Rowdies/Mutiny where are they now?

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Bluesfan, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jefferson Gottardi passed away in 2003.

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    goltv on dishnetwork has the farewell game on sunday at 7pm - tomorrow

3. BigJohn

BigJohn Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck to familiar face Jorge Salcedo, who replaces Tom Fitzgerald as head coach of UCLA

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    carlos JR...at 16 yrs of age, from his High school in tampa to a try out period with the lower divisions of Boca Jrs....

as daddy does?

5. BigJohn

BigJohn Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Galderisi heart attack

Galderisi recovering after surgery
    Tuesday, 20 January 2004
    The former Juventus FC and Hellas Verona FC forward Giuseppe Galderisi was declared out of danger today, 24 hours after undergoing heart surgery.

Ten caps
    Galderisi, 40, suffered a heart attack yesterday night and remains in intensive care in hospital in Padua. 'Nanu' Galderisi, who was capped ten times by Italy in the 1980s, twice won the Scudetto with Juventus in 1980/81 and 1981/82.

http://www.uefa.com/footballcentral/news/Kind=2/newsId=139175.html

6. BigJohn

BigJohn Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. BigJohn

BigJohn Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Derek Backman 1996-1997 Mutiny, Currently coached the Hernando Heat soccer club.
    http://www.hernandotoday.com/sports/MGA2KGQN5QD.html

Cle Kooiman 1996-1997 Mutiny, Currently asst coach of the USMNT U20 with Thomas Rongen former 1996 Mutiny coach. Saw him at IMG during MLS preseason training the U20's

John Diffley 1996 Mutiny, Currently Senior Associate Athletic Director at St. John's
    http://www.redstormsports.com/pls/portal30/sportdev.redstormsports.press_release?p_id=3092

Diego Viera 1996 Mutiny, Possibly resides in Tampa Bay area. Instructing a soccer camp in Tarpon Springs 1-4 June,2004
    http://www.coerversoutheastusa.com/campschedules.html

8. BigJohn

BigJohn Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    hi big John.... thanks a zillion man

do not go away... keep it up!

not surprised with pepe news, the guy was hipper and wired on his temperament! remember the finger and challange at RJS at Pibe's face, on his way out of the field!?

can not recall much of Diffley... can you elaborate on him?

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    WHERE is he now?

11. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001
  12. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001
  13. BigJohn

BigJohn Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Galderisi - Heart Attack Followup

Galderisi appears to have recovered from his heart attack.

(COMFORTS) GALDERISI: 2 MONTHS AFTER INFARCT, NEW TRAINER GUB

(COMFORTS) - Gubbio, 23 mar. - Two months after to have been hit from an infarct, Giuseppe Galderisi returns in the world of soccer: he is in fact from today the new technician of the Gubbio, square who supports currently in girone the B of C2 series. Galderisi, than the slid season it had been on the park bench of the Giulianova, takes the place of Cannito and already today it will direct the first training. "Nanu", this the nickname with which is known, has 40 years: it had been hit from an infarct for which to the beginning a tie with the doping had been afraid. Hypothesis later on excluded from the cardiologist, Sabino Iliceto, that the life to the former forward of Verona and Juventus has saved. The same player had then indicated in the smoke the probable cause of the cardiac attack. -

http://translate.google.com/transla...isi&start=20&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N

14. BigJohn

BigJohn Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Reported already last 26 Feb post. Thanx anyways! Great to know what happened to ex palyers. Hope to get more info on other players when I get the time.

15. eugene

eugene New Member

Feb 24, 2000
    new jersey, usa
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here's a blast from the past...what ever happened to stewart scullion? and didn't the goalie arnie mauzer also play for the rowdies?

one thing i did not like about the rowdies was, in their desire to create a "family atmosphere" in their stadium, they would play that %$^^# theme song of their's over and over and over during the game! "oh the rowdies, o the rowdies"...something like that. :-(

16. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001
    I loved that song! Anyone have an MP3 or a tape of the whole Rowdies song? I would LOVE to have a copy.

17. McCheese

McCheese New Member

Jan 20, 2001
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody know what happened to Ali Curtis & Devin Barclay? Last I heard they were at Dallas/Columbus respectively, but I don't see em on the rosters now.

18. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Crew Substitutes Not Used: Devin Barclay, Matt Jordan, Manny Lagos, Erick Scott, Jake Traeger, Chris Wingert.

I'm not sure about Curtis.

19. BigJohn

BigJohn Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Bertico84

Bertico84 New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Tampa
    Where did Roy Lassiter go?

21. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he's gone anywhere yet. The Virginia Beach Mariners don't want him back as a player, but were supposedly trying to come up with another position (coaching or front office or whatnot) for him. I don't know if they ever did.

BTW, Rowdies fans - I have uncovered some pieces of the old Rowdies song, and you can download and listen to them here.

22. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001
    WOW!! Kenn... So Cool! Thanks!! :)

23. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Here is an update on a second generation Rowdie. Bryce Wegerle, son of Steve, scored a pair of goals this past weekend in two matches for Cocoa Expos in the PDL. Bryce went to Gaither HS and was highly touted in this area. He played for a second (or third) rate Italian club for awhile before moving on to Britain. I guess he couldn't secure a gig in England or Scotland, so he has ended up in the USL.

Good to see him maintain his scoring ways even if it is with an amateur club. I would reckon this move is just to give him some action before going back to Europe next fall to once again find a job.

24. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is listed as playing and coaching a possible fake team called the Austin Posse. http://www.austinposse.com

25. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001