Utah they complimented the fans. I'm not surprised, I've watched other teams on TV and OTHER THAN the supporters groups, no one seems as interested in the game as the general RSL fans. I've heard many players (including Mathis AFTER he got booted from RSL) only have complimentary things to say about the FO. If they don't like it, they might not rip on it, but they simply won't say anything.

15. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our supporter's groups are a few years away from having the kind of numbers and legacy that some of the other teams have. But our overall fan base has been described over and over as "intelligent" and "understanding the game" more than other cities. I can't wait until the day when the RSL supporters groups can rival those in Chicago, DC, etc. That'll be awesome.

16. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could you give us a little background about what he meant here for those of us who can't listen to the whole thign? Thanks...

17. Merk

Merk Member

Aug 10, 2005
    15th & 15th
    It's Alec Baldwin's line from the movie (well actually it was a play first) Glengarry Glen Ross.

Baldwin plays the guy sent in from the main office to give a pep talk to the salesman.

18. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    RSLFM's report from Madrid listed a dude named Kipre on the roster. Who is this? Did we draft him? Is he a new trialist? Sorry if I missed something here.

19. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Trialist from France...

20. RedDevil013

RedDevil013 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he was from the Ivory Coast?

21. CrowdedBrain

CrowdedBrain New Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Poky
    From the Ivory Coast, currently plays in France.

22. RedDevil013

RedDevil013 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, thats where I got confused. I thought I had remembered reading Ivory Coast international... that makes more sense now.

23. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    He speaks French, right?...;)

24. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Duh- that's right. I actually made a comment about how he was small and perfect for Ellinger because he'll probably have no clue how to defend but can carry the ball.

Got it.

My netsearches yield that he played for a team in the 3rd division in France this year.

Third division. And some people here were having a fit over Lancos being brought in from the third league in Germany - at least he has a US passport and was a superdraft pick.