Round 20: VfL Bochum v. Bayern Munich Pre/Post [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by miko, Feb 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    Bochum are always a suprise team, so who knows? But despite are bad form, I still think Bayern will pull off a comprehensive 4-1 win.

2. Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Riiiight...

3. Potomac Red Devil

Aug 12, 2003
    Indiana
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching the end of this game, I can't help but feel the last offsides call was wrong. Bayern should have come out of this match with a point.

4. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah, Bayern got scewed but they never should've been in that position anyway. What an incredibly disappointing restart to the season after what looked like a promising close to the first half in December. Hitzfeld has completely screwed the pooch by not staying with what was working and not improving the team during the January transfer window.

5. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    4-1 win for Bayern, god I was wrong... :(

6. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002

I don't think it's so much Hitzfeld's problem as it is the managament (Hoeness and Co.)

The management are stubborn and often obnoxious in thinking if they bully a team into selling a player they will get him. In the winter they only wanted Tevez (like in the Summer with Makaay) but failed this time around.

The formation which might have looked good before the winter break wasn't actually very impressive if you take into account our opposition.