RSL at Saprissa - CCL Semifinals Leg 2, 8 MDT [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, Mar 28, 2011.

1. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I would take the Cruz Azul result in this one:).
    Agree that RSL has to play smart and not allow the official the opportunity to impact the match with a Red Card.
    With a Mexican officiating crew, who do you think the Mexican football world would rather face Saprissa or Real Salt Lake??

2. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and thats why you're our true to form RSL homer. you provide the far end of the over the top spectrum. im not sure who provides the doom and gloom down in the dumps end of the spectrum here anymore, now the sl7vk isnt around.

3. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well im sure the mexican federation views RSL as the easier team go get through for the final (for better or worse). we certainly dont even have a minuscule fraction of the pedigree that the purple monster has. and while Rio Tinto has developed a solid reputation among those in the US, outside the US im sure teams still expect to take points off us at every opportunity. having said that, im sure the mexican boys gained a little respect after we nearly won the game in mexico city and demolished their beloved blue crosses stateside.

4. Fuerza Real

Fuerza Real New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Lion in Zion
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    The Tico media is giving RSL a lot of respect.

5. Mibabalou

Mibabalou Member

Dec 7, 2009
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NYRB fan here wishing you guys the best of luck in the 2nd leg. It's refreshing to see a MLS front office take the CCL seriously, hopefully more follow your example.

6. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4 more hours....im ddddddddyyyyyiiiinnnnggggggggggg

7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL won't be attack heavy early. They will use Javi, Espy, and Sabo to attack, but not throw numbers forward at all. The midfield, especially Kyle and Will, will be told to stay home early and if anything gets close to just put it into the next country (Kyle is pretty damn good at this).

I have the same feeling that the match will go 2-1 for Saprissa in the fashion IBIK laid out.

If we get a pk, Sabo better take it. Then he better walk back to the center cirlce with the ball in his hand and act as though he didn't care one bit who the goal was against. This is his moment to shake that "strange" feeling he had. Take it Sabo, take it. You are a Royal Army soldier, not a Purple Dragon's slave

8. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a long ass day at work. Now it's a long ass afternoon at home, then a long ass hour or so at the Republican before kickoff.

Also, Balance: I work at 6AM every day. It's a half hour commute, so my alarm goes off at 4:30 AM. Got up at 4:30 today, will do tomorrow. Real fans embrace sleep deprivation.

9. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, we already know that Seattle and the Canadian teams are on board with having a serious go at the CCL - RSL just happened to be the only team with the guns to actually do it.

10. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Want to wish you guys good luck for tonight. Hope RSL advances to the final. Once the match is over, please head to your computers for the post match show with Feuerstein's Fire on Blog Talk Radio .com

www.blogtalkradio.com/feuersteinsfire

11. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeeeaaa, how did seattles "serious go" at the CCL turn out? they put in an embarrassing effort in the CCL, thats for damn sure. i remember the sounders using less than their regular lineup several times. TFC....meh, they were never competitive because they were never good. cant blame them for the effort though.

12. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was talking more about their FO. :D Yeah, on the field it was a disaster.

13. Duiz

Duiz Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ZOMGness... I am tripping guys. This is so incredibly exhiliratingly exciting!

14. Fuerza Real

Fuerza Real New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Lion in Zion
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Anybody going to the Rio Tinto watch party?

15. Duiz

Duiz Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any score predictions yet?

Deportivo Saprissa 1-1 Real Salt Lake
    Deportivo Saprissa 3-2 Real Salt Lake

16. 3.2's

3.2's Member

Oct 22, 2007
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my prediction...pain! (and thats clubber talking about pain for saprissa, not rsl, just in case you were confused)

17. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If any of you have a link to a stream and could send it to me, I'd be eternally grateful.....

18. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you can watch for free on concacafchampions.com

19. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, she's the reason we are RSL fans. She saw the announcement on TV of the new team and said, "We're buying season tickets!" Therefore, I'm not whipped, I'm respecting the source of my fanaticism.

20. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My thoughts, precisely.

21. canyonvue

canyonvue Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    My prediction: RSL 2-0

22. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For DW, that would be a 3:30 AM wake up (Mountain Time)... but, she wants me to go ahead and watch the game. Because, she understands.

23. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If she is as big a fan as you have made out, she would be cheering at your side as RSL wins its biggest match ever.

24. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Y'all are fascinating people... LOL! Perspective!

Reality: revolution in the middle east, disaster in Japan, a jobless recovery in the US, war in Darfur, slavery on the rise around the world, pirates infesting the waters of the Horn of Africa and the South China Sea....

It's a game. I'm a fan. And, I will watch.

But, I'll never forget that it is just a distraction from the real issues and problems we face in the world. It is a child's game played by grown men wearing clothing that most would consider most appropriate as sleepwear and would look completely stupid on the street if not associated with a sports team.

25. Duiz

Duiz Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States