News: RSL 2019 Season News

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by kirsoccer, Mar 1, 2019.

1. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only basketball I’ve ever really enjoyed watching has been March Madness. I loved playing the game but hate watching it for the most part. I’ve attended 3 Jazz games in 30 years when I’ve been given tickets. In one of them I worked myself down to the lower bowl in the 2nd half and enjoyed it from that vantage point.

goobx1 and El-ahrairah repped this.
  2. jessyca

jessyca Member

Jun 8, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It might make me a terrible RSL fan, but I've had a helluva lot more fun watching the Jazz the last few seasons than RSL. [emoji2369]

The Jazz actually have a team with cohesion and a consistent identity.

Allez RSL repped this.
  3. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and yet they still aren't going to even compete for a top 3 spot in the West.

4. wrennywren

wrennywren Member

Jul 15, 2004
    San Antonio TX
    Except they probably are....

Go RSL! Go Jazz!

Ender16 and jessyca repped this.
  5. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    RSL hosting PTFC on Sat, 10/19 at 8pm

rslfanboy, Allez RSL and 15 to 32 repped this.
  6. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard the same thing before the 2018/19 season. I'll believe it when I see it

7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unfortunately not included in the STH package. Instead we get a ticket to the last Royals game and got to watch LAFC thrash us in the Open Cup. I understand it from a business sense, but it still stings to not get a playoff game like we used to.

goobx1 and RSLer repped this.
  8. PattysCow

PattysCow Member+

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Yeah I was just going to chime in to mention that my Jazz fan friends have been saying this for close to 10 years straight now.

15 to 32 and goobx1 repped this.
  9. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The key point here is Gail and Co. Gail has done a really good job at stepping back and letting her employees do their job. Larry, on the other hand, was much more hands on, similar to DLH. I remember watching Larry on the sideline screaming at players (particularly Kirilenko) when their performance was lacking. DLH needs to take management pointers from Gail, not Larry.

Allez RSL and goobx1 repped this.
  10. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I grew up a die hard basketball fan and found every minute to play and watch when I was a kid. Obviously I was a better watcher than player but I could regale you with some epic church ball moments. LOL.

I can't watch the NBA in more than 10 or 15 minute increments and a little more for college ball. In the NBA they don't call enough fouls or violations and in college they call too damn many.

Just glad I converted to football.

For the Jazz I do admire the way they are building their team and how they operate. Dear Leader could definitely take some very solid cues from Gail and Co. in how to rebuild RSL.

I'm not keen on the Jazz ever winning a title because then you can't tell their fans if they want to see what a championship trophy looks like they can come by the RioT.

11. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so... to try and get this on track, we need DLH to pass away and for the beneficiary of his assets to be like Gail and humble enough to realize they can't do this?

This sucks

JLaw repped this.
  12. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you don't have a lot of faith that anything will come of Monson's suggestion?

"It can be fixed, as long as Hansen humbles himself..."

RSLer, SenordrummeR2 and rslfanboy repped this.
  13. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    old dogs and new tricks

14. irondeepbicycle

irondeepbicycle Member+

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jul 31, 2017
    It's very interesting to me that our FO is a disaster by all accounts and we have more internal drama than any other club, but also... the team isn't bad? 6th in the overall table, 3rd in the conference, 53 points and a home playoff game? That's a successful season by any standard, much better than I expected for the year. It's the best season we've had since Lagerway left.

I've seen some people give Waibel a lot of credit for this, and he deserves some for sure, but many of our best signings most recently required significant investment from Dell Loy. Would we have any of Kreilach, Rusnak, or Everton without DLH shelling out for DP/TAM money?

Soo... are things really that hopeless with DLH around?

15. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    If that's what it takes.

Just kidding.

I think Dell Loy can get if figured out. Why not?

I really don't care how they do it or who they emulate as long as it gets figured out. The Jazz seem to have a plan that is working, to a certain extent, and may be able to generate a title run if not for the strength of the other teams in the West.

I would hope that Dear Leader is capable of creating an FO that can keep RSL consistently in the top 4 in the west and capable of winning a title now and again.

Well, maybe you're right. What's Dell Loys' wifes name?

16. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    credit needs to be given to each, for sure. The way things are shaping up, though, I'm not overly optimistic about next season. Dunny made a really interesting comment on this on the national Decision Day Braodcast on ESPN. If you didn't know the circumstances at RSL you probably wouldn't have thought anything of it. I don't have the exact quote, but he stated that "despite everything going on around them, the players at RSL came together and put together a good season by all standards".

Felt, IMO, like saying the players were successful despite all the other factors. Including ownership, coaching, front office, etc

RSLer and goobx1 repped this.
  17. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how bad it actually is. Are Petke's comments in the lawsuit accurate, or is this a feeling by a few that is being broadcast publicly due to Petke's lawsuit?

rslfanboy, irondeepbicycle and Allez RSL repped this.
  18. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I no has twitter anymore (something I highly recommend). What is this?

19. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    Someone asked Andy, "Genuinely asking from the inside perspective. It seems from the outside there has been internal chaos but i wonder if it’s being seen differently from the inside," to which he replied, "100%."

20. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    uh... which one is "100%"?

21. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read that as Andy is saying all of the chaos being seen by outside sources is viewed differently by the guys working for the FO.

RSLer and 15 to 32 repped this.
  22. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Andy is the king of being clearly unclear on Twitter. :ROFLMAO:

Todorojo, georg and SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  23. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I no has twitter anymore? What are you, a cat?

[​IMG]

24. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find it shocking that a highly ranked employee would publicly post a tweet that appears to support the FO.

25. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    What year is it?