Round 12: Bayern Munich v. Borussia Dortmund Pre/Post [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by miko, Nov 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    This match is a must win match for us, if we want to keep up with the leaders. On our current form, I have to admit I think Dortmund have a great chance.

For those who don't know, this match is on Sunday.

2. Bayernfan

Bayernfan Member

Mar 7, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    Definitely a statement match. In the past, this is the type of match where we show what we're made of and overcome all adversity. FCB has historically displayed the classic German "never give up despite the odds and fight the full ninety minutes" attitude. Will that happen this Sunday? Let's hope so...

3. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Probable Lineup:

FC Bayern:

-------------------Kahn–-------------------------

Sagnol--------Kuffour-------Kovac--------Lizarazu

Deisler------Jeremies-----Ballack-------Zé Roberto

----------------Pizarro-------Makaay-------------

Dortmund:
    Weidenfeller -Fernandez, Wörns, M. Metzelder, Jensen – Odonkor, Reuter, Senesie, Ricken – Koller, Ewerthon

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    if bayern don't win this match, beckenbauer is gonna flip his freakin' lid

5. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Lineup: Salihamadzic takes over from Ze Roberto on the left and Santa Cruz over Pizarro.

First 20 mins Bayern have hit the bar 3 times! Ballack free kick, Santa Cruz header and Deisler's shot from outside.

27" Ballack header GOAL!!

Bayern are on fire but fell asleep after the goal.

Dortmund are 10 men down after a second offense to some player I don't know, was this guy crying on his way to the dressing room? I felt sorry for him

6. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Dortmund equalize

Jan Koller 47" simple tap in, sloppy defending

2 minutes later Sagnol with a header 49"!!!!

Deisler second assist!!!

7. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    FT: FC BAYERN 4 -1 BVB Dortmund

27" Ballack
    47" Koller
    49" Sagnol
    72" Salihamadzic
    90" Pizarro

8. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Last year the Dortmund match got our BL campaign back on track. Hopefully this year it will also turn our fortunes in Europe.

9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bayern looked very fit.... they played more progressive than the last few matches i had seen. they are taking the game rather than sitting back.

Deisler, Ballack and Salihamadzic looked good.... but Makaay so and so.

The defense is much better without Linke.

10. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    The last eleven standing at least took on the fight!

(jonam) BVB travelled with next to no hope to Bavaria to face mighty FC Bayern. With 14(!) players missing they showed some passion but were at last easily defeated by the Redwhites and lost 4-1. Not a shame to get back to Dortmund without a point as the Borussen at least fought back. At halftime already one man down and trailing 0-1 they managed not to get slaughtered....

the whole match report plus picture gallery now on http://www.schwatzgelb.com !

jonam

11. erwink

erwink New Member

Mar 29, 2003
    california
    I agree. Dortmund were decimated by injury and should not have put up a fight. I am not impressed that Bayern won this game, especially at home. My focus is on Glasgow. If Bayern are a team of real class then they will get at least a draw with Celtic.

12. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Yes I agree I was going to say if Bayern deserve to be in the Champions League we can beat Celtic away eventhough they haven't been beaten for what 62 matches? If this is achieved I believe we can win the Champions League.