Round two: USOC Miami v. Charleston 6-16 (R)

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Boys take on a resurging Miami FC at Tropicana Park Tuesday at 8pm.

Both teams have had a pretty hectic schedule right now with Miami having played on Sunday night.

We know the Battery take the competition serious so I expect a pretty strong side to take the field tomorrow.

Miami has been a Dr. Jeckel Mr. Hyde team so far. They having done well in this competition historically but they out bid the Battery for the rights to host this round, and with Chivas USA as the next round opponent, I imagine they will want to fair well.

Unfortunatley, no one but the 500 fans that will go to the match will get to see the match. There is no USLlive coverage of the match. and as I understand it, the broadcast deal the Battery has with 1450AM doesnt include the USOC matches.

the only way to get updates (short of flying down tomorrow $480 RT is the cheapest I could find and that was with an 8 hour layover in Atlanta!) is via a live blog and twitter updates via www.usopencup.com

I think it is about an 8 hour drive to the Miami area so if someone drives down in the AM and want to call or send me text messages let, me know!

2. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    Im still trying to figure out how Miami outbid the Battery and how they can bring at least 1 camera to the game. It'll be nerveracking watching the twitter updates and it sucks we have to resort to that.

3. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    thanks for keeping us updated, great job mikey! :cool:

4. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck tonight.

I am not a fan of Miami ... or their silly soccer team ;)

And any team with Diego Serna deserves to be ridiculed, then beaten, then ridiculed some more. Dirty, nasty, diving bastard.

The US Open Cup has a horrible track record of being available in any way, radio, TV, matchtracker - anything. Until the semi-finals at least, often the only game people can watch or listen to is the Final - and they want to know why no one gets excited about it :rolleyes:

all those SUM assets just sitting there going to waste when they could be used to at least show this entire tournament on the web. Poor management for such a great tournament rich in history and very exciting to follow (I assume, if one could actually follow it).

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking this morning and I have been extremely lucky over the last 10 years to have a club that has been easy to follow.

before the USLlive, the Battery was producing its own video online albeit for home games but it was nice to come back and watch it again or if i was following from afar, to watch the game. Even before that, all the away games were available on an audio webcast. I think this is the first game in about 10 years I havent had an option of some type.

oh well I guess I get to see how other supporters have felt for many years!

7. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't USLive agree to broadcasting games for USOC?

8. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USLlive will show it but it is up to the indivdual clubs to get the camera crews and the broadcaster.

Sadly I guess Miami didnt want to spend the money (they still havent responded to anyones email as far as I know)

9. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And likely won't. What a pisser.

10. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston

I asked a couple people on the Miami board...mainly all they really said was they were broke. Guess all that advertising during international matches in Costa Rica got expensive But the 5 people on the board said they will be there....so that makes tonight's game attendance at 5 so far.

Anyone wanna make a pool on the attendance? lol

11. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @WhiteStarWarriors......exactly how do you come about acquiring a BS Yellow Card? :D Just curious.....and what would you have to do to acquire a Red?

I've seen this a couple of times, but never knew what it was all about....

12. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    Charleston up 1-0

65th minute....converted penalty kick

13. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FT battery 1-0 Hope to see some reports soon

Mikey

14. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    Yay! Good job. :)

16. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good, solid, steady effort from this club every single match.

The short turnaround over the next several days will be a test, but hopefully some of the bodies that recently returned to fitness can continue to provide a spark.

17. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    opps noticed I posted this in the wrong forum

found the starting line up from last night match

CHARLESTON BATTERY

Goalkeeper: Dusty Hudock

Defenders: Nelson Akwari, Matt Bobo, Frankie Sanfilippo, John Wilson

Midfielders: Scott Buete, Ian Fuller, Kenji Treschuk, Tyler Hemming, Darren Spicer

Forward: Dan Antoniuk

They have it as a 4-5-1 but usually spicer plays up top for a 4-4-2. I could see Auggie having Spicer slip back to congest the midfield.

18. Theonefish

Theonefish Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Greenville SC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to get the win down there. Wish we could have seen it.

Chivas has Superliga coming up this weekend, so fixture congestion may become an issue with them if they want to keep their record in the league, so we may get a squad of mostly reserves.