RSL/Metros Happy 4th of July- Pregame/In-game discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Jun 28, 2005.

1. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I beleive it finishes with *awkward silence* and not just [silence].

2. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to aosthed again.

Good analysis.

3. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls
    Does anyone have any video of Dunseth's red card :rolleyes: foul? I'd really like to see it up close. My thought is that if he hadn't picked up Razov and thrown him down just minutes earlier he probably would have just seen yellow. It still seemed like a ridiculous call.

That being said, I'm damn proud of the effort the effort the boys put forth last night. I hope Rusty won't be out long. It was nice to finally be able to say that we had him and Dunseth together in the back again. I agree with sl7vk that Trembley will likely end up in the starting xi in Brown's place. I'm not much of a Brown hater like some others, but I think Trembley has earned the spot. I thought most everyone played well (DJ, just hold onto the ball please).

On another note, and to back up what aosthed had said about the team, I went to the game with my in-laws who are from out of town and never seen a professional soccer game before, even on tv. They commented on how classy the team was and that the players interacted with the fans after the game and during the fireworks. We should be proud that we have a very classy organization. I think that goes a long way in the marketability of the club.

All in all, it was a fun game last night and a good effort by the team. We may not have the best record, but our team has put on some great shows at home.

4. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw it and remember what happened. IMO, he DID deserve a red for that one. He brutalized Gaven and made no attempt to even play the ball. I believe it was in retaliation for the no-call made moments earlier when a Metro defender punched Watson in the stomache as he ran by. The only reason that Dunseth shouldn't have gotten a red was karma. The ref missed so many calls in the first half including the blatant handball that he should've let Dunseth go with just a yellow. The officiating was horrible the first half and the ref let the game get way out of control.