RSL 2020 Season Phase 1.1

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Aug 17, 2020.

1. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we just lost the cup.

2. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should get 5 minutes of extra time.

3. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about none? I want none.

rslfanboy, Lizzie Bee and RSLer repped this.
  4. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the guy simply dribbles from midfield to the goalies box without being challenged. It’s one of the worst performances in club history.

5. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too.

6. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you can't even leave your seat until the stadium staff dismiss you. Hopefully it's a pleasant evening there.

7. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fisticuffs after the game. The cherry on a great heaping pile of ****

8. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can let us know what Everton Luiz is doing. It's foolish whatever it is.

RSLer repped this.
  9. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other side of the field and it was hard to see tbh.

10. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually it has been a nice evening after the sun went behind the mountain.

11. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this the worst home loss in club history. 0-5?

12. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

13. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Didn't catch the whole game thankfully. Ended up going to dinner with friends.

Turned it on right as Crapids went up 3-0.

Don't know how Dunny can say this isn't on Freddy and is all on the team. Its mostly on the guys watching instead of playing tonight but this team wasn't ready tonight and never adjusted, from what I saw, to the game. Some of that has to be on the coach.

14. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a decent coach will tell you that (assuming if they believe in their players and their abilities) all wins are created by the players and losses are almost always on the coaching staff and their guidance. I don't know how you lose 5-0 and say it isn't the coaching staff. I didn't watch - I thought the trend of scoring 4 goals would stay, my bad - but that score line and timing of the goals reflects a coaching staff that gave some horrendous guidance.

Honestly, a result like this should seriously call into question the coach. I'm not saying full blown Freddy Out, but this is simply unacceptable. Stepping back and looking at the 6 game stretch: 8 points in 6 matches is not good. 2-2-2 while giving up a billion goals (ok actually just 16) is unacceptable. I don't care that we scored a lot (actually it was 13, so barely over 2 goals a game), to only have a single clean sheet through the 6 games is insane. An average GA of over 3!? that's not a recipe to win any games. If you're seriously so limited as a coach that you can't both adjust the offensive end of the game and continue to play something resembling defense... well you're just not this level coach.

Anything less than 6 points over the next 3 game stretch and Freddy should be on the hot seat. And if Puebla watches these sporadic performances and thinks Freddy is really who they want, PLEASE relieve us of his coaching duties.

goobx1 repped this.
  15. boris9678

boris9678 Member+

RSL
    United States
    Apr 30, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    My attitude is to blame.

Saturday games are Sunday morning for me. I decided this week that we would go downtown for a nice breakfast, bookstore trip, etc.. instead of watching the game. I figured it was the first in a while that was a foregone conclusion. The struggling Rapids at the RioT. No stress. No problem. Right?!

Whether it was the players or the coaching staff some of them were all mentally brunching with me this morning and didn't feel like this game needed much attention. It did. They all do.

My breakfast was delicious...just barely not ruining by checking the scoreline on my phone.

16. SpiffCoug

SpiffCoug Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Orem, Ut
    I’m done with the 2020 season and this year’s team. I’ve been a season holder every season since the inaugural year. I’ve never left a game early.

I did yesterday. The team came out and wasn’t ready to play. The first goal didn’t wake them up. The second goal didn’t wake them up. They were rarely dangerous or even attempting to go forward in attack. There was no effort. No heart.

The third goal was a joke and my boys and I immediately got up and left after the fourth.
    Yet again it seemed the team just gave up and went through the motions to finish the game.

They don’t want to play. I’m not going to watch in person. I’ll be back in the stadium in 2021. But I’m rolling over the remainder of my seats to next season.

17. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's weird about them rolling over last night is how hard they played in impossible situations just a couple of weeks ago.

15 to 32 and JLaw repped this.
  18. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I'm fine to ride out the Freddy train for 2020. This is pretty much a throw-away year anyway.

I don't think we'll be changing too much staff before a sale is finalized. Who would join before new ownership took over?

There isn't much to hope for the rest of the year. That's OK. EMBRATSU! Maybe this team will take shape come 2022.

I'll be frustrated if we change coaching/GM staff in May after new ownership initially makes public statements standing behind them.

19. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    The last thing new owners should do would be to make any public statements supporting The current coaching staff. That would be ridiculous.

I get not letting Freddy go right now because why add to the confusion and things are a bit crazy. In a normal regular situation i sincerely doubt Freddy could create results to justify him staying head coach.

The crazy times could actually help Freddy by giving him more time to figure out how to get RSL on track.

I sincerely doubt he can.

If new owners are smart they will rebuild this organization from the ground up and clean house.

20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Updated RMC Stats:

Records

Overall (W-D-L) Real lead 22-11-14, 69 GF, 48 GA

Games in Colorado Rapids lead, 10-5-8, 28 GF, 31 GA

Games in Utah Real lead 14-6-4, 38 GF, 20 GA

Margin of Victory, Real 6 Rapids 0 : 6 Real, 2018-08-25

Margin of Victory, Rapids 5 Rapids 5 : 0 Real, 2020-09-12

Scoring, Career

Total Goals, combined 7 Plata

Goals, Real 7 Plata

Goals, Rapids 3 Casey, Cummings

Assists, combined 5 Plata

Assists, Real 5 Plata

Assists, Rapids 3 Cooke

Scoring, Single Season

Goals, Real 3 Cunningham (2006), Morales (2014), Kreilach (2018), Plata (2018)

Goals, Rapids 2 Ben Dayan (2005), Hernandez (2006), D.Brown (2013), Gatt (2017), Rubio (2020)

Penalty Kicks

2006 Game 1 Cunningham

2006 Game 3 Cunningham

2008 Game 1 C. Gomez

2010 Game 2 Saborio

2013 Game 3 Saborio

2014 Game 1 Morales

2017 Game 1 Movsisyan

2017 Game 2 Silva

2018 Game 1 Plata

2018 Game 2 McBean

2019 Game 1 Rusnak

2019 Game 2 Plata

Goalkeeping

GAA, Rapids 0.86 Coundoul (Minimum 5 apps)

GAA, Real 0.72 Rimando (Minimum 5 apps)

Shutouts, Rapids 3 Cannon, Pickens

Shutouts, Real 12 Rimando

Shutout minutes, consecutive, Real 331 2007 Game 2 through 2008 Game 1

Shutout minutes, consecutive, Rapids 438 2010 Game 2 through 2012 Game 3

Appearances

Appearances, combined 37 Beckerman (10 Rapids, 27 Real)

Appearances, Rapids 14 Cooke, Cummings, Mastroeni, Moor

Appearances, Real 31 Rimando

Starts, combined 36 Beckerman (10 Rapids, 26 Real)

Starts, Rapids 14 Mastroeni, Moor

Starts, Real 31 Rimando

Minutes, combined 3245 Beckerman (871 Rapids, 2374 Real)

Minutes, Rapids 1260 Moor

Minutes, Real 2735 Rimando

Appearing in RMC for both teams Ballouchy, Beckerman, Borchers, Cunningham, Gil, Harris, Kotschau, Mathis, Warner, Wingert

RMC Titles Won 12 Beckerman

RMC Titles Lost 6 Casey, Cummings, Mastroeni

Discipline

Ejections, Rapids 1 Boateng, Denton, Gordon, Howard, Jackson, Kamara, Watts

Ejections, Real 1 Acosta, Russell, Olave, Harris, Sequera, Jaime, Martinez, Maund, Cassar (HC)

Cautions, total 9 Beckerman (3 Rapids, 6 Real)

Cautions, Rapids 4 Burling, Freeman

Cautions, Real 7 Beckerman

Most cards, single game, combined 10 August 8, 2006 (6 Rapids, 4 Real; 8 yellow, 2 red)

Most cards, single game, Rapids 6 August 8, 2006 (5 yellow, 1 red)

Most cards, single game, Real 4 5 times (4 times 3 yellow 1 red, 1 time 4 yellow)

Most consecutive games with a card, Rapids 4 Burling

Most consecutive games with a card, Real 3 Espindola

2nd Mouse, 15 to 32 and SpiffCoug repped this.
  21. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too soon, JMa

22. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, it includes both games, so its got the stats from your 4-1 win as well.

23. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toia isn't the best left back in the league, but last night he was the worst, which is below his level. I have harped on the lack of outside back options on this team and want to do so again: Toia needed to rest, but there's no one to take his place. What's the deal with having Alvin Jones on the roster, and having Ashtone Morgan . . . somewhere - why bother? Morgan may be loaned out owing to FO mismanagement of the roster so he isn't an option, but Jones isn't on the gameday roster from a coaching decision. (Of course, if he's just not good enough, that isn't on Freddy unless he asked for him to be signed from the USL specifically.)

24. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Maybe they rubbed DLH or Carroll the wrong way (or vis-versa)? Just spit-balling. I find it inexplicable too.

25. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey, I know we threw out the MiB game because it wasn't at either of the stadiums. But it doesn't seem fair that you guys didn't have fans and we did. We shouldn't get an advantage like that. lets just base the cup on the game at your place? ok, cool. Thanks.