RPI Update goes live 7/31/19

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by gauchodan, Jul 30, 2019.

1. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    GauchoDan: just to confirm. The RPI is no longer updated during the NCAA Championship rounds.
    The calculations are stopped at the end of the conference games: am I right?

If yes, is it right? Because the value of these results could be considered as higher vs. some matches of the "regular" season.

2. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Sorry if I misunderstood, but if the question underlying your question is whether Maryland is considered the champions of college soccer until a new champion is crowned, the answer is yes.

Sandon Mibut and OverseasView repped this.
  3. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    I don't think there is any point to updating the numbers after the tournament selection has been made.

4. SBZipfan

SBZipfan Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Santa Barbara, CA
    I'm 99% sure that GauchoDan's RPI numbers do not update with NCAA tournament games.

5. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    My RPI numbers do not update once the selections are made. The NCAA has, in the past, released an updated RPI once the post-season is completed, which makes no sense to me.

SBZipfan and TimB4Last repped this.
  6. Terrier1966

Terrier1966 Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Anyone familiar with a college soccer database that would allow one of us to extract some data for analysis? Looking for team by team statistics to compare teams within a conference over a period of years