RSL Gear - Where?

Discussion in 'Salt Lake Supporters Clubs' started by 4everBlowingBubbles, Nov 19, 2004.

1. 4everBlowingBubbles

4everBlowingBubbles New Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Hi,

I will be in Utah for a week in early December and want to stock up on RSL gear. Where is the best place to go? (I know this was discussed before, but I can't find the thread). Also, are the Loyalists t-shirts going to be ready by that time? If so, I would be happy to save the org some postage and pick it up myself.

2. blitzzfan

blitzzfan Member

Jul 25, 2000
    St. George, UT
    I think most Fanzz stores have some gear. They are in most malls.

But I would go to Soccer International at 3956 S. Highland Drive. 801-277-0560.

They are working closely with RSL and may have a relationship with The Loyalists in the future.

Tell them The Loyalists sent you.

The team may be set up to sell stuff in their lobby in Trolley Corners by then too.

3. ilvfutbol

ilvfutbol New Member

Mar 12, 2004
    You can also try Team Gear International (304-4209)& Scoreboard Sports(292-3500). Team Gear is located in the Fort Union Area of 7200 S. Scoreboard Sports is located in Bountiful in Colonial Square(2600 S. 509 W) and Orem by the University Mall. If I were the Loyalists I would try working something out with these stores too. Soccer International is great too

4. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    man dude

i finally got my RSL scarf...and all the other guys up here in montana did as well...

But i have to say it took a month since i put in my order...they said they were really backed up since so many peeps ordered them

I was wondering if anyone had numbers on howmany were ordered or are being sold???

I ask this cuz i know many of you have your fingers deep into the US soccer scene

5. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Soccer International has alot of shirts both red and white, long sleeve and short sleeve. unfortunately, for someone my size (2XL)I have had to look elsewhere because they only have up to large in stock. I asked about larger sizes and was assured that "someday" they will have them.

I waited a month for 2 hats and two shirts from MLS Gear... I am still waiting for 2 scarves.

I got a nice 2XL long sleeve red shirt at the expansion draft.
    The best part so far;
    I had one of my white RSL shirts signed by Jason Kreis. That was way too cool.

Is anyone else getting just a bit excited about all of this?

6. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have 1 of the MLS Gear white shirts (nice but logo is small). I also have a set of long sleeved red shirts, which I especially like. Supposedly my Scarf is finally shipping.

7. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I was in the Crossroads Mall today and headed to the Fanzz store. My Dad was in the mall the other day and he said he had noticed a RSL sign on the wall so I had to investigate.

The store is small but I still had to walk around a minute or two to be able to find the RSL stuff. They had one blue ReAL hat and about seven red RSL hats which were 14.99 each. Then they had about a dozen white t-shirts that were 15.99 each.

I'm headed in again on Tuesday to purchase a hat, I just can't decide on the blue or red. Time to fast and pray.

8. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    IMO the Red hat looks better than the Blue Hat. It has the RSL Logo instead of the name.

Soccer International has both color hats and three shirt styles. White S/S and Red L/S & S/S. I went again on Monday last week and they still had no sizes above large.

At the expansion draft they had the logo T in blue as well... has anyone seen that around anywhere else. I definitely prefer the blue to the white.

9. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    The red hat does look better than the blue but I went in today and purchased the blue one anyway. I wanted the name on the hat so that when I wear it to work people will read it and maybe ask me about it. I think with the red one that people may look at the logo and not be able to figure it out.

I will say that it is a very well made hat. The beak came curved already and it just happens to be exactly the way I like it.

Giddy up.

10. Scottt1115

Scottt1115 Member

Sep 14, 2003
    SLC, UT
    I went into a fanzz store in South Towne mall this weekend. I saw t-shirts (a couple different styles) and sweatshirts. I asked the manager if they had any RSL hats and he replied "No, we are actually sold out."
    I was somewhat surprised and replied, "Well, that's a really good sign"
    He snickered at me and said, "I guess, we only had 6 to begin with." To which I felt like slapping him. Instead, I asked him if they would be getting any more to which he said he didn't know. He then rushed off to help some old guy by like a million dollars worth of Utah football junk that you can't escape these days.

I hope we will continue to see RSL gear in (and sold out) of local retailers until they figure out that they should be buying more of it.

11. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    What an idiot. At least they sold the ones that they had, and had they had a dozen or more they probably would have sold those also. He should be happy people are at least frequenting his establishment.

Sweatshirts though huh?

I could use a new sweatshirt, I may need to investigate. Thanks.

12. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I just returned from the Fanzz at Crossroads. FYI, the manager at this location is both a fan and a broken player (torn ACL). They have the red long sleeve, the sweatshirt, the hats, the blue and white t's and youth sized t's for the wee ones.

I went a bit nuts...1 ls for me, the wife, the brother-in-law, and little t's for the kids. And they all go well with the "Inaugural Season" RSL scarf that came due to being a season-ticket holder :D .

Anyway...the manager deserves a little love...he ordered the gear (and was probably responsible for stealing the other Fanzz location's caps ;) )...

Happy shopping...

13. mckid

mckid New Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Logan, Utah
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does the sweatshirt looklike?

14. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Grey, hooded, small RSL logo on front with "ReAL Salt Lake" spelled out below. Sorry I can't be more descriptive...I was ogling the red long sleeves.

15. mckid

mckid New Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Logan, Utah
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The red long sleeves caught my eye at the name unveiling. I couldn't resist the temptation. They're are nice!

16. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Sounds good, I'll have to see if any money is left over for Papa after all the other Christmas shopping is done. There should be though, Papa can sniff out a sale from blocks away.

I could use a grey hoodie too. I can tell you that I already got asked a couple of questions at work about my Real hat and I've only worn it twice.

Lets spread the Real word I say.

17. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls
    I stopped by Team Gear at FT. Union today and they had loads of stuff. Hoodies, shirts (red, blue, white. long-sleeve, short-sleeve), Polo shirts, some designs I hadn't seen before. They had a lot of sizes as well. I don't know if this is old news, but I thought it all looked great.

I'm going to be out of town for a while, so let me wish you all a Merry Christmas. And to all of you that are travelling, be safe; we want as many fans as possible. :D

18. fatback

fatback New Member

Apr 11, 2004
    Are there any places online for us fans outside of the wasatch valley carrying RSL gear?

19. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
  20. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Well Cup covered the best online place...

but you can get scarves here now... and jerseys when they are available...

this for some reason deletes the word Onion and Bag from the link.
    Just type in onion bag without the space in the link where you see the stars.
    BS must be trying to delete the competition... shame

21. blitzzfc

blitzzfc New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    And when will we see the adidas RSL gear we've heard so much about? I'm getting antsy. Also, the red shirts are great, the hoodies are OK, and the t-shirts...well...let's wait a few months, eh?