Round 15: Werder Bremen v. Bayern Munich Pre/Post [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by miko, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    This is a very tough match. Bremen are ahead of us in the league, and on recent form you can't really bet against them against an under-achieving Bayern side.

2. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wish Bremen all the best in this match. Right know they are playing the better and more succesful football. But if Bayern is in jeopardy (?) they are very dangerous.

Hope Bremen gives the dumb Bazis a few!

3. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    I would say Bremen are the clear favorites.

4. Moonsault

Moonsault New Member

Nov 8, 2003
    Germany
    We'll win... But the result won't ne higher than 9:0 ;)
    BTW: we=Werder :p

5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    bayern has not beaten Werder Bremen in 4 to 5 matches in Bundesliga. I don't know about German Cup or other matches.

Bayern also got an important CL and a showdown with Stuttgart to follow.

I just wager money for Bayern to win.... they need to win this one or the season -- both Bundesliga and CL -- will sink.

6. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    All things considered a decent result for us. As has been the case all year I thought we played to the level of our competition.

Hopefully we can take care of business on Wednesday, giving us momentum into the titanic clash next weekend. And then not letting down away to Freiburg the following weekend could see us sitting pretty at the midway mark and going into the winter break.

The next two weeks should determine the course of our season.

7. sublimegol18

sublimegol18 New Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Lawrence, KS
    US Broadcast Question

I was watching the Bayern game this morning, and when they equalized in the 80th minute or so, the broadcast cut to a picture of the fans celebrating, and one of the banners being raised had a picture of Bender, the robot from Futurama. Does anyone know what the significance of that is? Thanks a ton.

Matt

8. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bayern lacked killer instinct the whole season.... they were beating up Werder Bremen, but did not produce a single decent chance.

9. Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    You can say that again. Lots of luck, as it seemed as though Pizarro was off-side when he scored. Anyway, we'll take it. No questions asked.

10. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    do you mind to elaborate? Ive read the reports I want your personal opinions on this matter.

11. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought this was Bayern's best defensive game of the season. They almost completely shut down Bremen's very leathal attack.

Bayern's attack was impotent, though. I go back to what I and many others have said in the past on this board - that Michael Ballack is not a true playmaker. Ballack is one of the best players in the world, but his game is not that of a true playmaker.

This game was another classic example for the lack of a true creative central playmaker.

So Bayern desperately need a player that hangs out somewhere between the forwards and the midfielders, so that Ballack can be defensive and go to the box and score goals like he does so well. Mehmet Scholl has been just that player, but his injuries are well documented. And Deisler has the ability to take on that role, but he needs to get his head and body in order.

Maybe Tevez will be the answer. Actually, Tevez is just the type of player that fills that role. He's not a true forward, nor is he a true midfielder. For Boca, he hangs out between the forwards and midfielders and creates and attacks and distibutes.

Back to the game - I thought the penalty called against Liza was very harsh. The replay clearly showed that Liza's arm was already up and that the Klasnic ran into it. But on the other end I thought that Pizarro's goal was pretty lucky because he looked like he was offside when the pass was made. So it all evened out.

12. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    thanks Jeff

I think you are right and wrong at the same time, you're describing last season's Tevez, this season Bianchi made him evolve as a true 9 (he's even carrying the 9 on his back) Tevez is a perfect goalscoring machine now, he has everything, dribble, flare, vision, stamina, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g