RSL 2024 In-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Allez RSL, Feb 20, 2024.

1. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I think that Eneli proved he can play almost anywhere and I would take him over Brody at RB but he is probably better suited in the midfield.

Bundini and RSLer repped this.
  2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’d like to see Brody and Eneli rotate at RB with Hidalgo, as well. I still don’t think any of them are at the level this team needs for the system to truly work

3. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't see a press release from the club, but Bonilla is out for the year. Maybe Eneli does end up playing more minutes at RB now.

Allez RSL and rslfanboy repped this.
  4. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    :coffee:

5. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw this tweet from Trey insinuating Kurt is our GM. Does that mean the worldwide search is over and we just promoted from within again?

6. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kurt was promoted to those roles before / as they announced the GM search. I think Trey is saying the job of GM is being managed internally right now, but will have someone fill it eventually

that’s my interpretation at least

the tweet that it started on alluding to the Minnesota situation is the same thing. It’s not like that job wasn’t being done, it just didn’t have a dedicated person. There is ample risk in that, obviously

Allez RSL, RSLer, Med_Phys and 2 others repped this.
  7. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake

Allez RSL, rslfanboy and RSLer repped this.
  8. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Poor kid. Did the injury happen in preseason? Or was he signed knowing this? Because we've already got Farnsworth....

9. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was trying to watch the STL re-play this morning and came across a short video and Twellmam mentioned Pablo got a one year extension. Has that been mentioned anywhere else?

Allez RSL repped this.
  10. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the 39th minute of the podcast Off The Crossbar (Wasatch Soccer Sentinel) the guys casually mention that Pablo didn’t communicate with Fall (they said “the GM“) regarding signings for, apparently, quite a while. Have any of y‘all heard that before? I don’t recall hearing it or seeing it in print anywhere. Anyway, if accurate, it would largely explain the disconnect we’ve discussed between player signings and the system that Pablo has run..

11. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. The team hasn’t released anything to my knowledge.

12. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    No but that makes total sense. That's what I was guessing that there was a disconnect there, especially surrounding the Moose stuff last season. Pablo playing him right after hiatus and sending him in to take the season ending/extending pk was definitely a thumb in the eye to Fall if you ask me.

Maybe not a coup but I would be willing to be wager a great deal that Pablo M and others orchestrated the Fall down fall.

It's absolutely obvious. If you watch a lot of reality tv shows. I mean come on...there is no way EF saw that coming at tribal council.

Allez RSL, Ismitje and RSLer repped this.
  13. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the time I thought, “Oh Pablo is on Moose’s side in this dust-up and feels Fall is not fulfilling a promise.“ Of course, I don’t if that’s true, but it would fit.

14. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw someone on Twitter mention that Scott Krase is on the MLS owner's committee for product strategy or something like that (the one that determines budgets and financial rules). Who is this guy and why is he the rep for RSL over Blitzer or Smith?

15. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was an article in the Athletic about the owners meeting regarding roster spending and they listed Scott Krase as a new addition to that committee. He was listed as one of the owners that is pushing to spend more on the roster. But I have no idea who he is. He's not listed on RSL's website, but this KSL article from 3/7/22 lists him as an owner, so he's been around for a bit.

Allez RSL repped this.
  16. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hunt is the chair of the committee and has doggedly fought to keep roster spending low.

17. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know he has. Trey has mentioned him frequently. He invested in Larne and then Orozco and Paul go there on loan. Seems like he has a lot of say within the club and fans know nothing about him.

18. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    In the Season Ticket Holder event he was mentioned as the guy that approves the signings or at least the spending approval.

Allez RSL and Med_Phys repped this.
  19. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    15 to 32, SenordrummeR2 and goobx1 repped this.
  20. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allez RSL repped this.
  21. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A reward for mediocrity?

It's interesting that the MLSNP teams will enter 3 rounds before MLS teams. I wonder what the roster rules are? Can the MLS team stack their MLSNP team with MLS players?

22. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @JasonMa notes the Rapids wanted their first team in the tourney, so they may look to get first teamers onto the USL-C team.

goobx1 repped this.
  23. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can understand MLS teams competing in Champions Cup skipping the tourney due to MLS' manufactured schedule congestion (yes, I loved Leagues Cup last year and will watch it again this year), but it's silly not to include the rest of the league especially if a team wants to play in the tourney.

acima and Allez RSL repped this.
  24. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

25. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is getting ridiculous. Need more media getting this info out there.

RSLer repped this.