Round 4: FC Porto vs Vitória FC

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by Chacal, Sep 8, 2011.

1. PortoDragons

PortoDragons Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Wow, apparently I just missed a 2nd goal as well. :mad:

Looks like James scored it.

2-0, '78 minute

Looks like the 3 points is in the bag

2. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    unreal, like that guti to benzema goal a year and a half ago

3. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, can't wait to see the highlights.

Looks like Belluschi added a 3rd to finish the scoring.

Bring on WAXTAP Donetsk lol.

4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    All good goals but it looked like there was 2 horrendous folds leading up to Moutinho's goal. Nonetheless, dominating victory.

5. PortoDragons

PortoDragons Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Just watched the highlights.

All 3 nice finishes but wow, the whole play for the 2nd goal (James' goal) was gorgeous.

6. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I figured Hulk would of went for the bomba kick but his pass was out of this world. Only top players could even think of pulling that pass.

7. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Haha, nice. Do Russians or Ukranians use numbers to write Cyrillic characters using latin ones, like Bulgarians do? They would write 6ahtar with 6 for the 'sh' character, for example.

8. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nice game. We were very dominant, and this could have easily been 6 goals. Still, it was all a bit chaotic up front, players were all over the place. Some thoughts:

- James is in a beastly form, especially passing.
    - Defour looked good, again! Great buy. Still finding his position in the field, but he already reads the game well and passes excellently.
    - Maicon is a liability and C.Rodriguez was woeful. Very involved, but all the plays seem to die with him. Fucile...still prone to the random mistake, I much prefer Sapu.
    - Hulk looked a bit too cocky sometimes, or was it just me who thought this? He needs his head on his shoulders. Still, 2 assists in a few minutes, can't argue with that.

9. PortoDragons

PortoDragons Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I think Defour was a good buy to give Moutinho a break sometimes. Let's be honest, Moutinho and Guarin are two COMPLETELY different players. Belluschi is very similar to Guarin IMO, and last year we didn't have an alternative for Moutinho who played every game and I believe played a full 90 in all but one. Defour will give him a breather from time to time.

10. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Yeah, Hulk always starts the season thinking he the greatest player on earth but then after a few games, he settles down and realizes he has teammates :D
    But his assists were amazing.