Round 27: FC Porto vs Sporting

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by Chacal, Apr 15, 2011.

1. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    hahaha:D

by their accounts the real champion of the Liga Sagres this year was Portimonense...they were such a big club that they felt it necessary to drop a division because they were clearly too good for the top flight...and the best performing Portuguese club in Europe out of Braga, benfica, Porto and Sporting was clearly Sporting...they were about to qualify until they realized that they were so good that they allowed Rangers to score in the last minute...again in the Alvalade...theatre of horror...or greatness...depending on how you look at it: through normal eyes or green tinted ones where with every loss that your club takes on, the greater it becomes

2. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    with reason bud. not saying sporting deserves the win by any means. But the ref was looking right at rolando.

regardless, i good game to watch with action on both sides, and patricio making some nice saves, and falcao just a beast on the field. he has a deadly header!!

i tie should've been the fair result.

regardles, congrats on the win.

3. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    There is no point arguing with you. Being a Sporting fan and what it means, the feelings, what this club represents and explaining why teams like Sporting, Barcelona, New York Yankees, Toronto Maple Leafs, Dallas Cowboys are big clubs while your portos, toronto raptors, nashville predators and LA Clippers of this world arent. its something difficult to put into simple words that the average Portista or Benfiquista could comprehend. Better to move on and forget. Wins and losses come and go, we were once a winning team and we will be a winning team once again.

with Portugal in a lamentable state currently, it is only natural and perhaps fitting that its biggest and most glorious sports institution suffers difficult times. but better days lay ahead for the nation of Portugal, and its beloved Namorada - O NOSSO GRANDE SPORTING

since I am a Sporting fan I will show class and respect and say Congratulations to FC Porto for defeating us 3-2 and being League champions.

4. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Honestly, i didn't care if Porto won or lost this one. i really don't care much for this unbeaten crap. I was impressed with Rui Patricio. It was like shooting practice on him and he came up with huge saves. His defenders didn't help him at all with the non existing marking on Falcao.

5. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Did you just lump Toronto Maple Leafs as a big club?? :D Crappy franchise who doesn't believe in making the playoffs :D

Anyways, enough Z, some of the members that don't know your style might be losing sleep over your posts. :p

6. PortoDragons

PortoDragons Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Honestly, I have no idea how the ref didn't catch that hand ball. It was as blatant as a hand ball gets. As a huge Porto supporter, I'm glad we got the win. But I have nothing against Sporting (it's Benfica I hate lol).

I will say this... Sporting played a very good game and should have been awarded that penalty and deserved a tie result in the end.

7. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    because the clippers raptor & predators have 25 championships?
    porto dominated the game and desrved the 3. sporting got a goal off a deflection, a 2nd once porto thought it was over, and avoided falcaos post. was it a hand ball ? obviously but it wasn't intentional youo don't want to see a result changed because he didn't have the thought to fall down right.

i was really impressed with the sporting keeper tho and i like yannick

8. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    amen to that lol. i agree 100% with you, the ref was looking right at rolando when that happened, why he did not call it, i guess nobody will ever know.
    like i said in a previous post the 3-3 tie should've been the final result with both teams going home happy.

not that don't care about the win, if i was a porto fan i would want my team to finsih undefeated. if you've come this far, might aswell try and complete it. it's nice to go down in history.
    you're right, SCP defenders were out to lunch. Patricio for sporting and falcao for porto were beasts on the pitch yesterday. if it wasn't for patricio, could've been a 5-0 score.;)

i wouldn't say porto dominated the game by any means. did porto have more chances? yes. patriciio came up big.

9. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not everyone agrees it's a penalty, though. Here Pedro Henriques, a professional referee, defends the decision. He also notes that the ref repeatedly said "I saw it", which means the decision was a question of interpretation and he interpreted it as involuntary.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z03aEixnD5o"]YouTube - Rolando fez penalty ?? FC Porto - Sporting Jornada 27 17/04/11[/ame]

Edit - For the record, I think it's a penalty, just that it was not as clear as day as some people are making it be. For a ref to judge about intention in a situation where the player slips and everything happens in under a second is tough, I understand him not calling it.

10. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This may come off as biased but I do believe that Sporting deserved at least a point in this match. They played well and RP was indeed the MOTM because without him it could've been really ugly. The penalty should have been called at the end of the match. Whether or not it was intentional is besides the point - he touched the ball with his hand in the box, end of story. While he may not have been preventing a goal or whatnot, the fact remains that he touched the ball with his hand in the box.

This season cannot end fast enough...

:(

11. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The league is a disgrace....and that video is useless its a REFEREE commenting another REFEREE. LOL

12. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yes, armchair commentators are much better. :confused:

13. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Yeah, it's a penalty, no denying that.

14. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    At the end of the day it doesn't make a difference. Assuming Sporting scores, it's a draw and we needed 3 points, not 1. Like I said earlier, this season cannot end fast enough...

15. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    your right, but 1 pt is better than 1. "IF" braga looses today, they're still ahead by 1, where as they couldve been tied with the final league match between SCP and Braga deciding 3rd place.

16. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    really? there were large stretches that porto had sporting completely on the back foot. sporting grabbed a chance on the counter here or there but after the start of the game and a little bit at the very end never had consistent control of the game. andd i think i'd have to say more chances would usually be a sign of controlling the game. patricio was great no doubt tho

17. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    I for one agree, it should have been a penalty. Furthermore, I was praying that peckerhead gave a penalty against Ronaldo so I would not have to hear the endless bitching and whinning. If it wasn't bad enough you (I'm referring to Sporting fans in general:rolleyes:) bitch and whine and complain enough already, but now you have one more reason to make excuses with.

Enough elready:D

18. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011

Bite your tongue mate! Easy now.
    We don't abandon a club just because of shitty management.

How old are you? 22, 23, 24???? That would explain much regarding your comment.

19. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    LOL, It's not a club, it's a money making scam and the "fans" keep going back for more of the same crap. Too bad the real fans don't get a chance to go Air Canada centre and voice their opinion of how the franchise is run.

I'm not a Leafs fan, Penguin fan before Lemieux and Jagr were there :cool:

20. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    Like I said, bad management mate.

I don't abandon ship when things get bad, not matter how bad.

I'm not directing this at you, but at FCP fans in general.

Most fans here are probably young and know nothing else but winning.

Would they be FCP fans if the results weren't there??

I find many 'kids' aren't Leaf fans because they like to jump on what's winning at the moment. That's why there's tons of Penguin fans of late.

Remember, I'm not directing this comment at you personally.

21. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    No i understand. When I was a kid in 80s, i liked the stupid penguin logo and that stuck with me. :D I also liked the Nordiques too.... :eek:

I also started to like FC Porto when i didn't even know much about soccer. Maybe it was their jersey, not sure why, i was only 4 or 5yo. :D My dad is a Benfa and mom a Portista, godfather a Sportinguista. Most of my family are die hard Benfas too.

22. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    Ah the Nordiques. I loved the Nordiques, for one reason only.

To beat the bloody Habs, can't stand the Habs.

I don't know what I hate more, pathetic Beficaca fans or those stupid Habs fans??? Close call, seriously:confused:

23. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I work with real Habs fans that live in motreal. There are pretty good guys. :D

Wow, off topic. :cool:

24. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    iv been unfortunately a LA kings fan all my life haha x)

25. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

anyways I agree with you. stick with team through good and bad times. I always been a Sporting fan, and always been a leafs fan when it came to hockey (altho I like soccer alot mroe than hockey).

im 24 years old, when I was a kid the Leafs were actually a good team with clark and gilmour when they used to compete for the stanley cup I remmeber those games quite well. I liked players like gimour, peter zezel dave anderchuck lol clark.. thhen later on the pat quin/ sundin gary roberts days etc. so apart from being born and raised in the city I do have memories of them actually being a good team.

Sporting, well my grandfathers and father like Sporting but never forced me to like them. I also liked the jersey and the colours . . been a fan since about 6 or 7 years old but only started following the league closely since I was about 13 and I saw the big celebrations of them winnign the title and became more interested in it, it was also aroudn the time when we got first got satelitte and I could see more games on TV.