RPI Update goes live 7/31/19

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by gauchodan, Jul 30, 2019.

1. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    The 2019 version of rpiupdatemenssoccer.blogspot.com goes live on 7/31/19 at 12:30 am Pacific Daylight Time. That's 3:30 am on the East Coast, and 9:30 am in Overseas View's neck of the woods.

I have built a database of 1,758 games, with four schools yet to release their schedules (Jacksonville, UIC, UNCG and Gonzaga). There are 11 date conflicts, which I have temporarily resolved in the home team's favor. A game date just got changed today...Temple moved up its opener with Rutgers to August 29, due to a change in the NCAA rule on the opening of the season (?). If this is a thing, we could see a lot more games moved between now and the start of the season.

During the season, all final scores will be tweeted via my Twitter handle @RpiUpdate. If you already follow me, you probably noticed a lot of college baseball scores (I also track baseball RPI at rpiupdatebaseball.blogspot.com) during the spring and early summer.

If anyone cares, at the same time my college football (dcindex-cgrid.blogspot.com) and NFL (dcindex-pgrid.blogspot.com) websites go live. Final scores will be tweeted at @DCI_DC2. I also cover pro hockey (dcindex-ppuck.blogspot.com), pro basketball (dcindex-phoop.blogspot.com) and college basketball (dcindex-choop.blogspot.com).

Zamphyr, OverseasView, espola and 4 others repped this.
  2. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    UNCG hired a new coach yesterday (Duke assistant Chris Rich), and their schedule has now been posted. No new games. Three schools remain: J'ville, UIC and the Zags.

3. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Welcome back GauchoDan. Your post and your updated site are the swallows that officially announce that we can open a new season's discussion about the east coast bias ;) I was missing it...:geek:

fknbuflobo and gauchodan repped this.
  4. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    Jacksonville announced its schedule today. We are waiting on UIC and Gonzaga.

5. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Here is Gonzaga's schedule. https://gozags.com/schedule.aspx?path=msoc

Dan - Thanks for putting this together. I can't recall, will I be able to view all the matches for a particular day at some point in the season?

6. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    Only for game day, and past game days. At this point, I do not have the website built to do future game days (beyond the next one).

OverseasView and JoeSoccerFan repped this.
  7. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    UIC finally announces. No additions/subtractions. The schedule is complete, although there are some discrepancies that will work themselves out.

8. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    GD - Not sure how you get updates, MD schedule updates from twitter today and on MD website,

Opening match against USF, moved from 8/30 to 8/29 from 7pm to 8pm, respectively.
    Gtown match moved from Gtown to MD and time moved from 1pm to 7pm.

gauchodan repped this.
  9. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bonjour GauchoDan.
    I was trying to review the RPI rankings for previous years. Difficult to find.
    Could you let us know how to find them: for ex for 2018 or 2017?.
    Merci beaucoup (thank you very much).
    Take care

10. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    So tonight Virginia hosts George Washington.

UVa is currently No. 1 in the RPI while GW is 205... out of 206 D-I men's teams.

It got me wondering, Dan, has there ever been a greater gap in RPI ranking between two teams playing each other since you started tracking and updating the RPI?

11. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    That seems pretty hard to beat.

12. LargeGuyBobby

LargeGuyBobby New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Oct 7, 2019
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had to make a new acct for some reason couldn't open my old. But I'm back!

13. WesternWillie

WesternWillie Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GD, The Air Force vs Cal Baptist game was moved up to last night due to potential weather today and Cal Baptist won 2-1 in OT.

gauchodan and TimB4Last repped this.
  14. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Big surprise, isn't it?

15. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
  16. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
  17. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    It took me all day to figure out the difference between my numbers and the NCAA's. They are doing a home/away adjustment on the winning percentage, which they have never done before for men's soccer. I'm guessing it's a mistake, and they'll fix it. I've been in e-mail contact with them, and I let them know what I discovered. Pending their response, I'll keep my numbers the way they are.

TimB4Last repped this.
  18. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    Until we get aligned, I can't check the bonuses...although a spot check indicated they didn't change anything there.

JoeSoccerFan, OverseasView and TimB4Last repped this.
  19. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I'm sending you rep in lieu of a bonus check. Thank you!

20. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    I just got an answer back from the NCAA. They inadvertently left the home/away option "on" after pre-release testing. I don't know if they'll re-release or just wait until next week.

21. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    Gaucho Dan > NCAA!!!

OverseasView repped this.
  22. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    Today's release (10/21) matches my calculations perfectly.

23. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Now, Gaucho Dan = NCAA :D

But, I still prefer GD!

24. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Nope, MC GD is better. He was right before them. They corrected, didn't they?